SYKES Reviews

Updated 11 September 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility (in 19 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Um

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Its a good opportunity . If you love people it would be a great opp for you as well. Fun environment

Cons

No words . Don't get paid enough .

Pay More.

Full of lies

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

At first a decent schedule with promises due to experience. Most of the TMs are ok

Cons

AMs who make it known who they like or dislike, horrible pay and benefits and broken promises

You don't have enough time

If only there were good changes in the workplace, then maybe it would be tolerable.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent I  in  Fayetteville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent I in Fayetteville, NC (US)

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing I've enjoyed was having the chance to meet great friends that would end up being long lasting friends. At one point of my life, I've been a pushover and always let things go. This job did teach me to strengthen myself and to not let people walk all over me.

Cons

There wasn't any stable leadership in the workplace. Managers constantly having "meetings" and never being around to help the CSR's. I didn't feel that the safety of the employees were a top priority to the managers. No leniency for people who have children and have emergencies. No chance to grow in that career due to favoritism. There is no professionalism, and on top of it all, even managers themselves don't follow the mission statement. I wanted to work at SYKES because of the mission statement, and I lost that interest after I immediately worked on the floor after training.

Please stop hiring everyone! Hire those who would actually work hard and help the company grow. Please look closely at your managers because they are just doing whatever they please and not helping your CSR's. If you care about the company, care about your employees. Happy CSR's will bring better results in my opinion, and truthfully at this location, there isn't a single happy CSR. Pop in unannounced and see what its really like, go undercover in your locations. Have some leniency for those with children and those who are married to the military. If the management was different and if the managers actually followed the mission statement, I would have stayed a bit longer. I was one of the top people that did referrals in my team and the whole call center, give some rewards to those who go above and beyond for you. All I ask is to at least consider what I tell you, because most if not all former employees feel the same way I do.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company with Great Values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

SYKES is very involved in the community. They support many events in most of the communities they do business in. They treat employees well.

Cons

I've heard other employees complain about not getting raises in the past but that changed this year.

It appears that the company is working hard to improve employee moral. Keep it up. It doesn't go unnoticed.

Good place, terrible salary

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent  in  Sveg (Sweden)
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Sveg (Sweden)

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

They see you, and your potential.

Cons

The salary is terrible and no benefits.

Up the salaries and throw in some benefits.

Positive

Current Employee - Director  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work environment
    Laid back culture

Cons

Siloed organization with difficulties working across the organization

Break down the walls between organizations/functional areas

Real People at all levels

Current Employee - Data Analytics Specialist  in  Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Data Analytics Specialist in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Stable, open and fair processes, clear and documented expectations on business objectives and individual performance, tools for greater accountability steadily put in place.

Cons

Senior leaders are very territorial, mentor-mentee relationships sometimes come across as nepotistic. Recent cuts in support group numbers have led to disastrous drop in turn around times for support requests. Where are we going? No one can answer.

Find ways to develop your people. The pipeline is running low.

Downward Spiral

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work-life balance is ok. Most colleagues from my department are ok.

Cons

Very very limited training, zero financial growth, nepotism.
    The global/corporate leadership, as well as the local leadership in the Philippines lack vision and foresight. Since 2010, it seemed that the company mantra is to remove very talented individuals for the sake if either nepotism or meeting the gross profit margins.
    The management, almost everyone with power, can't handle change. The arrogance is overwhelming. I'm starting to think that everyone was issued nostalgia glasses.

Corporate: stop bickering. Do something about nepotism in your ranks.
    Sykes Asia: target growth in every direction. Be more aggressive in expanding the business AND ensuring employee satisfaction. Also, do something about nepotism. It has become an epidemic. It can be found both in and out of your call center operations.

absolutely hell

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Sydney, NS (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Sydney, NS (Canada)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

the other people , who are your co-workers, are going through the same things

Cons

always on your back about something, extremely micromanaged, they tell you anything good.. about what you are doing.. just yelling up and down the halls like a madwoman

get some that are qualified, more than 40 % of the agents out on stress leave.. what does that tell you

The opposite of the dream they sell you in the training class.

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Full time and part time opportunities but it contradicts with the cons of being at this job. Get hired at your own risk.

Cons

Do not consider this a permanent job. It is not what they make it seem. Lies about easy advancement. They teach you the job but it's still wrong... I can go all day but it's not worth it..

No thank you.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!