Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Sam's Club President and CEO Rosalind G. Brewer

Rosalind G. Brewer

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits are possible while improving your customer service skills(in 44 reviews)

• The oppurtunity to learn every aspect of the job and business Decent pay and benefits(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you become salaried forget having work life balance(in 24 reviews)

• Was pushed to the limit to sell credits and plus memberships since the club was doing terrible(in 51 reviews)

A good place to start

ProsVery flexible schedule.
    Great opportunity to work with some neat people.

ConsLow pay
    Hard to be really appreciated

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time really encouraging your associates. It's hard to feel so under appreciated.

I had a pretty decent experience at the store I worked at worked with fun people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPretty good starting pay if you have previous experience.

ConsManagment seemed to come and go, and managment switched shifts alot.

Cashier

Cashier (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsVery relaxed work place , associates are helpful , managers are nice and help if they know you would like to move up. There is lots of room for growth with the company .

ConsThe hours are not great for partime and the constant up selling of memberships.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

First Job

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Gurnee, IL (US)

ProsIt was a great place to learn how to work in a pharmacy.

Conshigh turnover rate in the store

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove on getting managers that actually know how to manage.

Surprisingly, a wonderful place to work!

Cashier Promoted to Overnight Team Lead (Current Employee) Joplin, MO (US)

ProsLeadership is at the highest quality, ability to promote within; quickly, works with school schedules. Management is quick to acknowledge hard and good work. Overall an excellent place to work.

ConsThe fact that salaries are non-negotiable is horrible. Middle management has very low wages (less than 25,000).

What more would you expect?

Bakery (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX (US)

ProsThe fellow co workers were very friendly and their was an overall positive work environment. A lot of training and movement opportunities.

ConsThe pay isn't all that great for the amount of work that you will do. Be prepared to work hard and possibly be taken advantage of by the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management at sam's club should learn to lead by example. It's simply good PR to help out the associates and find themselves in their department with their employees more often. Management isn't only about the store and the procedures and policies it is also about the people you are managing.

I love sams!

Member Champion (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN (US)

ProsI love everyone i work with at sams i love my pay.. I love My hours.. they see how hard i work and reward me for it i think its a great place to work!

Conscustomers but thats not sams clubs fault... Its because we live in this screwed up world.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you see how is working hard and reward them! Even saying "great job"

I love Sam's Club!

ProsLoved the culture, company values and I felt like a grew as a person there

ConsNothing loved every minute I worked at this establishment

Advice to Senior ManagementYou people are doing a wonderful job. You have done everything great!

Friendly Company

ProsFriendly employees. After interview everyone was pretty nice to me as the new person. the manager was really amazing too.

ConsSelling the memberships can get a little annoying. The atmospher inside the store is a little oppressive. but its a ware house so thats expecred

Good Company to move up in. As with most retail, poor work life balance.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to get promoted. Fast paced, if you can handle the job here, you can handle it anywhere. Many completely different jobs at the same company.

ConsNo set schedules. As assistant manager can be assigned to any department at whim of store manager. No ability to negotiate salaries. Budgets get very little input from store level, making achieving bonuses harder.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!