Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Seagate Technology Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Luczo

Steve Luczo

Pros
  • work life balance-- 9 to 5, cant believe those companies still exist :) (in 37 reviews)

• Great People, Good work environment (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • There is more upper management than many of the competitor organizations (in 9 reviews)

• Little opportunity for career advancement (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

What you make it

Director (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsSalary
    Work Life Balance (Not for everyone here)
    Talented Peers
    Creative work

ConsTop Heavy
    Poor Bonus System
    HR Dept Sucks
    Company Morale Low

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of poor performers faster. Lots of people at company collecting paycheck and supporting overall company.

Command center operator

Prosgood company if you are willing to take the risk of not being able to make this a career

ConsHurting on cash flow. Downsizing done every 6 months to a year.

Advice to Senior Managementto much downsizing

Awesome

Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsFamily friendly company
    Encourage advancement
    Tuition reimbursement

ConsHealth breaks status
    Required to work the day after holiday even if it is your day off

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seagate is a good Company to work for.

CTS (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat for Leadership principals, treat customers and staff fairly and openly. Talented and committed workforce.

ConsEnsure your package is good on day 1, it will not be likely to change much over the years. Raises can be minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore 360 degree reviews for management- leadership style can tend towards autocratic.

Just Ok

Analyst II (Former Employee)

ProsI had a great team and manager. I also enjoyed the ability to grow and further my education along the way. I was provided several opportunities to further my experience outside of my title

ConsThe pay is very low and I was strung along for years being told that I would get a promotion which never happened. The company is overall very slow to act and it hinders some real innovation from happening.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your committed talent what they are worth!

3 Star is being nice.... (Depends on the Department!)

ProsLots of talented people
    Lots of projects
    Work Life Balance / Depending on Department

ConsMarketing needs retooling (ancient dinosaurs, free loaders, shady seedy types_
    Instead of overworking people, focus on effective communications, lessen the need for politics, and get the tactics fine tuned before you preach about strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those who actually work, stop kowtowing to those who don't pull their weight. Don't get lost in the politics, this is still a great company and can definitely overtake its competitors, just WAKE UP and cut the FAT!

If you're good at 30,000 ft birds eye view, then stay there and don't play in the weeds with the foot soldiers. Stop rewarding the dead weight, be efficient, stop pretending, and stop campaigning constantly. Focus on your most valuable assets which is your TEAM and work on your communication skills. Please hire a decent WEB team, and realign priorities! (EX: Largest product category should be respected, treated, and compensated accordingly. Don't pay the big bucks to people who take 3 months to run reports or answer emails. True story.)

Working at Seagate

Tech Support Agent (Current Employee)

Pros- flat hierarchy
    - team player (colleagues are very nice- easy going and positive mind)
    - well training courses
    - great technology and great products

ConsI've join in Seagate only for three month, I don't think I found the cons yet.
    Quite a nice

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will get latest technology training.

Seagate is hard to beat in the OKC area

ProsSeagate working timing very stable

ConsSeagate pay & benefit very less

Advice to Senior Managementincrease salary

okay to work here +1

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsOk basic salary, relax working environment, work-life balance

ConsLow AWS and increment, few calculative colleauges, bias sup and manager seldom listen ( my dept only )

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interaction with management will definitely help

Interesting work, good colleagues, family friendly

ProsSkill development is encouraged. Pretty good mobility within the company if you want to try a new areas. Company is expanding beyond just hard drives. Flexible hours make it easy to accommodate family stuff. Wide range of work available. Some people like to be narrow specialist and others are broad generalists, both kinds of engineers are valued. Social culture, lots of leagues and civic opportunities. New exciting projects.

ConsTypical big company problems. Occasionally you run into someone who isn't getting the job done. Eventually it gets sorted out, but it can take a while for the hierarchy of management to zero in on the problem. New development is fun, but there is also a fair amount of legacy stuff that is expected to not be touched.

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!