Seilevel

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anthony C. Chen

Okay experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

Pros-Fast promotion opportunities
    -Flexible when you work as it's task based
    -The times when critical thinking is actually required are fulfilling
    -Opportunity for project management skill growth
    -Friendly and intelligent coworkers for the most part

Cons- CEO angers easily, picks and chooses what is relevant to company values on a whim. -- unlikely to change
    - In promotion hearings and when talking about values/principles, employees are often asked what their opinion is about something, then if it's different from the canned response upper mgmt is looking for, they're wrong and the perspective is dismissed. This is an interesting take for a company that holds a core value of intellectual honesty.
    - Some project work is fulfilling business analysis needs at large corporations, this feels futile a lot of the time and doesn't match up with what the job description is during the recruiting process. While it's not guaranteed that this may happen, the work that is done on projects varies and it's really luck of the draw.
    - A lot of mundane tasks in lower level roles, the recruiting phase places a huge emphasis on intellectual ability, but a lot of the work doesn't seem to require it.
    - Management champions the company's methodology, but it is implemented differently in most projects. Need to standardize your own work before you can try to establish an industry standard for others.
    - Not much opportunity for technological skill growth
    - Focusing on growing existing customer connections when a single customer generates a majority of the current revenue does not seem like a good position to take.
    - Can end up working 50 hour weeks, 45 hour work week minimum

Good Company to Work For But Going Through Some Growing Pains

Product Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

Pros-Flexible working hours (fairly long hours, but they are flexible about when you work them)
    -Great people to interact with
    -Interesting projects for some of the largest companies out there
    -You can really control your own growth as an employee
    -It's just fun!
    -Pay is competitive with most in the industry- not the highest but great growth potential quickly

Cons-Changing views from management with little transparency at times
    -Fairly long hours (not the "you can work any 80 hours a week you like mantra," but certainly more than 40 hours on average)
    -Some generic small company stuff like politics and gossip, but it doesn't usually get in the way of the work or growing your career

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency

A job you can truly look forward to!

Requirements Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

Pros- Ever-evolving projects that require you to think on your feet
    - Interaction with Fortune 1000 companies
    - Amazing opportunities for growth within the company
    - Creative, outgoing and very intelligent coworkers who take teamwork to the next level
    - A work environment you can look forward to every day
    - Above-average compensation
    - There are a million ways to expand your knowledge and skill set
    - Management cares about your individual success within the company

Cons- You make this job what it is - if you are not ready to commit to a rapidly changing, quick thinking job, this probably won't be a good fit for you

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perfect Career for Creative Problem Solvers

Requirements Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsHigh level of transparency
    Well compensated
    Great Benefits (including 20 days paid vacation)
    Each project involves you to use your creativity and analytical skills
    You get to work with a wide array of Fortune 1000 companies
    Your coworkers are extremely smart and creative and they will push you to become better

ConsWhen you are assigned to a project, you work until your task is done. This is not a 9 to 5 job.

Great company that provides a lot of opportunities!

Requirements Architect (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsSeilevel offers the ability to learn a lot of different skills, as much as you would like to learn. I enjoy the opportunity to wear several different hats.

ConsAs a small company, those used to the structure of large organizations will need to adjust.

Work hard, Play hard

Requirements Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsQuick note: This place is not for everyone. From what I have seen, the people that thrive here are all very similar. I was here for some of the issues that were listed by the other reviews and while I agree with those to a certain extent, many of those problems have been fixed. Management has tried very hard to improve employee satisfaction and creating more structure to company processes.

High level of transparency by management.
    Surrounded by incredibly intelligent minds who will cause you to push your own limits.
    Fun environment, but everyone knows when to joke around and when to work
    Happy hours!

ConsWork can sometimes be monotonous and boring.
    Sometimes concerns are not well addressed.
    Interview process is very hard to get through.
    There is a subtle distinction between senior and junior resources, not always in a good way.

Happy

ProsHappy. Consulting. Fortune 500 clients.

ConsSalary. Sometimes demands. Not always integrated w/ other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees more of what is industry standard.

Thanks for the memories

Consultant (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsLocal Austin company with many highly skilled and experienced consultants that seem to share a passion around software requirements. I had the luxury of meeting some really great people while working there. Office atmosphere can be a little hokey at times, but they tried hard to make it fun. Seilevel has good intentions to be a great niche company and do believe they still can. There will always be a need for good software requirements. Decent vacation time, but it also includes sick days and personal days. Seem to be concerned about work-life balance. Your voice can sometimes be heard.

ConsIt was always very dificult to understand the direction and intent of upper management. Very disconnected to lower level employees. Today we are going to do things this way, tomorrow differently, and the next day we'll go back to how we were doing it initially. Upper management is extremely intelligent and if you are not equally as smart, then you are basically very stupid (at least in their eyes). They have their favorites for projects and if you play your cards right, you might be chosen to lead a project even thought sometimes the leader is not capable of forging ahead and ensuring project success.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsult more and manage less

Worked for Seilevel? Contribute to the Community!