SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility(in 19 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic(in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management(in 8 reviews)

Good place, terrible salary

Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) Sveg (Sweden)

ProsThey see you, and your potential.

ConsThe salary is terrible and no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementUp the salaries and throw in some benefits.

Okay

Agent (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsGuaranteed 40 hours a week.

ConsNot enough pay for work required.

Ghetto

Member Service Representative (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC (US)

Prosno pros what so ever for working at this company ,this is the worst job I've worked,the pay is bad ,the management is worst

ConsNo proper training,no structure,put it like this my very 1st day of training the person from HR came to talk to the class and while she was talking she was painting her fingernails,she also told us that she was in a fight during her time in training and still got promoted ..wow

Advice to Senior Managementinterview people who have management experience

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OMG STEER CLEAR!

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

ProsNothing, absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, zero, oh wait...I do enjoy my fellow trainees, the trainers...and that's it!

ConsOn your initial interview, you will be told different things that are later wrong. There are no new hire packets distributed so everyone gets different info depending on whom you speak to.

They basically hire anyone with a pulse. Start you at slave wages and no raises. You can't hey straight answers on benefits, dress code, etc.

No using your computer to even look at your paycheck stub to print out; you must use the one and only "kiosk" in the break room.

No entrance to see anyone in HR or the site secretary. Oh and if you have questions about HR related issues, good luck. Pour site was told HR comes to the office on a non scheduled basis.

I was told benefits world begin after 30 days, they don't for 60 days. The health insurance offered had no out of pocket maximum so you just keep paying till you die. The plan is SO bad that it doesn't even qualify under the Affordable Care Act!

Unless you enjoy being lied to and making $9.50 an hour, don't even apply.

Hours at this site vary from 11am to 11pm est, and right now are M-F however, because we do Medicare, during October through February, you will be working weekends too!

It's just a Mickey Mouse operation, oh wait, Disney isn't lame!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a freaking clue!

Positive

Director (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsFlexible work environment
    Laid back culture

ConsSiloed organization with difficulties working across the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the walls between organizations/functional areas

Real People at all levels

Data Analytics Specialist (Current Employee) Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

ProsStable, open and fair processes, clear and documented expectations on business objectives and individual performance, tools for greater accountability steadily put in place.

ConsSenior leaders are very territorial, mentor-mentee relationships sometimes come across as nepotistic. Recent cuts in support group numbers have led to disastrous drop in turn around times for support requests. Where are we going? No one can answer.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to develop your people. The pipeline is running low.

My experience with sykes has been wonderful, I learned so much from this place.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC (US)

ProsThe good thing about sykes is the fact that they are always training of they ensure that we have extensive training in every thing that our job entails. I also like the fact when allow us to voice our opinion about things that we like or do not like

ConsThe most important con working at Sykes would have to be the pay.they do not pay us enough

Advice to Senior Managementno thank you.

Downward Spiral

ProsWork-life balance is ok. Most colleagues from my department are ok.

ConsVery very limited training, zero financial growth, nepotism.
    The global/corporate leadership, as well as the local leadership in the Philippines lack vision and foresight. Since 2010, it seemed that the company mantra is to remove very talented individuals for the sake if either nepotism or meeting the gross profit margins.
    The management, almost everyone with power, can't handle change. The arrogance is overwhelming. I'm starting to think that everyone was issued nostalgia glasses.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate: stop bickering. Do something about nepotism in your ranks.
    Sykes Asia: target growth in every direction. Be more aggressive in expanding the business AND ensuring employee satisfaction. Also, do something about nepotism. It has become an epidemic. It can be found both in and out of your call center operations.

absolutely hell

Customer Service (Current Employee) Sydney, NS (Canada)

Prosthe other people , who are your co-workers, are going through the same things

Consalways on your back about something, extremely micromanaged, they tell you anything good.. about what you are doing.. just yelling up and down the halls like a madwoman

Advice to Senior Managementget some that are qualified, more than 40 % of the agents out on stress leave.. what does that tell you

Full of lies

ProsAt first a decent schedule with promises due to experience. Most of the TMs are ok

ConsAMs who make it known who they like or dislike, horrible pay and benefits and broken promises

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't have enough time

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!