Sogeti Reviews

Updated 29 August 2014

3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

good

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

salary training growth bonus support

Cons

bench time senior management lack of understanding

bench activity please help us

Exciting, Fast Pace and able to make a real contribution

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

Pros

Medium and fast growing
    Lots of need for recruitment across a variety of different tech roles
    Ownership of recruitment decisions from employment branding, job board selection, ATS optimization etc
    Organisation that values the recruitment process. Recruiters are seen as advisors and experts within the business
    Flexible in terms of working from home and taking time off when needed
    Allowed to work autonomously, no micro managing

Cons

Big Focus on Tech Hiring - can be a negative if your not a Tech recruiter.

Worst company in NY

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

Pros

They lure you with false promises

Cons

I was hired for a position that never existed. I ended up waiting for a project for 2 months , kept getting a response from management that they would place me at the earliest. Nothing materialized and they showed me the door saying I was not a good fit. I realized in 2 months that they just a staffing company and not a solution provider as they claim. Management is pathetic and HR is even worse. They have such a weak relationship with their clients.

Shut down this unit.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sogeti is a Joke

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are good, if you last long enough to use them. Many low level employees are skilled and have a good work ethic.

Cons

Hard work is not appreciated, let alone rewarded. Managers and Account Executives only work towards their own interests, often at the expense of others. Lots of deceit and back stabbing employed at all levels. Company seems to only care about staffing developers. They are willing to hire other positions when needed and then quickly release them. Will release good employees from positions in order to fill these position with lower salaried individuals just to raise margins and maximize their profits. Overall, Sogeti has been the most blatantly dishonest and underhanded company I have ever worked for.

I spent over a year traveling for the company. In fact, the most recent position I had I actually interviewed for and won that position at the client site for Sogeti. I spent so much time on the road that the post office stopped delivering by mail. Also, because my travel was paid for out of my profits I had lower margins than most (but was still making the company profit). As a result, I didn't accumulate enough points for an end of year bonus, despite working harder and giving more to the company than most. Also, despite the fact that I had perfect client review scored and numerous client praises and references, I was denied promotion to a level I was already performing at. The reason I was given was that I didn't have adequate tenure in a single office (which was because I was traveling for the company).

These were all sacrifices I was willing to make for the company. However, because of an account executive and client partner in the city I was working that only cared about maximizing margins for their own personal bonuses, I was basically strong armed into relocating to that city to keep the position or I would be released. During this time I was actually told by the Geographic Vice President that Sogeti "views travel as a privilege, not a sacrifice."

Then not even two months after relocating to that city this same client partner had me removed from the client site and released from the company so that he could try to put someone freshly interviewed by the company into my position (which I had won for them in the first place) at a lower salary and higher profit margin. They used "lack of performance" was a reason to try and justify my release despite the fact that ALL of my work had been vetted and approved by high level client sponsors and stakeholders, the perfect performance scores I had from the client and the numerous written praises I had from the client and supervisors.

No amount of advice can help management when they themselves lacks scruples and the slightest sense of decency.

You are in charge of your career. You will get support, but your have to grab it for yourself.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits if you take advantage of them. Great opportunities for growth if you seek them. Great people to work with that are excellent at what they do. Lots of learning opportunities.

Cons

Communication from management is weak. If you want to know what is going on within your unit you must insert yourself in the 'conversation'.

Communicate with the hands in the field about business development opportunities.

Staff Augmentation

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of your working will be independent with the client, so you have control over your day. Get experience at different companies, while maintaining the same job.

Cons

Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation. As a consultant you will not get the experience and methodologies present at other consulting companies. Sogeti is a staff augmentation or resource company.

The structure of the company is based on selling resources (staff augmentation), the bonus structure and advancement is based on this. A technical resource will not have opportunities to advance, get training, and get the high bonuses at Sogeti. The only people who have been at Sogeti long term are the sales people who did not come up the consulting track, HR reps who have no technical or consulting background, the back office workers who came in as front desk secretaries, and senior managers who are selling resources. Technical people, project managers, and business analysts leave in 3 years after they are vested in the 401k plan and get very poor raises during those years, once you get to know people there it is well known that raises are not given out.

The projects you will work on are rarely cutting edge or large enterprise project, much of the work is maintenance and support. Clients are generally not impressed with Sogeti and are vocal about it. As a consultant you will not grow within Sogeti, or within the client, your growth will be limited to what you do outside of Sogeti.

Most of the non-consultants: low level HR reps, back office workers, and sales people have offices with window views and are vastly under qualified for their job. No one outside of billing consultants have consulting experience, which creates a difficult environment for conversations regarding clients and projects. The non-consultants are treated like gold, while the consultants are treated like a depreciating product. Also if you are a consultant and your client has a day off, you have to use PTO, unfortunately clients have significantly more days off than Sogeti does so go ahead and knock several days off your PTO as you will be forced to use them.

If you read the other favorable reviews they are written as though it is an advertisement and I believe they are fake as I just learned Sogeti monitors the reviews here. Be wary of those reviews as I have not met another person at Sogeti who is actually happy with their work or opportunities that is on the consulting side.

Create a track for advancement for technical people, project managers, and business analysts. Change the bonus structure to incorporate non-sales work. Remove the low level HR reps and back offices from the window offices and create more meeting rooms for consultants. Create training programs from outside companies for consultants. Give out raises based on performance at the client site as they are the customers.

Ok company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

Pros

Give you access to all kind of training materials. Access to a MSDN license to download any Microsoft software if you were in the app dev group. Get to meet many different people to network.

Cons

Healthcare could be better for families. Great if you were single or no kids. They were only concern with bill rate and and you being billable. You had to avoid the bench, but if you are on the bench management doesn't make you few like you have a secured job. But AE tend to focus on existing clients, just getting new projects with same client rather then finding new client. Also when interviewed I asked is they were project based or staff augmented. Was told they are focusing more on projects but in end because you have to play the bench game you have to take anything they offered. Otherwise you run risk of getting laid off.

Good opportunities in various industries

Former Employee - Senior Software QA  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software QA in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Sogeti as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Sogeti provides good opportunties in various industries. They try to best place you on your qualificaitons.

Cons

Sogeti offers much training, but once place for your 6 - 9 - 12 month contract, it is hard to find/make time to get the additonal training.

Great people to work with but Management is not at all cooperative

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, Good Work Environment

Cons

Bad Perks
    Management seems to be very mean dont try to understand the employess only bothered about rate.

Good Experience for adding new skills.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Descent benefits, lots of vacation time can accrue. No health care premiums. Pay on the bench. Plenty of training opportunities, but you have to drive the effort.

Cons

Small pay raises, but they are there. Bonus program is confusing, subjective. Must be very proactive on the bench to find new engagements.

Changes are being made to practices which is good, but too frequent changes to practices are not., AE communication with consultants is not always the best.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!