Sogeti

Updated 21 November 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 28 reviews)

• Great 401(k), Good Benefits-no premiums on med/dental co (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Get out what you put in

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits & 401k, fair pay, quick promotion track for over achievers, lots of opportunities to take leadership roles, aggressive bonus structure if you contribute back to the company above and beyond your client role.

Cons

Market planning and strategy lacks definition.

A person who is not a self starter may have difficulty succeeding.

More recognition for consultants who contribute to Sogeti above and beyond their client responsibilities.

More solution sell/build/support from regional and national teams.

not a good experience overall

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

good resources like msdn account, pluralsight

Cons

no good projects, bad management

Poor treatment of consultants. No long term growth

Former Employee - IT Consultant
    Former Employee - IT Consultant

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* Great 401k plan and health benefits
    * Entry levels receive 3 weeks paid vacation

Cons

* Will not advance in the company without helping with sales
    * Poor management
    * Very long hours

Horrible policies and short-sighted managers

Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Free soda and coffee
    - Great benefits (401k, profit share)

Cons

- Managers are extremely incompetent. When I was hired, I was told that clients were lining up outside the door and projects would be flooding in, so they needed me. After 4 months sitting in a cold, windowless office, I left after getting 0 projects while I was there. The execs don't even try to get digital projects, they are too concerned about P&G and GE contracts.

- My managers had the poorest communication skills I've ever seen in a professional environment. My direct supervisor had a STRONG Indian accent, I could barely understand what he was saying and his e-mails and texts were even worse. He blamed me for the communication problems, even though several co-workers had told me that they were experiencing the same thing.

- They hire you after seeing what skills you have, then when you get there ask you to do jobs involving skills you have 0 experience with. You have to learn the skill while doing the job, which makes it very stressful and inefficient.

- Spread their resources too thin. I was skipped over for some contracts in favor of other, equally-skilled consultants even though they were swamped with work as it is, merely because the manager or exec knew them personally. There's a lot of personal bias.

- Depressing work environment. The suits in the corner offices don't even acknowledge that you exist, and since everyone is in and out of ATO, you never see anyone.

Hire managers that can actually communicate effectively in English. Change your ATO policies. Use your resources effectively. Don't make false promises to new hires, or you will never change your absurdly high turnover. Get a better work environment for those on ATO, it just sucks. Everyone in that office looked like they wanted to shoot themselves.

Very bad work experience

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They first treat your very nicely.
    Spend time and money on multiple lunch interviews with several people.

Cons

Once you are hired the life becomes miserable.
    No over time is paid neither in dollars nor in time off.
    Attitude of account managers become 180 degree different.
    They find you useless in 3-6 months as soon as the contract finish up with the client.
    Poor bench policy.
    Focus on quantity of contractors not quality.
    This is one of the biggest reason of lack of client trust.

Please hire reasonable staff to recruit and keep good people thru better incentives.
    Know how to differentiate between good and bad workforce.

despite the propaganda, just another margin-focused outsourcer

Former Employee - Managing Consultant
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason is the 401k. Health benefits are great if you're single and healthy. Get a good project and it's okay as long as you stay away from the back office politics.

Cons

Very few quality people in management. CEO is a joke. Stay away from the sales cycle. Just another volume outsourcer that claims expertise (that's really just the guy who came to the sales call) and then asks the client to pay for the developer tools.

Own up to your identity-- you're a low-cost outsourcer stuck in the gap between the real volume players and the niche rock stars. You can't be high value and low cost and still squeeze your people for 35% margin.

Decent company, but not true consulting work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the truly self-motivating, a great company as initiative is very much encouraged, but no hand-holding. Good pay and decent benefits. Opportunities outside of regular assignments to learn.

Cons

Almost exclusively enterprise-level staff augmentation work (i.e. long-term assignments), not for those looking for frequent changes. If you do want out of an assignment, you have to raise a big stink. No sense of camaraderie with coworkers as you almost never see them.

Stop cheaping out on perks, a little goes a long way with keeping employee satisfaction high.

Manager Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Good benefits, MSDN license, little travel, paid bench time.

Cons

Poor senior leadership, bonuses are heavily dependent on billing time.

Entry level developer

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While at Sogeti I felt like I was my own boss. I would work downtown, in the office, or from home whenever and however I needed. The people I worked with were usually friendly and professional. I obtained invaluable business experience but had to speak up to get real development work.

Cons

I was underpaid and felt management only saw me as a number. Most of my projects were either too easy or not a good fit.

There is not any transparency for how the process works. Nearly all new developers I spoke with were very bored with their work. You need to understand the needs of your employees if you want to keep them.

My experience at Sogeti has been filled with challenges and I have gained a lot of experiences.

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus Program, Amount of PTO, Challenging/Not Boring, Opportunity to Travel, Networking Opportunities are Great

Cons

A lot of uncertainty when you are on the bench between projects, you have little control or influence on a lot of the factors that go into the bonus program, compensation is lower than average, may have to travel far from your home to clients

My advice would be for management to think about decisions they make and how they can affect the consultant directly. If Sogeti's local touch local reach model is going to work, Sogeti needs to be able to retain good consultants. No one wants to drive hours to their client, they want to be home and have a work life balance, so make sure and gear the projects not just towards Sogeti's revenue goals, but also towards how the consultant is affected. If the good consultants leave Sogeti, that means a lot less revenue for Sogeti because revenue will be lost on those consultants that leave and future consultants those good consultants could have trained.