Sitel

Sitel Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana

Bert Quintana

Pros
  • It's work from home which can make it worthwhile initially (in 17 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This call center is the absolute definition of micro-management (in 14 reviews)

• 9/hr for a customer service position; the same job with another company could earn you (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I would have to say Sitel is a friendly, fun place where you are a customer service representative who helps customers.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Painted Post, NY (US)

ProsThe best things about working at sitel is the ability to grow in the company. You are able to have contests between teams and make the day fun.

ConsSome of the cons for working at sitel are the fact that you can become overwhelmed with all the customers, you can have a co-work come in and put you in a bad mood.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo advance to management you would have to show you are able to do your job on a daily basis and apply for the position. Then you go through the training.

My experience was just ok!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Ocala, FL (US)

ProsCoaches care about thier team and give incentives to show they care!

ConsThis company shows favortism and they do not promote their employees for different positions based on their job well done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees equally and fairly!

Starter Call Center

Call Center Agent (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsStable job, flexible hours, easy promotions

Consterrible pay, poor management structure, and less than adequate equipment

Advice to Senior Managementraise pay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Place to Work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsWork Environment, Co-Workers, Supervisors, Training

Conslow pay, benefits, upper management, no advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and take the recommendations into consideration

Great so far!

ProsYour an actual employee that works from home, and not an Independent contractor.

ConsPay is a little low

Advice to Senior ManagementUp the pay for WAH Agents

Not bad for a single person who is willing to work hours

Call Center Representative International Care (Former Employee) Ocala, FL (US)

ProsFair company, diverse, fast paced, and plenty of OT sometimes forced. Its a great company for single people who dont mind phone work and are willing to work a lot of hours. Decent training. Will hire ANYONE im pretty sure if you dress up a Chimpanzee they will give it a job.

ConsLots of hours to the point if grueling. Even training is 3 weeks long 10.5 hours a day with 40 strangers sharing computers to train in a cramped room fights actually break out. You dont get to pick your schedule they assign you what days and times you work. To be honest i have seen better CSRs at McDonald's because with diversity comes people who have to project what ever image they have from outside of work to the work environment. They cram 40 people into a small training room for 10.5 hours a day and make people share computers impossible to learn...They hire anyone and everyone to the point of desperation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better quality people and you will have less turnover. My interview was literally two questions.

My First Full Time Job

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsI like the overtime. I really need it and it is there for me much of the time. Sometimes there are incentives to earn time off if you work overtime. Not having to spend money on gas is really nice. It has helped hone my communication-skills and work under pressure. Customer service isn't really that hard when you actually know the material. I can live on my wages as a single person in an apartment, and there are periodic raises, so that's nice. I haven't made any attempts to move up, but they haven't been hiring for management for my campaign yet.

The managers listen to you, answer questions is as a timely manner as they can, and generally improve things that need to be improved, although a bit slowly. They are always bombarded with stuff and sometimes you have to remind/ask them twice, but as long as you really show you care you will earn favor with them. Being proactive in your learning, and creative with the tools you are given and seeing how far you can bend the rules for the customer with the manager's approval will show that you care, and earn you favor. With enough planning, you can travel to other states for stays and bring your equipment with you and do the job from there as long as you still work your shift.

Sometimes the steps and procedures don't make ANY sense. but generally the management is very receptive to changing procedures that don't make any sense, or providing solutions for them in other creative ways.

ConsThere is a TON of stuff that you have to learn and you are always updating and refreshing your knowledge. This can be a real challenge. The official information-sources aren't updated as much as they should be and you have to be a sleuth sometimes to really dig and find information from a multitude of sources, ask a lot of questions and synthesize them into a comprehensible package for the person on the other end. I feel like there is a lot of wasted energy just finding the answer to a simple, albeit obscure question. There is a lot of red tape to execute some functions that shouldn't need it, but are abused by those who don't know what they are doing.

They don't give much time off - I would rather start off with a certain amount of time off banked per quarter/year or something but I guess this is the trade off with the amount of overtime and the stability of the job.

The technology can be slow, which can cut in to handle time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart scheduling group-refresher sessions for agents outside of training, and/or perhaps a weekly meeting to clarify policies and procedures, and answer questions that might have come up during the week.

Educate agents as to the WHY behind policies and procedures so that the agents can answer the more piercing questions customers ask. I think that once people understand the why, they will be more apt to remember and execute the "how." Just my two cents.

Good People

ProsThe people are dedicated and hard working. They support each other to provide the best for the customers they service daily. Teamwork is strong and supportive.

ConsPay for Performance does not exist. Hard working people are not recognized or fairly rewarded for their contributions. As with any large company, communication needs to be improved

Not very motivational

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Managua (Nicaragua)

ProsCompensation on overtimes, depending on the campaign you work in.

ConsThere's a lot of favoritism within the company, so you basically need to be one of the favorites to advance within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent in your hiring process.

Dishonest Hiring Practices

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Corning, NY (US)

ProsIt was a paycheck, sort of.

ConsApplied for a full time position, was offerred and accepted full time. Halfway through training our entire class was informed we wuld only be part time. Had to put in a special request to go fulltime after putting in overtime for at least 2 months. Informed at time of hire that pay would increase to $10.00/hour after 90 days, in actuallity pay increase was only 25 cents to $8.75/hour. Guess lieing to job candidates is the only way this company can find people to abuse and treat like cattle.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some ethics classes, and have all managers and supervisors learn some ethics.

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!