Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros:
  • "Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation"
    in 87 reviews
  • "Good benefits and career paths, when you're hired in a R&D position"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Business & Technical Manager

EcoXpert Business Manager NSW/ACT (Current Employee)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat teamwork and talented people.

ConsNeed to keep integrating new products.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch emerging technologies and include in future planning.

Fairly average.

Project Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrong products, strong market position and a strong brand make selling easier and clients more educated. People are pretty decent generally. Work-life balance, time off and flexible conditions are manager-dependent but usually good.

ConsHR is amazingly useless at routine tasks, IT policies and plans are about 10 years behind current. Innovation is emphasised so little and given such little priority as to be effectively smothered. Communication from employees upwards is not encouraged. Compensation is below average. Being in a position of influence or being considered for senior management frequently appears to require being born French.

Advice to Senior ManagementAiming to pay employees a bit below average only ensures that the people who don't leave for better offers are either a bit below-average themselves or are looking to move out of their jobs upwards. Neither is good for employee turnover and replacing skilled employees costs a lot more than paying a good salary.

There are a lot of ideas and suggestions at employee level that have no effective way to be shared.

Overall a good company to work for.

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people and work environment. There is a lot of scope to broaden your skills and work in different areas of the business.

ConsCareer progression difficult once you reach a certain level.
Most new positions are now based in low cost countries.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication needs to improve from the very top level management. Promote within more rather than looking at the low cost option overseas.

old culture remains, not ready to move forward and step ahead of the competition.

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Prosvast capabilities in one company

Consnot ready for degree qualified engineers

Advice to Senior Managementplease reward creativity and passion and not just say you will

Terrible Pay

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

ProsLarge international company. Good vision, good products.

Products that promote sustainability.

Good premises.

ConsPay is far worst than industry standard, minimal salary increases (after review 6 months delayed) <5% even after promotion. Trying to hard on Digitisation impacting productivity and efficiency, e.g SPICE.

Many roles moving offshore to centralised lower cost locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they are worth or lose your talent.

Schneider Electric is "the" best company to work for

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Brisbane

ProsSE Brisbane office:
Work life balance
SE takes care of employees
Provide Employee Training
Career Development

ConsWorked in SE for 4 years, depends on which department you work in. First 2 years at SE was fantastic. Moved to Projects and Services team. where some engineers have been working the same team for 10 to 15 years. Constantly criticize new team members work, does not like new ideas and totally uncooperative. Manager supports senior engineer behavior, which has caused several new team members to move on or quit jobs.

I had very good experience in one team and very bad experience due to few people, does not mean that SE is bad, thus the rating is high. My rating for second team in 2 stars.

Advice to Senior ManagementSE is a great company. Please please keep an eye on managers with no interpersonal skills and move them to other roles, in what they are good at. Great leaders do not tolerate bad behavior, even though employee is smart and high performing employee. Great leaders throw the bad apples away and build better working culture

Schneider Australia

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

ProsMultinational company, Leader in its industry, flexible working time

ConsThe development strategy of the company is based on acquisitions but, once the new company is on board, the integration is not managed, with redundant managers and overlapping responsibilities.
Lack of clear long-term plans, sloppy management, too many procedures that make working there too slow and not effective at all
Too much politics with only a few decision makers: ridiculous number of meetings without any outcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork!

Schneider

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Adelaide

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery strong systems and processes.

ConsInflexible systems and processes that get in the way of achieving the ideal result. Very difficult to make your customers happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive greater local control to allow the local management to choose the best tools and processes for the specific local market conditions. Processes and tools developed in isolation in Paris do not always translate well to other countries, particularly those non-European countries.

Account Manager

I have been working at Schneider Electric

Prosgreat company with many different perks

Consnot many but overall a good place to work

Overall, a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Schneider Electric

ProsLearned a great deal and made lots of connections.

ConsExpectations were not always clearly identified.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Electric Videos

Schneider Electric – Why Work for Us?

The global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric comprises more than 140,000 employees working in 100+ countries. Schneider Electric has a 177-year legacy of innovation, international scope, and corporate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider Electric reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Schneider Electric CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire. All 608 reviews are posted anonymously by Schneider Electric employees.