Restaurant Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Be careful...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

ProsMost coworkers are friendly, helpful. Certain departments are well managed and great to work for (call center, facilities).

ConsManagement could be better. Only concern is the bottom line - and they don't care about how decisions affect employees. In the past 6 months, there were layoffs and most of IT and HR is outsourced.

There is NO work/life balance. Management expects all employees to do the work of 2 or more people and no matter how hard you try - if you don't keep up with their unrealistic timelines, you're out the door.

Only group that ever receives recognition is the sales team - even when they don't make plan. No other group receives recognition or training. No opportunities to develop within career. Very limited opportunities to move up.

Beware if you consider joining. It all seems great in the beginning...and then you go from hero to zero over night.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't ignore their suggestions or ideas. Just because it's not a problem for you, doesn't mean it's not for your employees.

Invest in your employees. Train more people than just sales. Make it a place where someone finds more than just a job - they find a career.

And find someone to lead your IT department. It's painfully obvious there is no leadership and no common direction. And again, invest in the department. Give them the tools to do what you tell customers they can do.

The tides have changed

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAt the time great income. Outstanding training for sales rep. A strong sense of support from RM from 2006 to 2011. The best annual meeting.

ConsIn 2012 new style of management very cut throat. Bonus were made hard & hard to get. No support from upper management. Lack of support getting city permits for installs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.

Prepare to work!

Corporate (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost of the Corporate people are approachable. The local depot employees are great.

Consno match 401k,some micro managing

Advice to Senior ManagementThe local Technicians work hard, they deserve to be rewarded.

My time served

Manager (Former Employee)
Mendota Heights, MN (US)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGrowing company and primarily with employees under 50. Decent pay, but bad 401K with not match. Flexible with work/home life balance.

ConsOften a "my way or the highway" type of vib from leaders. Promotions often appeared to be based on favoritism, not necessarily accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your human capital and truly listen. Truly caring and having authenticity in your approach can do wonders for the culture.

use to be great! mediocre now

Master Service Technician (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Prospay is not bad. good teammates(drivers,techs)

Consmanagement(upper-mid-lower) demands much more than gives back. merits and seniority means nothing. constantly issues even w/40hrs work week. misleading on paid holydays routine and pto. management-- nothing but brownnosers. whoever speaks up-*you are fired!*.micromanagement gallore. bunch of opportunists and deletantsin the corporate office. current policies discourage to work hard and efficient. current ceo w/ top management want to sell out company only in mind to fill they own pocketsmy current location is not in Cincinnati--for security reasons*

Advice to Senior Managementstand for your team/crew. have some cahonnes. corporate is NOT always right

Horrible training

Service Manager (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsPlease stay away from this company...

ConsPlease spend some money on training

Advice to Senior ManagementPoint out the elephant in the room

Smoke & Mirrors... Terrible Company - No life balance!!!

Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent Benefits, fair pay... that's it

ConsYou have no life if you work for this company - the 24/7 on call is all that and more. If you live alone and have no life then this is your place. They cry they don't have money. That we are doing badly, below performance... basically everything you do sucks. On the other hand they are making big bucks. Lay-off's are rampant even right before Christmas - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! AVOID WORKING FOR THEM IF YOU CAN!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't manage a company like chicken little crying that the sky is falling when it's not. This is a bullsh*t company.

Good company gone bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Restaurant Technologies

ProsPay was fair, employees at the depot level were great to work with, we all got along and worked together.

ConsCorporate was controlling, micro managing. they did not trust there own employees. If you spoke your mind you are considered " not engaged". Very unhealthy enviroment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your managers manage the business, learn how to trust people. Stop expecting unrealistic expectations and holding people accountable for it. Was great place to work until 2009.

Very Happy

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time

ProsGood group of people to work with. They really stand behind their culture of doing the right things. I'm not sure what others may expect out of a job, but RTI treats people fairly.

ConsThe hours can be long and work is coming in 24/7. You're also going to be wearing a lot of hats and jumping from one task to the next - spreading yourself pretty thin at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating - keep getting better and faster.

Very good experience cut very short without knowledge.

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsExtremely progressive company with excellent benefits and pay for employees. A lot of autonomy is given and there is a huge focus on employee contribution to progress the company. There is a lot of room allowed for new ideas as long as they are presented well.

ConsRemote employees can feel disengaged due to not always knowing what is going on at the corporate office. There can be a tendency for management to listen to tenured employees vs rookies. My only complaint is one particular employee was a bad seed and was complained about by many yet he is viewed as a leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and allow all employees to have a voice, not just those that are tenured.

Worked for Restaurant Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Restaurant Technologies reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Restaurant Technologies CEO Jeffrey R. Kiesel. All 18 reviews are posted anonymously by Restaurant Technologies employees.