Sendero Business Services

Add Photos

Bret Farrar

Amazing people, great culture

Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsSendero has proved to be the perfect place for me following my graduation. The company hires driven, intelligent and passionate people, and leadership truly cares about employees at all levels. Sendero takes employee development very seriously and has a great mentorship program in place.

ConsDue to the fact that the company is relatively small and young, its benefits aren't as generous as some larger companies.

A GREAT company that is passionate about what it does but MORE passionate about its people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsCompany leaders openly admit that their #1 responsibility is to THEIR people. They openly tell clients and others that they know that if they take care of their employees to the best of their ability; the clients needs and expectations will always be met. Constant opportunities to participate at all levels of the company from day 1 and in the beginning, Sendero is focused on helping you to know YOU (i.e. leadership styles, etc.) and how to leverage that to your benefit.

ConsSmall company and some of the benefits to a larger firm are not there YET. But, the only CONS would be ones where the company's values don't align with yours, in which case you would realize it isn't the right fit. The values are what make this company great and are what set it apart from the competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent (as you already are) with regards to what the company is doing, as well as develop the future of the company the way you are focused. The Core Values drive the passion for what we do and we love them for that.

Great Opportunity

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas (South Africa)

Pros-caring, idealistic leadership
    -opportunity to work across many niches and gain many valuable skills instead of just emphasis/area
    -internal ability to grow the company and provide opinions on growth and policy, even at low levels
    -nurturing culture
    -no travel required outside home office city and suburbs

Cons-lots of internal obligations at the high levels with expectation for a lot of client delivery as well

Advice to Senior Management-lots of opportunity for upward mobility, as growth is high

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company, Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Pros- Positive, energetic, and friendly employees
    - Work life balance (especially for working in the consulting industry)
    - Openness from Senior Leadership
    - Leadership dedicated to supporting employees both personally and professionally

Cons- Few opportunities for travel. If you want to travel for work, this isn't the company for you. We have several "travel" projects, but for the most part all work takes place within DFW
    - Training isn't at the same level as some of the more established firms, but has improved since I joined
    - Benefits/Salary aren't the same as larger firms but are improving. You get the perks of a smaller firm (no travel, work-life balance, and a fun, family atmosphere) and won't feel like you're "just a number" here. I personally feel that these benefits are greater than working for a larger firm and making more money

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue hiring people who are culture fits

An Outstanding, Rewarding, and Challenging Experience with Top-Notch People and Culture

Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsI have found that Sendero really lives up to all that it promised me while I was going through the interview process. They hire exceptional people, have interesting/challenging work across multiple industries and service lines, provide excellent work life balance, have inspiring leadership and managers, encourage creativity and new ideas, and provide a lot of responsibility to new joiners. It is exciting to be a part of a growing and successful company.

ConsWith it being a smaller company, the in-house training is not as big and developed as larger companies.

Outstanding People

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat people who are capable and a pleasure to work with. Work-life balance is the best you can have while working in the consulting industry. Leadership genuinely cares about each employee. Career Advocate (mentorship) program is extremely beneficial and provides an avenue for suggestions, questions, and concerns. Young and dynamic atmosphere - get to participate in building key company infrastructure. Opportunity to develop close relationships with experienced professionals, all the way up to the Partner level. Challenging work.

ConsBenefits are moderate.Being that it is a growing company, some large firm perks are not there (yet!). Expectation to drive around metroplex to work at client sites (better than the consulting norm of traveling by plane on a weekly basis). Work can be stressful, but I believe that is resulting from the nature of consulting-not Sendero.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever sacrifice recruiting standards and employee expectations. Our commitment to making sure each new team member is a fit and then continues to represent Sendero's brand and core values is what makes us unique. Thanks for everything you do!

Supportive environment and excellent culture--ideal for personal development

Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe best part about working for Sendero is the support system. New hires are supported by peers and an internal mentoring program which focuses on long-term personal growth and development. The work environment truly is collaborative and not adversarial at all--you're not competing against your fellow associates for 'partner track' as with large firms. Sendero has a genuine commitment to its people and shared success. These values are embodied in the executive leadership of the firm who are accessible, transparent and inclusive. Finally, the firm is full of young and dynamic individuals who take an active role in shaping the future of the company.

