Rome Research Corporation

2.2

CEO

Somehow recommend

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation

Pros

The work area is good because the Co workers you will have will be great. Except for one B&G employee who always tries to get away with work and thinks he's above everyone else

Cons

The security shifts suck. Hard to cope with and hard to adjust. Takes a lot of getting used to

Get rid of the new program manager.

Good company for a starting technician to gain crucial IP/Satcom systems skills

Current Employee - Network Technician II in Landstuhl (Germany)
    Current Employee - Network Technician II in Landstuhl (Germany)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Choose your own career path, able to come in as an RF technician and move into IP based systems or enter into more specialized RF equipment.

Cons

Statement of Work is not adhered to. Contractors are expected to do work wherever there is a need and upper management enforces this on both the military and civilian side of the job. Differential pay is non-existent.

Adjust Work Statement or increase pay to compensate for additional workload

Honesty

Former Employee - Satellite/Com-Sec Technician in Fort Ritchie, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Satellite/Com-Sec Technician in Fort Ritchie, MD (US)

I worked at Rome Research Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There very good at bring you in the door the truth is they may defer from the original agreement.

Cons

Pay attention to the information that is given verbally and document every conversation and meeting. You are trained and then stripped of you value for skills and hourly wage.

stick to what the offer that's presented and the employee will not leave listen to the information disturbed and stop replacing employee for inexpensive fresh out the military employee they hold only a quality to get a job not keep one over a long period.

This review is for Rome Europe I have no experience working for Rome in the U.S

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good for entry level technicians without any experience Rome contracts with the U.S government allow employees to operate a wide range of equipment. Also a easy hiring process I have not heard of anyone being rejected for a job with Rome unless a issue was discovered with the applicants security clearance.

Cons

High Turnover rate of employees and no room for career advancement. Benefits and pay are low compared to the industry norm.

Not bad. Benefits are not that great in my opionion

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Hurst, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Hurst, TX (US)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working hours flexibility are great

Cons

Cost of benefits is too high

Good pay....and that is where it stops.

Current Employee - I'll Tell You When I Get Another Job in San Miguel, CA (US)
    Current Employee - I'll Tell You When I Get Another Job in San Miguel, CA (US)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time

Pros

Like I said; The pay is fair for the location. It's a good place to get your feet wet after the military. Once you learn everything about the site you are better off applying your skills with a company that has the opportunity for advancement.

Cons

It's a union shop with no union presence. The only exception is when the contract is close to expiration. That's when they step up to the plate for more pay. The management here will not have your back when it comes to conflict resolution between a customer or the military. They just fire you. Even if you have evidence in your favor....they fire you. One more thing...the benefits....You are better off buying your own medical insurance.

Stand up for the people that work for you. They work hard for you....you should work hard for them. Stop the segregation between corporate and contractors. Keep up to date about openings in the corporate office. If a better position opens up tell your employees about it. If you do all of this you might not lose so many talented people.

Pretty weak

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Miguel, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Miguel, CA (US)

I worked at Rome Research Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary for the area, which has a low cost of living, longer hours/work days mean shorter work weeks.

Cons

Lack of communication from top to bottom, vicious rumor mill, company lets the Army beat them like a rented mule, company doesn't stand up for it's employees, little to no involvement from the union that you are required to be part of, multiple employees fired for minor or non-offenses, drastic lack of job security/continuity.

Low stress, fair place.

Current Employee - Customer Support Administrator Level II in Warner Robins, GA (US)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job security, low stress, management trusts you and you won't be micromanaged.

Cons

Few advancement opportunities. Could use more training.

Please provide more advancement opportunities.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Electronics Tech II in San Miguel, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Electronics Tech II in San Miguel, CA (US)

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good work hours.

Cons

Lack of accountability. Union presence. Unqualified techs. Poor benefits.