Sogeti

Updated 26 January 2015
Updated 26 January 2015

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Employee over 3 years in Tampa

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working in Tampa. I would not like to work anywhere else. Management is very approachable. Work-life balance is great. They are very flexible regarding when work is done. The benefits are the best I have seen.

Cons

There has not been enough autonomy for unit management to control all aspects of their business. Senior management in the company has to approve too many decisions that should be made locally.

College graduate salaries should be higher. Allow the unit management to run their unit as they see fit and measure them on their effectiveness.

A good company to work with

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good work life balance, Units are cooperative in work

Cons

downward communication from senior management

Need more investments in practices

Great team mates & good for technical knowledge

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No Travel, work/life balance, MSDN developer license, Self training materials & courses available, Great for Junior consultants just starting out. 401(k) & profit sharing great. Able to self-manage career.

Cons

Corporate (CapGemini) changing PTO & bonus policies. Favoritism is a problem; great gig placement is the luck of the draw which can be frustrating. Must self-manage career;

After One Year...

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

> Decent entry level compensation... after you consider the certificate and continued education reimbursements.
    > Very nice and fun coworkers.
    > Laid back and fun environment.
    > Higher ups treat you with respect and as an equal.
    > Encourage self-betterment. Want you to do things to improve your skill set (and to increase your bill rate).
    > Hardly compensated for working in excess of 40hr/week.

Cons

> Healthcare deductible is absolutely terrible for a single employee ($4450, then company covers 90%).
    > More interested in filling positions at clients than finding the right fit; another reviewer uses the analogy "square peg in a round hole." I joined Sogeti hoping to do primarily OOP (Java or C# primarily - as advertised). I've done almost everything besides that at my first and only client. VB.NET, SSIS, MAINFRAME (COBOL, JCL, DB2), and way too much system testing. I'm not talking about the kind of testing that is expected from developers. I'm talking QA, almost UAT, type testing.
    > Extremely subjective bonus system.

The world of consulting...

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

In consulting, you can experience working in various industries....if you are lucky to get assignments.

Cons

In consulting, you have to move every 6 - 9 months.

None really.

Good company if you want to grow

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you are the type that places emphasis on learning and growing and being patient with your salary increases, sogeti is a good company to work for. The benefits are good - 401k match of 100% up to 6% of sal + 5 weeks vacation once u hit 7 years of experience. No insurance premiums to pay, but high deductible. HSA can help cover but deductible exceeds max allowed HSA contribution.

Cons

There will be times when you get paid less than your client peers or even direct reports at client. That can be frustrating! You will have to work with management to roadmap your salary adjustments over time. Wont happen in one shot.

Have to prove yourself by being actively involved in unit activities , proposals and certifications. 9-5 folks will find this extra work annoying and will not grow or get rewarded as much.

No bonus program is perfect, but there are instances where for the same person doing the same job with progressively greater responsibilities gets paid less bonus each year because upper management is fiddling around with the job title...this happened 4 years in a row. Similarly the main bonus program doesn't directly tie to things the consultant can control - bill rates(affects profit contribution), otace that make up big parts of the program.

Great if you want to be a consultant

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good bonus structure - there seem to be many opportunities here if you want to be in a consultant role and work in multiple places.

Cons

You are expected to sell yourself to current and potential clients, which can be tough for an IT person

Good Company To work Mixed with Politics

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Salary/401k/Bonus, Leave structure is good.

Cons

Politics/Lack of transparency, Units do not interface with each other.

Delivery Executive

Former Employee - Delivery Solutions for MS and MC In ITIL, AD and AS in Des Moines, IA (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good collaborative environment, with openess to learn through my experience

Cons

Very rigid timeline and had to work daily 16 hours for commitments without sizing efforts.