STMicroelectronics

STMicroelectronics Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

STMicroelectronics President and CEO Carlo Bozotti

Carlo Bozotti

Pros
  • Very good work life/balance - Good team spirit in general (in 70 reviews)

• good working environment in few groups for self-motivated people (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Few career opportunities, low salary compared to Italy's average for graduates (in 12 reviews)

• Conservative decision making after taken long time to arrive de-risk (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

got good learning experience

Trainee (Current Employee) Greater Noida (India)

Proswork culture is very good, chances of firing are very less

Consconversion rate after Internship are very less

Good company to work for

Systems Software Engineer (Former Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Pros+ Very nice working environment
    + Professional Training Opportunities
    + Good research opportunities for students in UK Universities but not only

Cons- Sometimes management hard to deal with

Respect for man´s life and dignity

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsVery nice working environment. People are very gentle. This company allows some level of independent work. It has a lot of information to learn new skill.

ConsThis company is very stable. Decision is made slowly, there are not much opportunities for changing carrier. There are many rule and regulation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Management Team in planning and execution, very limited opportunity in career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReasonable good benefit. Relative stable amount of AWS and Variable bonus expected yearly, regardless of market volatility. Good work-life balance.

ConsA lot of training programs, but that is being discouraged to practise for work and not really useful for future career advancement. Culture that reward sweet talk people, and not for people with good working quality. Too much focus on seniority. Management team looking at output but not quality and very short sighted. Very tedious procedure and paperwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and listen to the feedback from employees, respect everybody from operators to managers for the professionalism and skills. It is not about all the systems to access performance and asking for survey yearly, but how sincere that management want to get the company to be better. If all effort is to please the bosses only, everything heard is sweet but actually bitter.

I never understood how they can be in the Global Top 5 (back then). Not a good company

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Agrate Brianza (Italy)

ProsWhen I joined the job seemed like an interesting job. However, soon it turned out that the group where I worked had hardly sales. I didn't find real pros. Probably I didn't see the good sides, because they must be there. But not in Italy.

ConsIn Italy it depends on the network you have. Skills are not the only thing that counts. One symptom was that in Agrate very few job openings were posted on the internal website (all organized in the network) , whereas in Grenoble often many jobs were posted. The sites are comparable in size. People / management doesn't keep promises and not the right people are in the right position. Colleagues were also not willing to share a lot of info with other colleagues in an order to 'be important'. For example, software was not commented so that others would not understand. I had a few employers, but ST was by far the worst.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is better to have someone work then to have someone just being present without working. So let people do the job they want to and are best at.

sales account manager

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Seoul (South Korea)

ProsDiversity of products allows access to various electronics industries. Job security to be high.

ConsStagnated management and biz management behavior to be narrow-scoped.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequired to provide more incentives in terms of salary & biz spectrum.

Good company on the decline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsWork life balance if you're under Business Group.

ConsLousy benefits
    Very stingy if you're under APAC HR.

it's good to work in this multi-culture company, really learnt something but poor management

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Prosmulti-culture working environment, friendly colleague

Conspoor management , especially some department

Advice to Senior Managementalways change organization...no idea big boss's doing

Too much office politics

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsSerious company, good job security, good work-life balance

Constoo much office politics, too many meetings, hard to make choose move

Device Engineer

Device Engineer (Former Employee) Rousset, Bouches-du-Rhône, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

ProsThis company has great values (Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility is enforced), and the management trully believes in these values. I started in this company and I learnt a ton. I was regularly offered new missions to keep on learning, to keep on moving. HR policies are among the best I have witenessed: transparency, communication, and most of the time good listening skills. Even the salaries and benefits are good (for the region I was working in).

ConsThere is no real high management; however, HR reps told me there was a plan to put in place a proper high potential system in place in the next few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less techies, and more business oriented.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!