Reliant Energy

www.reliant.com

Reliant Energy Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Reliant Energy – Paralākhemundi – “132/33Kv S/S paralakehmundi”

Reliant Energy – Paralākhemundi – “132/33Kv S/S paralakehmundi”

Elizabeth Killinger

Incompetent Marketing Department

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe pay is very good and if you are a friend of the CMO you can be hired immediately, and never fired.

ConsThe CMO cultivates a "good ol' girl" mentality. She hires and promoted her friends regardless of their experience. This team of mean girls rule and count on the fact that the CEO does not know anything about marketing. How many more customers do they have to loose before the CEO makes a change?

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise the CEO to move Marketing to Princeton an start fresh with team with proven experience.

A company in transition

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe compensation package was good, annual bonus, 401K and generous vacation at sign-on
    A mature IT Development Lifecycle
    Worked with some great IT Senior Management

ConsThe company was constantly acquiring new acquisitions; the state of employment was in constant flux
    The salary was competitive, but at the low end of the scale
    Working downtown at the Pavilion was not convenient; long walk from Metro Bus route at downtown locations

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much management and not enough worker bees... Really need to reassess how you determine who stays and who goes when going thru a merger/acquisition situation

In transition

ProsGood compensation, great work life balance, close work culture on individual teams

ConsLimited growth opportunity for promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop mentor ship and development programs for junior level employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst - Contractor

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThis was an excellent company to work for. The pay was good and the people were great. Strong support from management and the were very focused on the projects we were working on. Great company to work for....

ConsThere were no cons while working at Reliant.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Opinions

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat work / life balance, lots of volunteer opportunities, competitive pay

ConsAdvancement opportunities are limited, high turnover rate

Advice to Senior ManagementAct on commitment to invest in employees

Don't waste your time !

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsI got a free nest thermostat : )

ConsThis is a MUST READ if you're considering being a sales agent for Reliant Energy/Tecomax !
    You're literally hired on the spot but don't be deceived , most don't stay . We had a hired class of about 49 people and maybe only one or two stayed .
    Here's why . Your day starts at 8am . Then you spend an hour or so listening to the millionaires of the company talk of their financial success . Then you sit around the office trying to hype each other up until about 1pm . From there you go to your territory . You're dropped off in a neighborhood from 1:30 to around 9:00 pm knocking the same doors over and over . While you're knocking doors your supervisors spend the day in their cars eating and staying out of the elements . Even if you have an emergency and have to leave they will not come get you . They say the ones that are successful endure it . That's your day .
    Also don't be deceived by the pay ! It's NOT $100 a deal the way they say . It starts at $80 a deal BUT the regional managers cut is also taken from that so you start at $60 a deal .
    Only the higher ups profit that's why they hire in volume knowing most won't stay

Advice to Senior ManagementWise up . Be honest with new hires

Contractor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat location, decent pay, comfortable workspaces

ConsNo love for contractors, who are not always treated the best way.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore openness

Great Work Environment

Senior Information Architect (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsWork life balance is amazing and initial pay as a contractor is ideal

ConsConversion to perm is a lower salary than expected but bonus structure is large

Work Experience

Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThis is one of the best electric utility company to work in USA. They are well organised and work with all forms of business in the energy industry. They have a certain standard and you can notice while working with the company. This is a definite recommendation if you have dreams to move to energy sector.

ConsThere are none so far.

Inexperienced leaders. Too focused on operations vs. driving more business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsPays well. Benefits are okay. People are mostly nice.

ConsLeadership is like-minded and has been working together for over 10 years. No upward mobility unless you've been at the company for many years. Can't trust leadership to do what's right. Business is not growing and they will have to be in cost-cutting mode for the foreseeable future. No real strategy for the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside of the building and see how other companies compete for business. Bring in outside leaders with experience in marketing and driving subscription type services.

Worked for Reliant Energy? Contribute to the Community!