Spring Independent School District

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ralph Draper

"Challenging but moving in the right direction"

Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people working in this district. Very knowledgable and talented individuals teaching the students.

ConsSpring ISD is going through growing pains of transforming its leadership team including a newly named Superintendent and several new positions.

Difficult to maneuver through the "good ol boy network who is trying to be taken seriously" politics

Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) Spring, TX (US)

ProsSome very dedicated teacher in the district and supportive parents; HR staff is wonderful

ConsCampus and district administration is a joke. There is too much deadline weight.

Politically run, no control over disciplinary issues.

Teacher @ Westfield (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsSalary & benefits are competitive, majority of the staff is very committed to providing a high quality education.

ConsPolitics, rather than work experience and results, determine who gets promoted! Schedule changes can happen at any time across the board to protect those favored teachers and make their lives easier... how is this fair to the child let alone the teacher?

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house starting with the Superintendent and look closely at the principals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor morale, unmotivated students and teachers

Teacher (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGet paid to work with children

ConsStaff and administration are run on politics

It was an eye opening experience.

Career & Technical Education Teacher (Former Employee) Spring, TX (US)

ProsJob security, good working environment, staff is very professional,

ConsNot enough pay for the work

Embrace change

Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsSome colleagues have a true heart for working with students that come from low demographic areas and put their best food forward.

Consmanagement; leadership; professional developments not as engaging or meeting needs of what is required to get staff to stay committed; high staff mobilitiy; students do not respect each other or staff-management brushes "small issues" under the rug creating bigger incidences to occur repeatedly; district seems to work backwards and not embrace change-recreating the wheel.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop recreating the wheel when there are things that work just fine and CHANGE with a positive attitude including staff---be consistent and motivate staff continuously.

Previouse employment review

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Ḩawwārah, Amman Governorate (Jordan)

ProsFlexible hours and nice environment

ConsSalary delays and no definitive job guideline

A challenging but fun experience

Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsSpring ISD has a phenomenal staff where friendships are made between students and staff.

ConsThe pay isn't that good for paraprofessionals. You can't really survive on it if you have a family, unless you have a second job.

Spring HS principals have no control

Spring HS Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsSome good kids, nice schedule

ConsPrincipals have no control of the school. The students run it and they know it. They would institute new rules at the beginning of the year, kids didn't follow them, so they would eliminate them mid-year, making the kids think it's a joke. The discipline there is unruly. There are fights every week of the year, and multiple fights every day around any holiday. For all the good kids, they were unable to learn because there was so many discipline issues that principals didn't deal with. It is a violent, and unruly place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to "catch" your teachers doing poorly. You should be empowering them, and following through on discipline, especially with the worst offenders.

Tired

Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe majority of your coworkers are hardworking, depending on the school-a team environment, some of the specialist really do try to help the students instead of sitting in their office.

ConsIt depends on who you know in order to move out of the classroom, discipline is a joke at most of the schools.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your management before placing them.

Worked for Spring Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!