Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Southern California Edison President Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger

Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger

Pros
  • Company has great work-life balance, usually many opportunities to volunteer(in 33 reviews)

• Excellent pay, great benefits, professional development opportunities(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work is not rewarded but if you are buddies with Senior Management you are set maybe(in 14 reviews)

• GONE are the days of work life balance and transparencies / accountabilities(in 7 reviews)

It was a decent place to work but there were lots of layoffs.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice place to work. Opportunities to get promoted or move around. Great work life balance. Took a lot of care to promote a safe work place. I liked the discounts and promotions given to employees.

ConsConstant rumors of mass layoffs, a lot of redundancies, slow to update technology. A lot of reorganizations of groups. There were noticeable differences between contract workers and full time employees.

SCE Overview

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Pay if you have worked there for years.

ConsLeadership is good, but needs more improvement.

TOXIC BULLYING WORKPLACE NEW GRADS LOOK ELSEWHERE & FOR SURESTAY AWAY FROM POWER PROCUREMENT BUSINESS UNIT IN ROSEMEAD!

Scheduler (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA (US)

ProsSalary and benefits above the average

ConsI hate working here things have really changed since I started. They let go of many of their best people as they spoke up or else they just quit and found better jobs. They kept the toxic managers in the company and found them other positions but they still are here making life miserable. People work here because they have no other choice. New grads should not start a career here. Most of the new grads we did hire quit as they saw that they had no future here. Hard work is not rewarded but if you are buddies with Senior Management you are set maybe. PPBU is a bad department to work in as it is very political. If you do decide to work here just keep your mouth shut, be glad if you get a 2-3% raise, and respond positively to the employee satisfaction surveys or else you are done when the next round of layoffs start.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen is the next round of layoffs going to start? So disappointed in you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Engineer

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA (US)

ProsGreat employees to work with. Good benefits but for managers' favorites only.

ConsLots of politics in leadership. So many managers and directors walking around not having anything to do. Some managers with no direct reports

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on reducing managers and respect hard working employees. Avoid favoritism.

Mismanagement All-Around

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Rosemead, CA (US)

ProsGood location in Rosemead away from the hustle and bustle.

ConsManagement is severely lacking with even worse executive management. Racism runs rampant along with nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the coffee. Answering emails all day behind closed doors for 10 hours a day is NOT management.

A great career

ABU2 (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsGreat values and benefits to make a career choice.

ConsCan be political at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide good and bad news in a timey manner.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of great benefits, had the opportunity to go on field and see equipment from time to time instead of staying in the office all day, fun people to work with, very safety conscious

Consa lot of politics involved, a lot of people hired as managers because they had good connections but not necessarily the qualifications, not very innovative

IT is going through managed services. It's a very stressful time knowing my job will be gone...

IT Specialist (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA (US)

ProsThe company offers competitive pay and good benefits.

ConsMany IT professionals have or will lose their jobs. The senior leaders don't seem to care about IT employees anymore. I

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk IT employee if they are willing to take a cut pay. Keep more jobs in US instead of sending our jobs to India. Look into the entire company to cut the people are not doing good jobs. It's not fair for IT.

Great company, rollercoaster management

Technical Specialist II (Former Employee) San Clemente, CA (US)

ProsMade lots of friends, great benefits

ConsGreat company management can be unpredictable.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency

Working for a utility in Southern California

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA (US)

ProsThe company has implemented some new programs to better the workplace environment and culture.

ConsDepends on your position, but salaries are not what they should be for level of experience.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!