Responsys

Responsys Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Responsys CEO Dan Springer

Dan Springer

Pros
  • The work life balance is also something that is good as well; the managers encourage that work stays at work (in 10 reviews)

• Get to work with some good people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc (in 3 reviews)

• I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Overworked Employees. No Growth Opportunities.

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsReally nice coworkers that make it hard to leave behind.

ConsVERY over worked employees. High level of dissatisfaction amongst employees. No growth opportunities. Company takes revenue and stock holders over employee happiness. High turn over in employees.

HR of Bangalore office is not good

Operation Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosvery good benefits and good work environment

ConsHR does not know how to interact the employee

Not so great to work at responsys

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGet to work with some good people

ConsPoor leadership
    No recognition
    leaders Play favorites
    HR also dont know to interact with people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laid back work environment filled with many talented and hard working individuals

Pros-Colleagues are very knowledgeable in their medium and can always teach me something new
    -Some opportunity for growth
    -It's a fast growing company but it still feels small (which is a plus in my opinion)

Cons-Benefits package could be better
    -Lower than average salary

Advice to Senior ManagementStay up to date on what benefits other tech companies are offering to their employees

Interesting projects, good work/life balance

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Bruno, CA (US)

Prosgood work/life balance, people are very friendly and willing to help, offices in great cities around the world.

Consmngt needs to share info about upcoming product changes

Advice to Senior Managementremember that ideas can come from worker bees as well as managers

Amazing internship with great people and a lot of growth opportunities.

Sales Enablement Intern (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsResponsys has a great company culture. Everyone is very friendly, outgoing, open, and interested in helping you learn as much as you can during your time here. Responsys truly works to have everyone succeed as a team. There are a lot of growth opportunities and the work you do as an intern is useful and appreciated. I have learned a lot about the industry and business through talking with other employees about their experience prior to and at Responsys. Through this internship I was able to attend the BootCamp trainings for new hires. This was an amazing experience because not only was I able to gain a deep understanding of Responsys but I was also able to connect with more people throughout the company worldwide and gain serious real world experience of what a job like this would entail. This is a great internship because you are able to dive deep into your specific job, while also constantly learning about other aspects of the company.

ConsThe commute from the south bay is long, but definitely worth it to work in the city and at Responsys.

Good company for personal growth

Campaign Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities to grow and learn in the company
    Management seems to support lateral growth

ConsA lot of referrals means the talent pool is limited to who knows who
    Management tends to support immaturity in co-workers

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't be friends and a boss to the younger team members.

Not a climate that fosters innovation

Pros- Decent work life balance

Cons- Lacks climate for innovation, Politics galore
    - Limited career development and learning opportunities
    - Too much focus internally, product development slow, frozen and jerky, way too much time spent building band aid solutions that really dont inspire
    - Employees score high on arrogance and less on smartness or ease to work with
    - Non-tech savvy customers and sales organization
    - Archaic technology stack to work with
    - Stingy benefits, no free food, gym, miserly 401k plans

Advice to Senior Management- Seriously consider the neighborhood you are part of, what is your value propostition in the silicon valley for a prospective employee to come and work for. Neither a technology powerhouse nor a thought leader necessarily with a culture that stifles innovation is a bad recipe to attract top talent

Depends on department you land in. Favorites are played.

ProsGood people
    Some departments are better than others.
    Teamwork is not necessarily top priority

ConsThanks for the small raise. It was like getting the 10 cent an hour raise. I am now earning less due to inflation. I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow. Good to get experience then leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your staff.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sr. Management takes a mckinsey consulting approach to employees- fails to see value in offering training and mentoring

Prosflexibility can be good for some positions

Conslow salaries for some areas, significant turn-over in some departments

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!