Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 11 September 2014
Updated 11 September 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

It was great up until the last manager took over.

Former Employee - Special Assets Officer
    Former Employee - Special Assets Officer

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits! Work well with family situations and seem to really be concerned when things aren't right at home.

Cons

Too much of management tell you what to do instead of knowing what to do. I was under approximately 5 managers within a year. Instead of getting to know who worked for them they always came in with a "hammer/nail" type mentality. When things went wrong, instead of accepting blame they were quick to pass the blame around and if the blame ever fell on them they would find a way to make the blame yours regardless so there is no use in reporting anything.

Please pay attention to the morale in the department. I was there a year and physically witnessed over 20 employees leave from one department. I was there for almost ten years and I left. I also witnessed 3 people suffer from a nervous breakdown. Not a good environment at all!!! At least not anymore.

Don't work here.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Made a lot of friends on the job.

Cons

Horrible scheduling.
    Stupid policies.
    Regional Manager was the worst person I ever met in my life.

Ups and Downs

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. Regions offers 12 sick days per calendar year and vacation starts at two weeks, moving up to four weeks, based off of length of employment.

Cons

The company is very reliant on the "good ole boy" system. Internal applicants are given false hopes of internal advancement, yet overlooked when the time does actually come. Much like in college fraternities, it's all about who your family and friends are, that decide how high your ceiling is. Internal candidates are encouraged to give ideas and ask questions, yet when they do, they are looked down upon and in some cases reprimanded.

Look into what management is doing in certain departments. The good ole boy system is going to eventually cause certain areas to face difficult times. If an upper management position has cycled through countless people in just a few short years, then the problem is the person hiring. Not the person getting continuously ran out.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tedious

Former Employee - Teller  in  Huntsville, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Huntsville, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

Pros

decent pay but not for everyone

Cons

management is not the best

Hire better

It was an ok experience nothing really to exciting.

Current Employee - Teller  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in DFW, TX (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

When you leave for the day you are done.

Cons

Very Boring and for the DFW certain branches can have almost no traffic which makes it very difficult to get referrals.

Shifting Landscape - Small Bank to Large Bank

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid training program. Decent benefits. Some banking perks but nothing that is out of the ordinary. Depending on the leadership, can create a community banking feel in large markets.

Cons

Constantly shifting focuses take away from the training provided. Programs and goals set from headquarters with not much consideration for different markets it operates in.

Market specific goals and programs would help to compete in each market.

Questionable leadership and decision-making.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, training and benefits, but production goals are unrealistic.

Cons

The computer system is slow and antiquated and takes valuable time away from trying to hit the unrealistic sales goals. Turnover of staff, from tellers to business bankers, is very high compared to other banks and an observant person can see that management is the reason why the staff is nervous and unhappy. Mistakes, no matter how inconsequential, are not forgiven and will be held against you. Hard work and good performance does little to reverse the damage. Do not voice concerns to management, even when they ask you for your honest feedback, because it will come back to bite you. Gossip is prevalent, management does little to discourage it, and is sometimes the source of it. As a whole, the company is good and these comments are reflective of the dysfunctional Orlando management.

Be aware the company policy such as, "do the right thing" applies to them as well.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company putos people first. The work environment is great. Great management. I love it here. It is a great company to build a career. Though I don't have every luxury, I have everything that I need in order to be successful and have a fulfilling career here.It's the best bank that I have worked for.

Cons

I am happy with my compensation, though I have heard others say that it is average.

I thought I had a career opportunity with a wonderful company.

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working day shift.

Cons

High turnover rate! I was terminated for using an earned "evergreen day".

Have consideration for people who are there to earn a living, I have lost my home, my car, my income because of using my evergreen day...I'm sorry I thought it was earned...

Regions is a very nice place to work!

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Hoover, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great personal and professional growth opportunities. Competitive compensation. Very much committed to promoting from within and developing leaders internally. Friendly yet professional work atmosphere.

Cons

Benefits are just average. Can't really think of any other cons.

Management needs to be more willing to listen to associates and not be so narrow minded. Think out of the box and be a little more open to change even if it means a bit more risk.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!