Response

2.5

Response Managing Director Brian Bannatyne
Brian Bannatyne

Amazing

Former Employee - Sales Advisor  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

Our manager always thrived to get the best out of our team, she could lead with example

Cons

It would be helpful if all staff were treated equally

Give some thought to your agents WHO DO there job looking after customers and not the ones who look like models and dont do the job correctly

HORRIBLE WORKING ENVIRONMENT, MANAGEMENT COULD DO SO MUCH BETTER!

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard to think of any pros, they do exactly what a call centre is supposed to do, treat people like the back of their shoe. One positive is the location and the offices very nicely made.

Cons

Senior management are a joke! They do not set good examples for their teams and they talk to you as if you are rubbish at the back of their shoe. The staff are also very strange, hard to work with as they have not made it elsewhere in their careers so all the rif raf is there. Also everyone gets paid different salaries to do the same job! Run while you can!

Stop treating your staff like kids, give a little bit of respect to them as that what you rave on about and have plastered over your walls. Treat people fairly. But i think for response to change they need to get rid of certain managers from the higher up to change completely.

Great call centre company to work for

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Response full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are a great employer, good progression and scope to try different roles,competitive salary, great work-life balance. Good leadership team with clear goals for the future

Cons

sometimes focus on negatives rather than positives

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst job I have ever had. If you are given the chance, run!

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't honestly think of any. On site cafeteria that's too expensive for the quality of food given.

Cons

Everything. Everything about this place is terrible. The hours, the staff, the training. We were not trained properly and had little understanding of what to actually expect on the call centre floor. The hours of work were terrible and the time taken to request holidays was utterly shocking with 80% of requests from ALL staff going unaswered. The company had thousands of posters promoting good work ethic and being friendly to one another but by far the was the rudest environment I have ever had the unfortune of working in. Team leaders were nasty and unforgiving. Other staff members were rude and unhelpful for new staff. I myself was let go because despite being given unrealistic targets, I received 2 letters from customers I had helped, letters saying how excellent my service was. I was given a verbal warning for one of those calls because it "took too long". The situation? A son, his father and a lawyer on the phone to me (on the phone to student loans for the 8th time) enquiring as to why he wasnt being funded. Due to several errors with system and other incompetent staff, his account had been disabled and 4 months prior to all this, the mother had passed away. I had been at the job for 5 weeks (also this being my first call centre AND being only 17) I took the call for 3 hours and made sure that everything was put back on track. The boy got funding intime for his course and received the correct funding. A verbal warning for DOING THE RIGHT THING is unacceptable.

Liquidize the company and start again. You have shocking policies where it is easier to fire a lot of people then bring in half that number during the busiest time in the year to deal with the increase in calls and the new staff have little to none experience. But don't worry, that just means you can fire them aswell, and drive up the numbers of people you have hired. Because that's all you guys care about. Not the customers, not your employees and apparently not your reputation either as everyone I have ever met that has worked or working for RESPONSE, shares the same opinion. This is a terrible place to work.

Worse Job Ever

Former Employee - SKY Customer Service  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - SKY Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

None as all aspect were poor

Cons

They lied about pay structure
    No support from team leaders
    No Real training as didn't prepare for anything

learn how to be more flexible with staff
    understand staff needs
    Understand how to deal with non ordinary situations were all human remember

Could be better.

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Response full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working indoors. Most people were friendly. RHL offers younger people an opportunity to enhance their communications skills

Cons

1. It is a call centre but every one is crammed into it resembled a noisy chickencoop.
    2. Not enough "cool down time" in between calls. -Anyone who's ever worked in a call centre or in customer service in general knows that these roles are stressful. Having an assembly line of phones calls i.e. being understaffed, is not ideal for service levels, or customer or employee satisfaction.
    3. Employee's were expected to write notes while on call with the customer. I think it's obvious why this is a bad idea.
    4. No opportunity for advancement. Sure, one could rise to the heights of "team leader" which is one tier above "customer service rep" with a bit more responsability.
    5. No dignified recognition of employees. I once received a teddy bear!
    6. Tenure not valued; wages start low and stay low. I worked there for a few years and earned less than 7 pounds.
     7. Long hours. Working at anything for 12 hours days is lame. Even if I loved doing something, after being compelled to do it for 12 hours a day I would quickly come to despise it. Yes, I use the word compel, because people are compelled to "make a living".

1. Reduce noise in the call centre.
    2. Allow some cool down time after every call. It is unnatural to serve people every minute for an entire shift.
    3. Allow employee's to write notes off call. (could be part of the cool down).
    4. Show more appreciation for employees. Make the work environment comfortable (decent equipment -chairs and headsets / quieter) Invest in employees via pay rises, other benefits (e.g. time off for exceptional service), and by offering employees meaningful training opportunities which would make them more valuable to the company.
    5. Short shifts (4 hours with option to work longer) with higher pay make more sense than a long shift with mediocre pay.
    6. RHL could be a pretty good place to work but the company seems to have a puritan work ethic and is perhaps blinded by profit which it does not seem to share with the staff. In my experience, RHL was not a bad place to start but it seems to be a company that people will plod along at until something better comes along but what is worse is that the company seems to be ok with that.

If you are joining RESPONSE at management level then think befor you make a decision

Current Employee - Business Improvement  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Improvement in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Response

Pros

Good for experience and developing skiils, good size company, good location

Cons

Poor in paying salaries, rewards or recognising employees. Not good for developing career within the company. Poor leadrship from the top

Company needs a culture change

Worked for Response? Contribute to the Community!