Sogeti

Updated 15 August 2014

3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Consulting without traveling

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

Pros

Travel is minimal due to local office concept. Great benefits.

Cons

Expect to do a lot of work, meetings, training after hours.

Make life easier for front line workers. For example, easier to submit time and expenses.

So good so far

Pros

Good company culture, training opportunities, benefits

Cons

I've been with the company almost a month now and haven't seen anything yet

Belgian CEO flaunts the group's core values

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Brussels (Belgium)

Pros

There are lots of bright senior consultants and expert leads who are extremely motivated to bring thought leadership to the market place
    The company offers good work life balance but is rather old fashioned when it comes down to teleworking and flexible working hours.
    Despite the long lasting lack of vision, entrepreneurship and implementation of the group's fixed Price Project strategy by the local CEO, the local Belgian consultants still seem to display tremendous tenacity in the believe that one day the Group will empower the local middle management to take ownership of their destiny.

Cons

The complete lack of vision and implementation of the groups strategy in Belgium and Luxemburg.
    The external communications of the local top manager is that Sogeti needs to develop their fixed price project business, however internally the message of the local management is clear: T&M, T&M, T&M... All decisions seem to be made to avoid having to push forward with developing the project side of the organisation.
    In the few years I have been with the organisation, the sales team structure has changed every few months and there's a general lack of drive, support and incentive for sales people to achieve results. Sales leadership is non existent and the sales strategy lacks consistency. The management seems unable to leverage employees relevant past sales experience. Experienced sales people are being driven directly by top management to sell T&M only as if they are junior telesales people
    Consultants have lost faith in the sales team's capabilities while sales lost faith in the delivery capacity of the operations, a vicious circle the top management has not been able to break.
    For the last 4 years a general distrust of top management has crept into the entire organisation.

Take ownership and fix the lack of leadership, vision and implementation of the group's strategy. Create the seismic shift within the organisation that is required to induce change. Promote colleagues with relevant leadership experience throughout the organisation and cut out the dead weight that has been poisoning the organisation since Gitek/Arianne... Became Sogeti.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Things have definitely gotten worse.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Pros

If you work here, you're a consultant. The money was good. I liked a lot of the people.

Cons

The benefits have gone downhill. The bonus structure is complicated and difficult to understand. This won't be a good experience for you unless you are a consultant who likes to sell. Sales is what they reward. Also, it's a true consulting company, so you get what comes along with being a consultant. There is not really a bench policy anymore. I was let go after 3 days on the bench. My boss was replaced by someone who just wanted to cut costs (that's what his bonus is based on). The new guy let people go so that he could get a better bonus. At Sogeti you are seen as $$$, not as a person.

Stop worrying so much about the bottom line and invest more in the people. No one is going to work there if they know you're going to let them go as soon as they're on the bench. Also, replace the Cincinnati management.

Worst company in NY

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)

Pros

They lure you with false promises

Cons

I was hired for a position that never existed. I ended up waiting for a project for 2 months , kept getting a response from management that they would place me at the earliest. Nothing materialized and they showed me the door saying I was not a good fit. I realized in 2 months that they just a staffing company and not a solution provider as they claim. Management is pathetic and HR is even worse. They have such a weak relationship with their clients.

Shut down this unit.

Sogeti is a Joke

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Tallahassee, FL (US)

Pros

The benefits are good, if you last long enough to use them. Many low level employees are skilled and have a good work ethic.

Cons

Hard work is not appreciated, let alone rewarded. Managers and Account Executives only work towards their own interests, often at the expense of others. Lots of deceit and back stabbing employed at all levels. Company seems to only care about staffing developers. They are willing to hire other positions when needed and then quickly release them. Will release good employees from positions in order to fill these position with lower salaried individuals just to raise margins and maximize their profits. Overall, Sogeti has been the most blatantly dishonest and underhanded company I have ever worked for.

I spent over a year traveling for the company. In fact, the most recent position I had I actually interviewed for and won that position at the client site for Sogeti. I spent so much time on the road that the post office stopped delivering by mail. Also, because my travel was paid for out of my profits I had lower margins than most (but was still making the company profit). As a result, I didn't accumulate enough points for an end of year bonus, despite working harder and giving more to the company than most. Also, despite the fact that I had perfect client review scored and numerous client praises and references, I was denied promotion to a level I was already performing at. The reason I was given was that I didn't have adequate tenure in a single office (which was because I was traveling for the company).

These were all sacrifices I was willing to make for the company. However, because of an account executive and client partner in the city I was working that only cared about maximizing margins for their own personal bonuses, I was basically strong armed into relocating to that city to keep the position or I would be released. During this time I was actually told by the Geographic Vice President that Sogeti "views travel as a privilege, not a sacrifice."

Then not even two months after relocating to that city this same client partner had me removed from the client site and released from the company so that he could try to put someone freshly interviewed by the company into my position (which I had won for them in the first place) at a lower salary and higher profit margin. They used "lack of performance" was a reason to try and justify my release despite the fact that ALL of my work had been vetted and approved by high level client sponsors and stakeholders, the perfect performance scores I had from the client and the numerous written praises I had from the client and supervisors.

No amount of advice can help management when they themselves lacks scruples and the slightest sense of decency.

Good Company but "good old boy" connections needed to move up.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA (US)

Pros

Nice salary and fairly good benefits. 401K is great if you can stick around for 3 years. Management mostly leaves you alone to go about your business. There is a hands off mentality to their management style which is nice while you are busy working away at the clients office.

Cons

The bonus structure is a joke and you have to be "in" with the graders to really make a bonus that is worth anything. Don't let the recruiter talk you into the fact that it is easy to hit the $10 or $20K bonuses. Literally only the golden employees hit those. If you land $2.5K bonus you did really well. The reimbursement program is a hassle and the company credit card does not create any efficiencies. You might as well use your personal card to get the benefits from it (miles or points).

Make sure you invest in the right managers that are committed to the area they are located in. A division manager in Seattle cannot perform his job very well if they live on the other side of the country.

Good experiences when billing at a client

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Good partnership with Microsoft and IBM, generally no travel and local projects and ability to grow if you don't mind working above and beyond.
    You get promoted quickly and sometimes even if you are not qualified with the assumption that you can perform (can be a pro or a con).

Cons

During interviews, company will showcase their training and mentor-ship (counselor) programs which look great until you join the company. There is absolutely no investment in employees for training etc. (There are trainings delivered by other consultants but they are usually sub-optimal). You will most likely never attend a training session/course that's not free (or involves travel).
    As long as you are billing, life looks great and the culture feels good. But when you are not, you need to look for other options.

Invest in employees. Don't refer to the college tuition payment program as your great offering - very few can take advantage of a $10,000 college tuition reimbursement (with several terms and conditions) especially if you are an experienced consultant looking to grow mid-level or senior level management.
    Bonus system is a point based system which ain sounds great during interview but comes off as being very unfair and appears to be based on a very cryptic model that no one can explain or understand under the hood.

In control of my career

Pros

still paid when between project assignments; great training opportunities. Sogeti is a company that allows you to succeed and grow at your own pace.

Cons

corporate management communication is not very good

good

Pros

salary training growth bonus support

Cons

bench time senior management lack of understanding

bench activity please help us

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!