Sogeti

www.sogeti.com

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

The support needed to grow my career

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Blue Ash, OH (US)

ProsSpeaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

ConsI wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

Great Experiences and Growth

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

Pros--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
    --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
    --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
    --Overall work/personal life balance
    --Project opportunities
    --Client Base
    --Counselor Program
    --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

ConsThe only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

No specific tech background, but they still brought me on board.

Software Developer/Consultant (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsIf you are interested in developing your skills in IT, Sogeti has everything you need to advance. They provide the tools and the connections, but it is 100% up to you to take advantage of it.

ConsYou are not being paid close to what they bill you for.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore happy hours

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company but "good old boy" connections needed to move up.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsNice salary and fairly good benefits. 401K is great if you can stick around for 3 years. Management mostly leaves you alone to go about your business. There is a hands off mentality to their management style which is nice while you are busy working away at the clients office.

ConsThe bonus structure is a joke and you have to be "in" with the graders to really make a bonus that is worth anything. Don't let the recruiter talk you into the fact that it is easy to hit the $10 or $20K bonuses. Literally only the golden employees hit those. If you land $2.5K bonus you did really well. The reimbursement program is a hassle and the company credit card does not create any efficiencies. You might as well use your personal card to get the benefits from it (miles or points).

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you invest in the right managers that are committed to the area they are located in. A division manager in Seattle cannot perform his job very well if they live on the other side of the country.

Good experiences when billing at a client

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood partnership with Microsoft and IBM, generally no travel and local projects and ability to grow if you don't mind working above and beyond.
    You get promoted quickly and sometimes even if you are not qualified with the assumption that you can perform (can be a pro or a con).

ConsDuring interviews, company will showcase their training and mentor-ship (counselor) programs which look great until you join the company. There is absolutely no investment in employees for training etc. (There are trainings delivered by other consultants but they are usually sub-optimal). You will most likely never attend a training session/course that's not free (or involves travel).
    As long as you are billing, life looks great and the culture feels good. But when you are not, you need to look for other options.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees. Don't refer to the college tuition payment program as your great offering - very few can take advantage of a $10,000 college tuition reimbursement (with several terms and conditions) especially if you are an experienced consultant looking to grow mid-level or senior level management.
    Bonus system is a point based system which ain sounds great during interview but comes off as being very unfair and appears to be based on a very cryptic model that no one can explain or understand under the hood.

Great growing company

Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits, encourage career growth. If you want to do something they will tell you to go for it. Working with fortune 100 clients. Growing aggressively in Atlanta. Great team of talent.

ConsNot the place for those who just want to put their heads down and work. Not the place for those who want things handed to them

Consulting without traveling

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsTravel is minimal due to local office concept. Great benefits.

ConsExpect to do a lot of work, meetings, training after hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake life easier for front line workers. For example, easier to submit time and expenses.

So good so far

ProsGood company culture, training opportunities, benefits

ConsI've been with the company almost a month now and haven't seen anything yet

In control of my career

Prosstill paid when between project assignments; great training opportunities. Sogeti is a company that allows you to succeed and grow at your own pace.

Conscorporate management communication is not very good

Exciting, Fast Pace and able to make a real contribution

Recruiter (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsMedium and fast growing
    Lots of need for recruitment across a variety of different tech roles
    Ownership of recruitment decisions from employment branding, job board selection, ATS optimization etc
    Organisation that values the recruitment process. Recruiters are seen as advisors and experts within the business
    Flexible in terms of working from home and taking time off when needed
    Allowed to work autonomously, no micro managing

ConsBig Focus on Tech Hiring - can be a negative if your not a Tech recruiter.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!