Ryan, LLC

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Ryan, LLC CEO and Managing Principal G. Brint Ryan

G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance(in 37 reviews)

• The MyRyan program creates a flexible work environment that fits your schedule(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform(in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse(in 9 reviews)

Great company across all departments and philosophies, with a medium-above average application of it's MyRyan program.

Intern (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsMyRyan is a reality for lots of employees, and there really is a meritorious environment. Lots of employee benefits, great PTO offerings.

ConsBonuses, and whether one advances or not is based solely on luck of the draw/who one knows. If you get stuck on a team in an industry such as retail, your bonuses will be lower than that of those in Defense Contractors or Oil and Gas. But it's worth the risk. Also lack of Administrative assistants means Associate Consultants, as well as Consultants must do extremely menial tasks for weeks on end.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget people on the lower level who drive your company, and remember to communicate on their level, despite the companies lofty future goals.

Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWork life balance, opportunity for growth, etc.

Consyou eat what you kill. In other words, you aren't just handed a large salary and told to get to work. you have to work and earn what you make.

Ryan is a great firm.

ProsRyan is focused on maintaining a flexible work-life balance which allows you to maximize your focus on your career and personal life. To help maximize your career, Ryan provides a wide range of training which can help you grow as a professional. If you are willing to work and grow as a professional then Ryan is a great firm for having a successful career.

ConsIt can take some time to build up a consistent stream of monthly bonuses, so the first year or so the amount of monthly bonuses can be infrequent which makes the overall compensation not look as good.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMostly nice and decent people. Decent benefits and pay. Well run training department.

ConsUnless your a "Principal's Favorite" you can count on struggling for engagements. Attempts to distribute work based on the Team Resume concept doesn't work and Principals are still reluctant to give work to Managers they haven't worked with which makes success in management a crap shoot.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job at trying to keep the loyal and dedicated people you have; otherwise, you will continually be searching for new people to refill those spots.

Growth

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Plantation, FL (US)

ProsGood Pay, Good Salary, Good Start for Graduates.

ConsSmall Office, not too many employees.

Best team experience of my career.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat workplace flexibility. Office culture is easy going and coworkers are very hard working. Great incentives to work harder; performance based bonuses. Nice location.

ConsWhen I first started it was very hard to balance several projects at a time. There are many moving parts to the process, so you are required to sharpen your attention where it is most needed.

Consulting

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsExcellent training program, CEO who truly walks the talk,diversified experience to be gained and excellent flex time program in theory.

ConsSay they value experienced hires but then want to mold them into what they already have, people are promoted base on skill sets not managerial skills which creates principals and managers who have great consulting skills but horrible people skills, low pay for teams not in Dallas, need a better way of assigning reviews and the flex time creates a sense of never being off the clock.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize just because someone knows policies and procedures and brings in good results does not necessarily mean they will be a good manager. Too many principals and managers truly lack good people skills.

Good place to get a start

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsFlexible work schedules. Work was not charge hour focused but just getting the work done. Not a lot of overtime like other public accounting firms. Team oriented so hopefully you get along with your team.

ConsRelatively small office in LA. If you don't like your team there is a lot of politics to switching teams similar to most places.

Good work/life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Proswork/life balance was great. I got to work from home all the time.

ConsThere was not room for growth and the people were not very nice. You didn't feel like you were a part of anything.

Ryan LLC

Prosgreat company to work for.

ConsThere are not cons with this company

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!