Sitel

Sitel Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana

Bert Quintana

Pros
  • It's work from home which can make it worthwhile initially(in 17 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This call center is the absolute definition of micro-management(in 14 reviews)

• 9/hr for a customer service position; the same job with another company could earn you(in 7 reviews)

My First Full Time Job

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsI like the overtime. I really need it and it is there for me much of the time. Sometimes there are incentives to earn time off if you work overtime. Not having to spend money on gas is really nice. It has helped hone my communication-skills and work under pressure. Customer service isn't really that hard when you actually know the material. I can live on my wages as a single person in an apartment, and there are periodic raises, so that's nice. I haven't made any attempts to move up, but they haven't been hiring for management for my campaign yet.

The managers listen to you, answer questions is as a timely manner as they can, and generally improve things that need to be improved, although a bit slowly. They are always bombarded with stuff and sometimes you have to remind/ask them twice, but as long as you really show you care you will earn favor with them. Being proactive in your learning, and creative with the tools you are given and seeing how far you can bend the rules for the customer with the manager's approval will show that you care, and earn you favor. With enough planning, you can travel to other states for stays and bring your equipment with you and do the job from there as long as you still work your shift.

Sometimes the steps and procedures don't make ANY sense. but generally the management is very receptive to changing procedures that don't make any sense, or providing solutions for them in other creative ways.

ConsThere is a TON of stuff that you have to learn and you are always updating and refreshing your knowledge. This can be a real challenge. The official information-sources aren't updated as much as they should be and you have to be a sleuth sometimes to really dig and find information from a multitude of sources, ask a lot of questions and synthesize them into a comprehensible package for the person on the other end. I feel like there is a lot of wasted energy just finding the answer to a simple, albeit obscure question. There is a lot of red tape to execute some functions that shouldn't need it, but are abused by those who don't know what they are doing.

They don't give much time off - I would rather start off with a certain amount of time off banked per quarter/year or something but I guess this is the trade off with the amount of overtime and the stability of the job.

The technology can be slow, which can cut in to handle time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart scheduling group-refresher sessions for agents outside of training, and/or perhaps a weekly meeting to clarify policies and procedures, and answer questions that might have come up during the week.

Educate agents as to the WHY behind policies and procedures so that the agents can answer the more piercing questions customers ask. I think that once people understand the why, they will be more apt to remember and execute the "how." Just my two cents.

Good People

ProsThe people are dedicated and hard working. They support each other to provide the best for the customers they service daily. Teamwork is strong and supportive.

ConsPay for Performance does not exist. Hard working people are not recognized or fairly rewarded for their contributions. As with any large company, communication needs to be improved

it was a awesome company, hate they closed

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsAwesome overtime and standard health benefits. .,,

ConsHoliday and early morning high call volumes

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep a positive attitude with your team members

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK

ProsLaid Back thats pretty much it

ConsBosses think to much of them selves

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up

I just started training last week. They are very thorough. Everyone is very personable and professional.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Bethlehem, GA (US)

ProsBest thing is it is a WAH position. The pay is very competitive and good benefits.

ConsI have not experienced a con as of now. I have only been in training for 2 weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy trainer is awesome.

good place to work with nice people

Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgood place to learn, nice working atmosphere

Conscompensation is less considering the amount of time spent

Okay place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM (US)

ProsIndoor job, no heavy lifting, paid above minimum wage

ConsPoor training, poor management communication

Advice to Senior ManagementThis place could be a wonderful place to work with better training and feed back. Jobs in call centers can be harsh, and sitel could be a great launching pad into many skills. Communication between phone monkeys and superiors allowing better feed back and training to help improvement would be a great help in employee retention and in the culture of the work space.

Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed atmosphere, good people to work with.

ConsSalary needs to improve to attract better workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

It was a very educating and different experience

Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsThe best part would be meeting new people and getting to know the different cultures in a Outsourcing company. The depth of technical knowledge that we get from troubleshooting issues is really good and valuable.

ConsPromotions are difficult to come by if you are in the lower rungs of the hierarchy.
    And there is the issues with timings, if you are not comfortable with changing shift times each week, this is not for you.

The company has changed over the years

Call Receiver - CR (Current Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

ProsO.K. pay for what you do

ConsTrying to get time off after it has been submitted for a period of time and they finally say that those are black out dates after you have been waiting over two weeks for a response.Mandatory overtime before you have a chance to sign up for over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they are the ones doing the grunt work.

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!