Regis Corporation

www.regiscorp.com

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014
Regis Corporation – Scottsdale – “Pretty Basic”

Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan

Daniel J. Hanrahan

Pros
  • Great culture with an emphasis on work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• paid vacation, although it's minimum wage it's better than nothing(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help(in 20 reviews)

• I dislike making minimum wage or commission whichever is higher(in 18 reviews)

bad company to work for real bad bad

Hair Stylist (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosnone only the cutting classes bad company

Consbad power trip managers and bad bad company losers

Advice to Senior Managementonly out to make us sale sale sale bad people

Upper management is a joke.

Hair Stylist (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ (US)

ProsThe people in the lawrenceville/ princeton nj location are great, large amount of staff, tons of walk ins, able to transfer when moving and not having to look for a new job, good way to build a local clientele, fast paced.

Consterrible base pay, terrible insurance, NO HR DEPARTMENT, clueless payroll department, upper management doesn't care, they pretty much own every chain hair establishment short of the hair cuttery.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish the head of the company would see how evil some of their district managers are, and how they abuse their power.

Unite

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are fresh out of cosmetology school and the ink just dried on your license, this is a great place to hone your skills. Then you can take the skills you honed and go somewhere else to make a decent living. Along the way you will work next to some really kind stylists, build some clientele consisting of kind, decent customers.

ConsLow/no staff, unstable hours/schedule, unlivable wages, run down salons, lack of customers, CEO and board members making too much money, horrible reputation as a company making it extremely difficult to get talented stylists to work for us. If they are talented and hire in, they will leave quicker than you can blink. This is a despicable company and it will soon be out of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should count your blessings that your smartstyle employees haven't joined the Walmart employees to organize a union for livable wages. Or joined the fast food strikes calling for a higher livable wage. A common argument against the fast food strikes is that the fast food workers are not qualified to make $15 an hour since they perform unskilled work. Well, your stylists are licensed professionals who make LESS than fast food workers. Therefore they have more reason to strike/unite for higher livable wages, right?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate is run by people who are not stylist and have no clue

Hairstylist (Current Employee) Mira Loma, CA (US)

Prosi realy cant think of a pro. Ive had nothing but issues with this company since i started there. Thats why they have a high turnover with stylist. If you can sell thousands of dollars a month in extra services and retail you will do fine here. They will value you if you can achieve the ridiculous goals they set for your salon. They will even tolerate you stealing and altering your timecard as long as you can sell sell sell for them. But if your an honest person trying to do the right thing you are not valued at all. There mission statement is a joke because they dont follow it.

ConsPay rate is horrible and commission is a joke. I advised those that are stylist to stay away. Nine out of ten stylists are miserable there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what your talking about before you advise your stylist. District leaders should be there to help the stylists not yell at them.

Low Pay For Stylists, Overworked, Can't make ends meet

Hair Stylist (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsLaid Back environment, nice co workers, easy going management, love doing hair, nice salon atmosphere, holidays off

ConsHorrible pay rate, no training, overworked and WAY underpaid ( I averaged 450$ a MONTH ), their maximum "full time" hours are only 20 hours a week, hated the color line

Advice to Senior Managementcompensate your stylists better

Love what I do

ProsPassionate people. Great benefits. Room for personal and professional growth. The opportunity to grow and mentor others in the industry.

Cons3 years of upper management restructuring. Constant change at salon level which has created loss of talented long term employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the desire is to truly be employer of choice then focus on benefits and pay structure to attract and retain the best in the business.

All Corporate

Salon Manager (Current Employee) Bangor, ME (US)

ProsSteady walk in business. vacation pay

Conspoor health insurance, extreme corporate pressures, work weekends and some holidays,

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your stylists with respect. don't treat us as children

Fun experience

Drafter (Former Employee) Edina, MN (US)

ProsGet to see what your actually drawing in the field

ConsEverything is good, there's nothing that needs change

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great place to work, good life/work balance

Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) Edina, MN (US)

ProsFree Lunch, stocked fridge, good life/work balance

Cons24/7/365, sometimes have to work holidays, low pay, little training, steep learning curve

Advice to Senior Managementneed more support for employees

Great Company

ProsFree Lunch but small lunch room

ConsParking is hectic in the morning

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate and automate

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!