Spectranetics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Spectranetics CEO Scott Drake

Scott Drake

A good place to work when times are great.

Sales & Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsStrong Senior Leadership that has completely turned the culture around in a positive way. In addition, employees have an opportunity for career growth.

ConsWhen sales are lagging, sales management tends to think short term and make deals with hospitals that hurt long-term business.

Fantastic work experience, with amazing teammates and Benefits

CSA (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsAmazing culture in which growth is encouraged, and you are made to feel like your contributions are making a difference from the top.

Consnothing comes to mind yet

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

First year great, second year terrible. Lots of politics and upper management jockeying for positions and power.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsNice people to work with. Beautiful location. A lot of dedicated and talented people.

ConsMany directors lack experience and are poor managers. Favorites often get promoted instead of basing on qualifications and experience. Lots of turnover right now, with several new VPs coming onboard.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what you what the company to be when it grows up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Circus atmosphere, it's not what you have done for me lately, but do we like you!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsGreat people & great opportunities

ConsSr Leadership has their heads in the sand, every 6 months there is a shake-up, good people are let go and more people are brought in because the Board wants them there!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending to listen to your people!

Great place to work, smart people, strong leadership.

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsWell communicated mission and vision, strong leadership and a sense of contributing to the goals and accomplishments of the company. Good direction, good products, and good people.

ConsLike most places there is always more to do than time to do it, small teams are expected to deliver a lot of results.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be inclusive and seek out ideas outside of the executive ranks.

Good place to start a medical sales career

Sales and Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsThey pay employees well, the product line is unique which is beneficial to patients and hospitals, there is some opportunity for career growth for midlevel employees, offers a unique opportunity for those working in medical device to be in Colorado

ConsManagement team seems misguided in their efforts (self-focused), there is high turnover among employees which is a cause for concern for those looking for a long-term opportunity

Great company with good potential for growth

Finance (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsI'm excited about the future of the company. The management team is great and very forward looking. Supervisors are very good mentors, and the people are great!

ConsThere aren't any downsides at Spectranetics.

Spectranetics: a fast growing company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsFast growing company.
    Carrer growth and opportunity.
    Great people to work with.
    Focus on new product development.

ConsGrowing from a small company to a mid size company is challenging.

Best Place I Have Ever Worked

Department Leader (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsExecutive Leadership has strong vision and strategic plan they are executing on. Communication is strong regarding the vital goals and the role each teammate plays to get the company there. Lots of internal company functions and recognition. Strong Value in pushing innovation, empowerment, urgency, collaboration and customers service. Strong partnership with physicians and health care workers to save and improve lives--feel good mission.

ConsHigh expectations on quality. High growth means lots of work and not enough time in the day to get it done. Growing from a small company to a mid size company is challenging current employees to raise the bar in everything we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the strong leadership and focus!

Growing company driven by innovation and shared personal values

R&D (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsGreat culture based on shared values. Smaller company where individuals matter. Environment is like working for a startup company, without the personal financial risk. Great business performance (consistent +10% per quarter sales growth and great stock performance). Opportunity to work on cutting edge products in live in family-friendly Colorado Springs!

ConsRapidly growing company. No room for anything but A-players. Must be able to thrive in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to agressively invest in innovation.

Worked for Spectranetics? Contribute to the Community!