Sprint

2,437 Reviews
3.2
2,437 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 169 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 153 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 102 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent place to work but be careful.

Former Employee - Application Developer II in Overland Corner
    Former Employee - Application Developer II in Overland Corner

I worked at Sprint

Pros

People that worked there are great. My management was great with allowing us to telecommute one day a week. They were also flexible if issues came up and you had to change your work schedule some. The 401K benefit was good, dollar for dollar up to 5% of your pay. Benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision. They also had voluntary benefits such as car and home insurance, pet insurance. The bonuses are being paid out quarterly now and not yearly, which is better because you get what you earned and not lose it when one quarter of the year tanked.

Cons

The layoffs they have been having makes it kind of worrying to work there. Also even though they say they won't expect same amount of work with less people after the layoffs they seem to still expect it. There was bonuses but no raises this year, just hope that doesn't become a trend. Also the job grades got consolidated and so there isn't as much promotion from one grade to another, though they can promote you in grade to a different level but it is confusing on how that all works. Also they seem to embrace everything that was Legacy Nextel and have to change everything over that way, but that is my perception.

Instead of cutting lower level employees and expecting the remaining ones to do the same work as did before upper management, especially really upper management needs to take a pay cut or decrease the amount of them.

Used to be very good until Softbank bought the company

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Sydney
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Sydney

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Some really bad management and lack of company direction

Get out!

A very good job.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, SC (US)

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Pays well. Cool people to work with. Great benefits. Employee phone plan.

Cons

At risk for commission is lower than most other companies. Retail hours. Work/Life balance, you will always feel like you're working. Goals are very aggressive.

Network Engineer

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Good pay and benefits, amenities

Cons

Too much uncertainty regarding layoffs every year

Make better decisions so people are not CONSTANTLY losing their jobs

15 years of doing the work I love, working with, and for, people I respect.

Current Employee - ENT SVCS SYS INTEG II in Lees Summit, MO (US)
    Current Employee - ENT SVCS SYS INTEG II in Lees Summit, MO (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have always loved working on computers and with technology. Sprint has given me the opportunity of the last 15 years to learn, develop, and grow a skill set that will benefit me for the rest of my life, while getting paid very well in the process.

My time working at Sprint in Network and IT Operations has granted me the chance to learn from and develop relationships with people who I can only describe as outstanding. I have also had the chance to work with and learn from vendors at companies such as IBM, HP, BMC, EDS, and CA (just to name a few).

If you are love technology and want to learn from some of the best and brightest in the business....Sprint is a great place to work in my opinion.

Cons

Due to the competitive nature of the Telecommunications Industry in recent years (the last 5-6) there have been quite a few layoffs.

This is more so advice to the board of directors over our company than anyone at the management level.

The only and really on beef that I, and many of my coworkers, have taken issue with during the last few years of layoff after layoff is this...

Stop giving executives 50+ million dollars to quit working for us, then in the same year announce another round of layoffs.

To say that this type of move undermines employee confidence about our companies values would be an understatement.

Great company

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Good benefits and commission. Reward hard work.

Cons

None compared to other companies I've worked for.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free wireless service, competitive pay.

Cons

Long retail work hours and policies and plans change frequently.

Stop changing policies so often.

form employee

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at Sprint

Pros

remote work; good vacation time; decent paid holiday time; good paid time off for sick time

Cons

no raises; lay-offs every six months since 2001; medical benefits always increasing in price, yet no raises; very low bonuses

be honest and stop just worrying about yourself.. your job. what happened to humanity where we still are concerned about our fellow person's well being.

Good Job for Retail

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Mooresville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Mooresville, NC (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most Retail jobs will not pay you close to what Sprint does because of the commission. If you want an entry level sales job this is the position for you. If you are willing to move around in the district there are opportunites to move up over time. Management can sometimes be over bearing but it is way better than working minimum wage, you can actually build a career at Sprint if you put the work in.

Cons

The hours are terrible and that is to be expected. You are only as good as your current sales.

Its hard to give advice to management everyone is managed by someone telling them to do the things that frustrate their employee. My only suggestion is to not threaten the jobs of employees, it does not make you want to work harder it just creates a hostile work environment.

greet company

Former Employee - Host
    Former Employee - Host

I worked at Sprint

Pros

great coworkers and flexible hours

Cons

some people are really stupid