Ryder System

www.ryder.com

Ryder System Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Ryder System – “Ryder Systems”

Robert E. Sanchez

Pros
  • As a leading-edge Fortune 500 company with expanding global presence, we recognize our employees - our knowledge capital - as our most valuable asset(in 7 reviews)

• The company maintains an excellent good work-life balance for its employees(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is NO real work/life balance and it always feels like big brother is watching(in 8 reviews)

• After my resignation, upper management shunned me(in 12 reviews)

Good job hate they lost bid on relay vw parts

Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) Hattiesburg, MS (US)

ProsHealth Insurance and safety,Good Equipment

ConsCompany values,great benefit,office culture,leadership,time-off policies

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was good

Just with any other corporation, large amount of training with no one to do the proper training

Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR (US)

Prosteamwork among the mid management and technicians

Conscorporate staff fails to recognize achievements.

Advice to Senior Managementproper motivation of employees

Operations

ProsFlex time, good pay and benefits

ConsNo communication from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementShare what's going on with employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity to lay a foundation to grow and develop as a business professional.

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsGreat resume builder and good entry level position. Afforded opportunity to be hands on with the performance of your location. Wonderful people to work with and tenured employees always willing to offer advice and helping hands.

ConsLong stressful days at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to show and emphasize the importance of your employees and how much the success of the company is dependent upon the hard work of great people.

Great people to work with; Challenges with funding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsThe people at Ryder try do the right thing. They generally care.

ConsLong hours, limited growth potential, never having enough resources to do the job and trying to do to much with not enough resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth. The company is doing well. Revenue continues to grow and in general they give employees a 2% raise every year. Also look in the mirror. Same mistakes are made over and over.

Fairly stable.

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Athens, GA (US)

ProsFairly stable. Work atmosphere is nice amongst other workers.

ConsNo advancement. Poor management. Hand to mouth type of projects. Run poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter health insurance is needed. Sick days are needed instead of using vacation days.

Ryder OMC

OMC Coordinator (Current Employee) Novi, MI (US)

ProsNice atmophere, the benefits are awesome, and this company values diversity. Several different opertunities to advance not only your career, but education as well. Compay will pay for up to 75% of your schooling if business related.

ConsDepending on the shift you work (Midnights) you there is no premium pay. People are always moving so there is alot of restaffing which can be very hectic at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are looking for safe jobs and you have good technical skills this is for you. If you are planning getting a salaried position experience Logistics or Transportation is perferred. This is also a nice way to get you foot into the industry as well so look into temp jobs related to Ryder at least in the Michigan area.

Good experience

Customer Logistics Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsExciting environment, everyday is different.

ConsCompany expects a lot out of its employees. Most of the time you have to sacrificeone thing to complete another. Margins are tight in the industry so it is typical to run across the do more with less mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people.

Work stays at work

Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsFriendly people, good work/home life balance. Freedom to conduct my daily activities in a way that made sense to me, without being micro-managed. I was empowered to make technology decisions (the cheaper the better). If I could demonstrate that something worked, they were often willing to adopt new ideas and ways of doing things.

ConsThe physical environment (a large floor of open cubicles) was not conducive to good concentration. They generally weren't very willing to spend money for tools and talent needed to accomplish the goals they set for us.

Not what I expected

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

Proscant think of one right now except for the matching 401k

Consneed better health care options. every year the medical plan gets worse. higher deductible and fewer options yet the stock price rises. so much for people first?!
    the manager micro manages the team. very feudal management style.
    the team lacks diversity. 90% of the team members are all the same ethnicity.
    salary is quite low compared to industry
    working from home is frowned upon. very backwards approach to work life balance.

Advice to Senior Managementits 2014! adopt more modern policies or you will lose the smart talent and retain the dinosaurs.

Worked for Ryder System? Contribute to the Community!