ConsIf you want to jetset around the country for work and have expense checks larger than your paychecks, this is not the place for you. Sendero prides itself on civic engagement and establishing a local presence, meaning vast majority of work is in DFW (which is actually a draw for consultants tired of the travel).

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent Model--Its amazing to me how accessible and forthright the executive leadership is at Sendero. Strategic objectives are shared with even entry-level staff from day 1 and they seek to develop personal relationships with each and every one of their employees.

Exceeded my expectations

Intern (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsAs a small firm, I didn't think I would get a chance to experience much at the client site, but to my surprise, Sendero does a great job of training it's employees to embrace the culture and use it towards satisfying the client. As an associate intern I had the chance to get really involved on the project and was given a much larger opportunity to learn and expand my skills than I would have at a bigger firm.

ConsThis can be a pro or a con, but they really prefer employees to put no more than 40 hours of work a week. I think in the future they may need to be more flexible on this. As an intern, I wanted to soak everything in, and It was hard to do that while also delivering the quality of results Sendero expects without doing overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. I absolutely loved my experience with this company.

A great company that lives their values and invests in their employees and community.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsSendero Business Services is a great places to work! If you are looking for a company with people who like to work hard but have fun while doing it, then this is the place for you. The home office, located in the center of downtown Dallas, is vibrant and full of color with several painting around the office from one of their charities.

The client work is challenging and it is exciting to watch the company as it grows and expands. The senior management is invested in the success of the company and works hard to maintain the culture they set out to create. Everyone at Sendero works hard to display the five core vaules of shared succes, passion, higher reaching, integrity, and respect in their work and with each other. Futhermore, there are many ways to make a direct impact and get your voice heard.

ConsAs a growing company, Sendero don't have the ability to offer some of the benefits of a larger corporation. However, there are many opportunities to get involved on internal projects and build out a variety of skills that you would not get at a larger consulting firm. Futhermore, the interaction you get with senior management at Sendero is truley unique.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing and living out your core values.

A Company Going Places

Pros- Outstanding team of people
    Sendero has a real knack for recruiting talent, they attract highly qualified professionals and college recruits who are motivated and driven. The team always helps each other out, even if it's someone outside of your project there is always someone eager to give some advice and guidance based on their experiences. Everyone, especially leadership, understands the meaning of "check your title at the door" so that everyone can learn from each other and have an equal say.
    - Great career growth and potential
    I hope to retire from Sendero, that should say it all.
    - Challenging but fun work
    As a consulting firm, there are a wide variety of projects and work to be done. Your Career Advocate and other management team members will get to know you, ask what you are interested in and where you want to grow, and help provide you with the right opportunities. Interested in technology but a background in management? No worries, the team will help give you the right opportunities so that you can explore technology regardless of your background. The work is challenging, too, and Sendero likes to build their people up and provide them with stretch roles so that they can remain engaged.
    - Trustworthy senior leadership who truly care
    The leadership team at Sendero take a special interest in each employee, meeting with them and getting to know them. They get to know our passions and interests and follow-up with us. Upon promotion, I received hand-written cards in the mail from multiple members of our senior leadership, that was the cherry on top!
    - Incredible and special culture
    There is a culture committee specifically tasked with growing and nurturing the culture as the firm grows. There are quarterly meetings, monthly happy hours, a variety of athletic teams, and much more to keep everyone engaged and connected.

Cons- Rapid growth means some growing pains
    The company is really taking off and is hiring in a lot of great talent in order to accomodate client demands. This is great news but there are some growing pains associated. The good news is that leadership really listens to people's concerns and works very dilligently to address comments/concerns. They will even follow-up with you to let you know status and next steps!
    - Client-driven deadlines sometimes means late/long hours
    At the end of the day, you are a consultant which means the client drives your deadlines. Sometimes these deadlines, coupled with most everyone's desire to over-deliver for the client, leads to long nights. The good news is that (1) the clients are wonderful and always appreciate your hard work and (2) the company really believes in a work-life balance. If you work really hard one night, you will be encouraged to leave early later in the week, everyone is looking out for your well-being (mentally and physically).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, you are creating something really special. I'm honored to be a member of your team.

Worked for Sendero Business Services? Contribute to the Community!