Softworld Reviews

15 reviews filtered by
3.6
Dave Teitelman

Great experience - Good company

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Arnold, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Arnold, MO (US)

I have been working at Softworld (More than a year)

Pros

- open lines of communication
    - pay is good and on time unless timesheets are approved late
    - Expectations and processes are clearly defined
    - Company responds quickly to requests and concerns
    - Problems are addressed in a timely manner

Cons

- Benefits are a tad expensive, especially for a family

Advice to Management

Please try to find me something once my current project is complete. Seems to be a challenge for most companies.

A challenging work environment with support from the entire company ranging from CEO to peers

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Manager in Waltham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Manager in Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have grown from a small start up environment where we had to figure things out to now a fully established corporation with solid policies and procedures which ensures competitive advantage in a super competitive industry. Our ability to service our client's IT needs starts with our internal SLA's with our team of 30+ technical recruiters. Our sales team is seasoned with strong client relationships. Softworld's working environment is truly a team atmosphere where everyone is happy to help one another. With over 300 employees companywide, Softworld successfully competes with the top firms on a national basis, yet is still small and nimble in being able to get things done without red tape or obstacles. Softworld has been a great place to grow and be challenged for the past 16 years. I truly enjoy the job and the great people I get to work with.

Cons

I really can't think of any. Management is engaging and supportive with strong core values. Compensation and benefits are also very good.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The short and long term vision and strategies are solid and sharing them with the team keeps the team motivated and working towards tangible goals.

Great Company

Current Contractor - Lead Consultant in Providence, RI (US)
    Current Contractor - Lead Consultant in Providence, RI (US)

I have been working at Softworld as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been contracting through Softworld for over 10 years. With recruiters and management that encourage personal growth, Softworld is a company that is as honest and professional as you can get. Their industry knowledge is top notch and their staff is a pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone looking to augment their staff with the skilled resources that get the job done!

Cons

No cons to speak of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!

5. Do not try to work for Softworld

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Softworld

Pros

None. They recruit for jobs that don't exist. They lie and lie and lie. They are totally unethical.

Cons

They recruit for jobs that don't exist. They are totally unethical and screw with people's lives to meet their own twisted agendas. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SOFTWORLD.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes! YOU ARE UNETHICAL TO THE NTH DEGREE! HOW LONG DO YOU THINK YOUR company can continue to exist with the way you recruit for jobs that do not exist

Softworld Response

Jan 05, 2015CEO

I know I can't change your mind about Softworld, but that is not going to stop me from trying. I am aware of the position you were recruited for and I want you to know that the position absolutely ... More

Smoke and Mirrors

Former Employee - Employee in Waltham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at Softworld full-time

Pros

The line workers are very friendly.
    The regular recruiters and sales people are very professional. They try really hard to do a good job.
    Softworld does have a good core senior sales people and recruiters.

Cons

Management is out of touch. They have a cookie cutter staffing model and they are afraid to think outside the box.

Right now they are doing ok because the market has picked up and almost all IT Staffing Agencies are making money. When the market goes down or stays flat, Softworld has a strong history of decreasing in value more than their competitors. They also have a reputation in the industry of letting employees go at the very first sign of economic trouble. They would rather let go of employees and not lose their bonuses.

Managers want the staff to know that they are the Alpha dogs and that always has been their biggest focus point, not growing the business. If a recruiter or sales person voices an opinion that contradicts a manager, they usually get let go within 1 month.

They have no women is senior management and have joked how women will never be Directors/VP.

They micromanage EVERYTHING. They don't just use a basic recruiting/sales matrix (submittals, interviews, etc) like most Staffing agencies. They actually keep track of how 'clicks' you have in the database and how long you go in-between phone calls. By 'clicks', I mean, they actually keep track of how many different pages you click in their internal database.
    So, let's say you have a week with several interviews and a couple meetings, you might be pulled into a meeting and get spoken to if the rest of the team averaged 700 clicks in the database and you only had 400...if you try to state your reasons, they think you are being too negative and not a team player.

Finally, there are a lot more former Softworld employees than current Softworld employees out there...There a lot of people that have left Softworld and have been successful. Softworld has become a 'usual suspect' agency. Everybody knows they are hiring, people go there to get some basic training or to collect a pay check until something better comes in.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees and be open to the opinions of others. Put your egos to the side.

Softworld Response

Dec 15, 2014Vice President, Operations

We respect that everyone has the ability to share their views and opinions. With that said, we feel the need to respond to a review like this because it is so far from anything we condone. The notes ... More

Expectations were properly set.

Current Employee - UCS Level I in Dover, NH (US)
    Current Employee - UCS Level I in Dover, NH (US)

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a diverse client base with great relationships

Cons

Better benefits apply after 1 year.

Good company

Former Contractor - IT Support in Winchester, VA (US)
    Former Contractor - IT Support in Winchester, VA (US)

I worked at Softworld as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They are afraid to phrase folks for job well done or go out of there way to help individuals.

Cons

No comment at this time.

Advice to Management

To contracting individuals who has shown great performance...they should be rewarded with a bonus...even pay them their holiday paid when their client does not cover it. Cause in the long run SoftWorld is making their investment for every month the individual works.
    An if the individual supports a contract for a year they should get a decent rewarded for faithful service; even a two week vacation from a grateful employer.

Great

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Softworld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the concept of work because of Softworld

Cons

I hope to continue enjoying my work because of Softworld

Softworld was there when they needed me.

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Suburbia, Anne Arundel, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Suburbia, Anne Arundel, MD (US)

I worked at Softworld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Softworld was very aggressive in finding me a job. They gave me good support in advance of my interview. Once I got the job, they kept in touch to make sure I was all right for the first few months.

Cons

When the Government came out with the Sequestration, I made it through the first round of cuts. I lasted another 3 months before I was let go. I told my contact at Softworld with a month's notice, but did not receive any help or feedback.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the people who got you where you are today. Keep in touch and help them out.

Great people, growing business

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The people by far are the best reason to work at Softworld. Everyone is nice, smart, and always willing to help.
    -Competitive base and commission plan that exceeds industry standards.
    -Diverse set of clients from SMB to government contractors.
    -Laptop, wireless headset, great software and infrastructure support with cutting-edge web-based ATS

Cons

-The hours. Employees are strongly encouraged to work nights and weekends regularly, which is typical of the IT staffing industry in general though. Just know what you're getting into if you want to earn $$$
    -The sales people could work better with recruiters to "fight" for their candidates and push back against clients to better qualify requirements rather than just "taking an order."
    -Too many meetings and time spent on administrative work (e.g., formatting resumes to perfection).
    -Lots of micromanagement, too much metrics tracking and unrealistic individual goals pushed by upper management.

Advice to Management

Trust your senior recruiters to get the job done and don't look over their shoulders every second.

Softworld Photos