SASCO

Updated May 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Larry H. Smead

Not a great place to work

Information Technology (Former Employee) Fullerton, CA (US)

ProsHad enough equipment to work with as an IT professional.

ConsThe owner, Larry Smead, has a very bad attitude and treats everyone with disrespect which filters down to the workforce creating a nasty work environment. A lot of foot traffic, many are fired or demoted for no specific reasons. Went through 4 engineers within a year. Unhappy working environment, not flexible. The Assistant CTO left the company and the company never hired another and put the helpdesk manager in charge of managing talented Systems and Network Engineers. Not a great choice...

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees are hard working employees. Stop the political stuff and treat others with respect. Your employees are miserable.

Definitely work but a lot of people coming and going

ProsAt times the bonuses/profit sharing was good, but unfortunately have not seen that in a few years. When not in the office, worksite dress attire is casual. Have met and worked with some very down to earth PM's.

ConsA lot of office politics, upper management is a revolving door. At times too many chiefs for the tribe. Expect an endless list of priority one tasks, with very few compliments

good working environment and highly efficient peoples are working in SASCO

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgood working environment and facilities

Consneed to learn more latest technologies to build a good carrer

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good work environment and talented collegues in each and every department

General Accountant (Current Employee) Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Prosgood work environment and talented collegues in each and every department

Conspoor salary and no facilites considering with other company

Advice to Senior Managementneed to evaluvate with out considering the people and the nation but evaluvate while looking the talent

Old construction company with a stable job.

Low Voltage Technician - Installer (Current Employee) Woodinville, WA (US)

ProsStability. Job growth opportunities. Competitive pay.

ConsPoor management. A lot of bad politics involved between union and the company. Expect you to work a lot of hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to adapt to new technology.

Change with the Times

Project Administrative (Current Employee) Fullerton, CA (US)

ProsDepth of resources and some financial strength.

ConsCulture is of silo financial managment, not a happy, open, friendly, people oriented place to be. 1st year you earn only 5 days of PTO including sick, what kind of policy is THAT ?

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the culture. Ask employees for input, survey them and our customers and see what really matters to each.

TRAINING: Do you wish for new SASCO employees to become socialized to the workplace by default....or design ?

Companies get exponential results from top-down participation in program areas like Safety and Marketing. When the entire office sits together for quarterly lunch meetings they can determine and communicate what is important and acheive expectations. Working is a silo without any idea of how to fully engage with expectations is a certain way to fail to meet them.

emergency

Nurse (Current Employee) Doha (Qatar)

Prosthey will give good responsible duty and good instructions.

Consi did not see anything in our company.

Sasco Nepatists Extrordinaire

Installer (Former Employee) Santa Barbara, CA (US)

ProsThey had work where there was none in my town

ConsOut of 9 people on the jobsite 7 were considered foremen. Mostly of hispanic decent they would speak in Spanish when they didnt want me to understand the conversation. Only the "in" crowd would be kept on after the job was over. Carrot dangling about the next job is SOP for this outfit when they have no intention of keeping you for the next job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some good union representation for this company. The crews in the field are running off talented help to save their own skins. This is common practice especially if management is on site. Newer or lower level techs are kept from having input or even conversations with upper management. There is a reason for this.

Worked for SASCO? Contribute to the Community!