Regions Financial

www.regions.com
Profile Unclaimed

Assume till the new manager was for my department was hired and she took a dislike to me

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

Great Pay. Nice co-workers. Free parking in the garage.

Cons

Terrible Manager. Poor hiring of new loan officers.

Don"t hire managers that worked for a company 3-4 years and move on. They had to leave those places for a reason don"t ya think? I mean, if your running your department successfully, your profits are up than why do you leave

Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Regions is a good company to work for. Compensation is fair and employees are encouraged to grow in their position.

Cons

Lately there has been a staffing issue. This puts too much pressure on the employees working at branches.

Branches need to be fully staffed.

Teller

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Enjoyed it,nice coworkers,nice manager.Easy job

Cons

Pay could be better hard to advance

Good learning opportunity

Current Employee - Credit Underwriter I in Montgomery, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Credit Underwriter I in Montgomery, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Great people to work for, very nice

Cons

Top heavy, lack of advancement

more diversity, more women at the top

Great people lackluster executive leadership.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Great people. That want to do the right thing

Cons

Low pay, very little creativity, good ol boy network at the leadership level.

Add a little diversity to leadership, understand the need for better pay without offense.

Misled, Purely Sales Job

Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Little Rock, AR (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working inside when conditions are less than favorable outside, wearing suit and ties.

Cons

Constant sales push from an unrelenting number of sources, if you didn't get a credit card or get your numbers you looked like a scumbag.

You wonder why the retail banking positions are constantly needed? Lay off the high pressure tactics for members to perform and focus on other ways for the bank to make money.

Job was terrible, frustrating and insulting.

Former Employee - IT Helpdesk Support (Level I) in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Former Employee - IT Helpdesk Support (Level I) in Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

It's a big company so Regions isn't going anywhere. The cafeteria in the ROC facility is decent. Office is clean.

Cons

I worked here for four months and I left with no notice after I dealt with one-too-many entitled executives. You see, the Level 1 Helpdesk is the bottom of the barrel at Regions, and no one ever lets you forget that. You'll get everyone from lowly tellers to Senior VPs talking down to you, making you feel like a jerk for having them wait on the phone for 5 minutes and not eliminating all future technical issues. You'll never feel happy about working in this role.

The monitored/recorded and nonstop calls will drive you mad. There's no incentive to get through calls fast, because you are only allowed something like 2 minutes between calls for a break. Long-time workers know exactly how to "pass the buck" regarding harder-to-resolve issues and purposely deflect lengthy tickets in an effort to keep their call/resolution times down. It's all a game, and unless you are just as shady, your performance will always look inferior, even if you ACTUALLY resolve users' issues.

Oh, and the management are super anal about being on time. One time, due to traffic, I was literally 2 minutes late. As I walked to my half-cubicle at 8:02am, my boss was waiting there for me, arms folded, and scolded me for being late. Let's not forget that the ROC facility is located just off the worst expressway I have ever encountered – I-65 – and the two lane road that takes you from there to Regions is often congested like crazy at 8am and 5pm each day. Oh, and that it literally takes 5 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the farthest corner of the 2nd floor where the Level 1 Support area is. It was insane getting to/leaving work. The ROC is a terrible place to work for that reason alone.

In the end I got past my 3-month review with glowing reviews because I paid attention and could do the work well...but the non-stop barrage of unhappy/jerky people to support will drive most people mad.

I have no advice because it doesn't matter - Regions cares less about Helpdesk Level 1 than anyone else at the company.

Wouldn't go back.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Nice pay, nice hours, nice customers

Cons

they cared nothing about my family or my son being sick. no compassion. plays favorites

have a heart sometimes

Telebanking CSR

Former Employee - Telebanking Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

It is a job. You get decent benefits.

Cons

This is a sales job hiding behind the title of a customer service job. It is the most stressful environment that I have ever worked. Many of the supervisors are incompetent, but they are allowed to stay. They are allowed to get rid of associates so that they have to take no personal blame. And the sales system is horribly flawed. But they will still hold you accountable even though they can't always tell you why your sale didn't validate. The supervisor you get will play a great role in your experience.

My advice to upper management is to get rid of the incompetent middle managers. They will eventually destroy the company.

Mediocre job

Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Hours. The shifts were pretty good. Off on Sundays. Early Saturday morning hours.

Cons

Too Sales Driven. You got penalized when you didn't meet your sales goal. They pushed everyone to open new accounts even if the people didn't need them.

Regions Financial Photos