Sitel

Updated 3 March 2015
2.4

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana
Bert Quintana

Pros
  • I've done the online for the work-at-home assessment - so far, so good (in 21 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Administration is very disorganized and actual call center work is more stressful than it needs to be (in 16 reviews)

• You cannot even defend your employees with upper management as they feel everyone is replaceable (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I loved working for this company!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hamilton, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hamilton, AL (US)

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Co workers, Great coaches

Cons

Management is lacking or acts like they are better than you

Good Start for a Fresher

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Sitel

Pros

Decent Package and the management is cool.....

Cons

Fun at work -forget it

I enjoyed the opportunity to learn and grow.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL (US)

I worked at Sitel

Pros

The hiring process was smooth. The trainer was very kind. I enjoyed the opportunity to help my customers with their problems. I found that part of the work to be a rewarding challenge. I also was happy to be able to work from home, because I live in a small town and employment opportunities are few and far between unless you are working in fast food, even with a degree.

Cons

Where do I start with the cons? I have very strong views about work-ethics as well as how an effective leader should act. That being said, I believe it is ridiculous to not allow an employee to make a reasonable request for a specific day off (in this case for a doctors appointment that has been set months in advance), or to punish an individual for calling off work when legitimately sick (had doctors statements and was never asked for them or told how to send them in). Additionally, I also feel very strongly that it is unacceptable for agents to not be logged in when scheduled for a shift unless there is a reason which they have made known to a supervisor. Finally, food-delivery is not an incentive. Pizza parties are for grown-ups not children.

The particular campaign for which I worked was for a major retail establishment yet we were provided with both hardware and software that was not reliable for the type of work we were doing. It is not acceptable to have to reboot one's system while trying to make small-talk with a customer to pass the time. The most grievous complaint that I have towards this particular employer is the misguided focus on pushing surveys off on customers. If you focus, instead on insuring that agents are properly trained and able to provide the services to the customers that are necessary and pertinent to the particular situation then not only would you get plenty of positive feedback from the customers, the client would see it as well. Stressing something like offering the VOC survey, especially when the customer has already said NO once is bordering on harassment. One last bit of advice, leaders inspire those whom they lead to put their all into it because they are engaged. This is not accomplished by micromanagement. This is accomplished by knowing and understanding that a leader is their to be not just a leader but a servant to those whom they serve. Consistent, effective communication, in both positive and negative matters, ensuring that hard work is recognized, and ensuring that there is a clearly defined chain of command for call escalation make things much more efficient. Last but not least, integrity is a two-way street. When an agent is hired for a particular shift, for instance opening shift and then switched to nights without warning, explanation, or at least an apology, the agent is probably going to be upset and feel that they are not valued by their employer. We are not chattel. We are people who have lives outside of work. We have children, families, obligations to community service organizations, etc. Without us, you don't have a company.

Good starter job

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Managua (Nicaragua)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Managua (Nicaragua)

I worked at Sitel

Pros

good training, you get to meet a lot of people, you are presented with different career paths

Cons

favoritism, monotonous, when given feedback about changes: either not taken or slow to accomplish

Great place to begin a career

I have been working at Sitel

Pros

I was able to work through the ranks from representative, to team manager, to operations manager. Wonderful people to work with.

Cons

Depending on the client may have to work overnight and on holidays so not much opportunity to be with family. Need more communication

I was new in town and needed a job asap.I appreciated that they hired me on so quickly.

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work is very repetitive and thus easy to catch on

Cons

The work is very repetitive and thus you me become easily bored

Good for entry level work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, ME (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, ME (US)

I have been working at Sitel

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Disorganized. Compensation should be more.

Better bonus and recognition

A wonderful opportunity

Former Employee - Call Agent
    Former Employee - Call Agent

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I loved working for this company. They were always positive and very family oriented. Room for growth was available after just 6 months! Unfortunately I had to move out of state and the closest one is over an hour away, but I would recommend the company to anyone.

Cons

I didn't have a bad experience and left with a great reference behind me.

You guys were wonderful!!!

Fun campaigns, pay is fair however noticeably lower than other call centers

I worked at Sitel

Pros

Opportunities to advance are ever present.

Cons

LVII (annex building) is not run anywhere as near as professionally as LVI

Enforce all rules across the board

Sitel Photos