Riverbed Technology

Riverbed Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Riverbed Technology Chairman, President, and CEO Jerry M. Kennelly

Jerry M. Kennelly

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here"(in 38 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving(in 12 reviews)

• Still suffering from some growing pains from quickly expanding the workforce over the past 4 years(in 20 reviews)

Absolutely awesome

Pre-Sales Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsCulture is key, people work for people not companies.

ConsMy office is a bit drab, but we are moving!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Awesome place to work

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsWork Life Balance, great perks, fantastic management that leaves us to do our job.

ConsVery hard to think of any, not the best paid in the industry would be about it :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the small/mid size company attitude as we get bigger, don't let things get to process driven

Creative, innovative and empowering!

Major Strategic Sales (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsRiverbed is an amazing company that drives both real value for its customers, as well as being rewarding for the employee.

ConsAs a rapidly growing company, systems and processes struggle to keep up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellent

Vice President (Current Employee) North Sydney

ProsGreat open, cooperative culture.
    Great people. Great technology. Great customer service.

ConsWork/life balance is difficult, most liekly my own fault, as I find because the opportunities are so many and the culture is immersive.

Fast moving, dynamic, flexible company to work for!

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsGreat people from the top all the way down, no internal issues with ego's and politics, everyone driving to the same common goal and theme. Can do environment, with people actively supported to bring new ideas to the table and apply their own, unique initiatives.

ConsGrowing company, and whilst not encumbered by process/paperwork, some internal processes can be a little lacking at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus, keep the open, honest, frank internal communications. Apply just a little more focus on internal processes to help drive the career development of individuals. HR processes/systems a little lacking at times.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

ProsSome great people work here.
    Market-leading products, and good brand-recognition.
    Office location makes it easy to maintain my caffeine addiction.

ConsDoesn't eat all of its own dog-food - if you don't believe in the product, why should we?
    IT and internal systems don't help - get your head in the game, or get out of the way!
    Management directives lack the "why" - if you're making changes that affect me, "because" is not a valid answer. And making "verbal" offers to me without putting it in writing just smells like you're doing something dodgy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf management one and two levels up don't listen to the ground troops, it's unlikely the higher levels will either.
    It's cheaper to retain good staff than having to re-recruit and train new ones.
    Stock options are only useful if the share price is high enough to make it worthwhile to sell.

Great company to work for, looks after employees well

Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros-Employees looked after very well (health care, life insurance, shares etc...)
    -Ability for employees to venture out to different areas of the company and expand their horizons they see a need/niche
    -Open door policy

Cons-HR have been known to be a little shady when dealing with confidential situations. Approach carefully
    -As with all companies, if you get a dodgy manager it can ruin your experiences. Unfortunately, Riverbed is not exempt from this as I have known of managers who play favorites. Room for growth can be limited

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement several checks to ensure managers are making the correct decisions. Some decisions are passed through on the implication that the manager is doing what is best for RVBD, but this may not always be the case

Awesome place to work

Inside Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsRiverbed has a great work life balance, great benefits, best products in our tech space, and awesome colleagues to work with. Great and abundant professional development as well. Brand new facility in downtown SF that is spectacular.

ConsSalaries here are on the smaller side compared to similar companies in the SF bay area. There has been some difficultly integrating some of our acquisitions but upper management is generally good.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employee's a more competitive salary that is comparable to our competitors and this would be the best place to work ever!

Very happy, will be here for awhile

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsPeople are extremely friendly. Once you understand what Riverbed is about and each product, it's very easy to see why they're great and that the company has a top of the line product platform. Very good benefits. Good work life balance. The company treats you as an adult and doesn't micro manage. Lots of resources to help you grow as an employee so that you can be the best in your role as you can possibly be.

ConsNone that are too bad for now

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like to see more official processes in place. Ex: SFDC.

Great experience

ProsVery smart people, lots of enthusiasm about what we do and how we do it.

ConsStrong work life balance can lean too far in the life direction

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!