Rite Aid

Rite Aid Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley

John T. Standley

Pros
  • good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs (in 68 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Enough Place to Work

Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is fine and I worked with some very nice people.

ConsThere was limited upward mobility.

I was pleased to work at Rite Aid and was treated well by management.

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Brandenburg, KY (US)

ProsYou have a good working relationship with the pharmacist and the other techs. The pay and benefits are comparable or better than any of the other pharmacies in town. Rite Aid has a respected reputation and has weathered challenges while coming out ahead. They train you well with intensive training that will help you pass the CPhT exam.

ConsIt is difficult to get increases in compensation. Although you are audited once every year, I only received one raise in the three years I worked there. Granted, it was a substantial raise (about 40%), it took three years to get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more consistent in your hiring and retention of talent. Give head pharmacists training in how to determine who to hire and give them some leeway in providing incentive for retention. Find a way to decrease the work hours for pharmacists, or, make sure there are reasonable breaks provided.

Nice

ProsIt is good and fun and clean and responsible and they teach very well and hours are good to work. I like it

ConsI dont know it is busy and some people are no nice and some are mean and it drives far away and not always open and don't sell everything

Advice to Senior ManagementMey

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shift Supervisor

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsStaying busy...there are plenty of tasks, plenty of customers to help, to keep you busy from the time you walk in until you walk out at the end of your shift. The "customer service" atmosphere is like no other...greet, engage and thank...every associate knows that the customer is priority, above all else!

ConsUsually run a "two person" shift, Manager and Associate, when busy it becomes difficult and stressful at times. New policy where we ask everyone for their ID (identification to buy cigarettes or alcohol). Regardless of age, 18 - 118, you need to ask, it upsets some customers, some even walk out, so you have to know how to handle that, not as easy as it sounds.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be 2 associates and 1 management per shift during busy hours. (for example: 2 open, another associate would come on duty at 11 am until 6 pm to help provide the customer service the company policy and procedures reflect we provide). New ID policy is causing more problems than it is worth. Our senior customer base do not understand nor like this policy, it is causing stores to lose sales and customers

Pretty good

Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC (US)

ProsPay and benefits and schedule

ConsNot enough help to do what they want

Typical retail chain pharmacy

Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ (US)

ProsWas a pharmacy intern during pharmacy school. I had the opportunity to learn about community pharmacy and how a pharmacy is operated. Gave me a foundation for my future. Pay was comparable to other chain pharmacies.

ConsNot as innovative as competitors. The work environment really depends on the store and who your associates are.

Great

Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) Bristol, PA (US)

ProsRite Aid offer a great health insurance and also 401 retirement and stock option.

Consthe salaries are all over the place.

you must work very hard,especially on weekend,has no tech, you must handle by yourself every thing.

Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) East Hemet, CA (US)

Prosgood pay for overtime.They don't mind that you get mistake punch in early for 1-2 minutes

Cons12 hours long shift make you very easy get wrong drug,wrong typing mistake ,not only you but,tech has a lot of mistakes which you have to watch all the times. be careful work in Rite Aid.

Less than exciting.

Floor Clerk (Former Employee) Hood River, OR (US)

ProsExperience in retail.
    Friendly atmosphere.
    Discounts on products.

ConsOutdated technology
    Bad management
    Not flexible hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess video training and more hands-on.

Rite Aid is a wonderful company to work for and cares about their associates!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Augusta, GA (US)

ProsGood pay and great hours!

ConsKeeping up with the demand of merchandise.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate tasks more proficientally.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!