Sprint

3.2 2,023 reviews

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

(1,342 ratings)

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also(in 154 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in(in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted(in 81 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges(in 26 reviews)

2,023 Employee Reviews

Decent place to work but be careful.

Application Developer II (Former Employee) Overland Corner

ProsPeople that worked there are great. My management was great with allowing us to telecommute one day a week. They were also flexible if issues came up and you had to change your work schedule some. The 401K benefit was good, dollar for dollar up to 5% of your pay. Benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision. They also had voluntary benefits such as car and home insurance, pet insurance. The bonuses are being paid out quarterly now and not yearly, which is better because you get what you earned and not lose it when one quarter of the year tanked.

ConsThe layoffs they have been having makes it kind of worrying to work there. Also even though they say they won't expect same amount of work with less people after the layoffs they seem to still expect it. There was bonuses but no raises this year, just hope that doesn't become a trend. Also the job grades got consolidated and so there isn't as much promotion from one grade to another, though they can promote you in grade to a different level but it is confusing on how that all works. Also they seem to embrace everything that was Legacy Nextel and have to change everything over that way, but that is my perception.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of cutting lower level employees and expecting the remaining ones to do the same work as did before upper management, especially really upper management needs to take a pay cut or decrease the amount of them.

An outstanding 17 year experience.

Director Corp Center (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS (US)

ProsAbility to work in different areas. Like working for multiple companies without having to change companies.

ConsWhen they did away with the pension, they started feeling like any other company. After the merger with Nextel, Sprint started losing what made it such a great place to work (it's swagger). Through all my years there we focused on the network, then the from 2004/5 to 2007 the shift went to focusing on minutes for PCS. The sales teams no longer had to know as much about the network as they did Apps, and cellular devices. Think about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

Could have been a lot better

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsFlexibility of hours
    Free products
    Constant learning of new devices
    Access to devices before release
    Rewards
    Connections

ConsLittle room for raises. Useless 8am calls for managers. Micromanagement for upper level. Quotas to hit with products that simply don sell because Sprint lacks quality of service..

Advice to Senior Managementjust quit please

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experiences

Retail Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSeeing all the tech that comes through is very nice. I also worked with a lot of people I now consider friends.

ConsIt's very hard to sell a struggling network. In some areas, the sprint network is so congested it's unusable.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the network to make everyone's life easier.

Nice company, good employer great benefits

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThey are very pro-employee,great growth opportunities, work-life balance need to improve because customer services is 24 hours.

ConsToo rush in sales, need more promotions to improve the sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat joob

Has a Good work life balance

Sales (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsHas a Good work life balance.

ConsNeed to improve the network

Great company to work for

Store Manager (Former Employee) Sterling Heights, MI (US)

ProsI love the continuing training and providing the tool and support for perform your job.

ConsDealing with some of the upper management - too much favoritism. The good hard working employees are not able to succeed and get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at who is doing the right thing for the company not only the ones that are trying to be your friend so they get promoted. Look at some of the social network sites and see what actually this "promoted" employees are saying and thinking about the company.

It showed be a lot of wireless offerings to provide to customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of partner companies to work with to sell solutions

ConsNetwork, lack of devices at times to show and sell

At the time, Sprint was in restructuring mode

Group Manager (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsGood, honest, hard-working colleagues in KC corporate offices; Fortune 500 type budgets, salaries, vacation and other benefits; KC was a nice area to live, especially for families.

ConsAt the time, many of the corporate support functions seemed to have redundant positions across and within business units. This made for some teamwork frustrations. This may have been mitigated in subsequent restructurings.

Great job

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsYou meet many people from every walk of life. If you like to help and make others smile this is a great place to work Nd find a sense of reward.

ConsThe schedules do get in the way of enjoying a weekend it.. makes you wish u work a nine to.five

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what u doing

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!