www.sprint.com

2,366 Reviews
3.2
2,366 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 149 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 97 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent place to work but be careful.

Former Employee - Application Developer II in Overland Corner
    Former Employee - Application Developer II in Overland Corner

I worked at Sprint

Pros

People that worked there are great. My management was great with allowing us to telecommute one day a week. They were also flexible if issues came up and you had to change your work schedule some. The 401K benefit was good, dollar for dollar up to 5% of your pay. Benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision. They also had voluntary benefits such as car and home insurance, pet insurance. The bonuses are being paid out quarterly now and not yearly, which is better because you get what you earned and not lose it when one quarter of the year tanked.

Cons

The layoffs they have been having makes it kind of worrying to work there. Also even though they say they won't expect same amount of work with less people after the layoffs they seem to still expect it. There was bonuses but no raises this year, just hope that doesn't become a trend. Also the job grades got consolidated and so there isn't as much promotion from one grade to another, though they can promote you in grade to a different level but it is confusing on how that all works. Also they seem to embrace everything that was Legacy Nextel and have to change everything over that way, but that is my perception.

Instead of cutting lower level employees and expecting the remaining ones to do the same work as did before upper management, especially really upper management needs to take a pay cut or decrease the amount of them.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free wireless service, competitive pay.

Cons

Long retail work hours and policies and plans change frequently.

Stop changing policies so often.

Competitive environment - Call Center

Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Elmsford, NY (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competative environment
    Above average benefits
    Above average pay
    Ability to almost double annual salary with metric driven incentives (3k/month possible)

Cons

every second of your day is recorded or monitored by management
    strict and confusing "point" system for time and attendance
    Company beliefs. --- you know how hard it is to tell a customer that you are a top tier CSR and in the same statement tell them that you are unable to simply activate a phone? forcing customer to go to store. not good strategy.

there was a reason that they were given customer service awards in the past recent years, don't expect any awards now. when the customers call fort help half the time I have to tell them that I can't help them and that they need to go to a store.

Great company, great people.

Current Employee - HRD Specialist in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Current Employee - HRD Specialist in Overland Park, KS (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment. Cutting edge technology. Fun and exciting people throughout the company.

Cons

As layoffs continue the ability to move up is significantly hampered.

Keep fighting the good fight.

26 Years with Sprint

Former Employee - Analyst II in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Analyst II in Overland Park, KS (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to learn many business units over the years. Training available and education reimbursement to grow your career. Paid Time off is good. Pay is acceptable.

Cons

Management was more concerned about keeping their own jobs vs. managing their teams for success. Upper management is more concerned with who is schmoozing who and those that work hard and don't socialize all day are considered outcasts and non team members even if you participate in team activities. The work from home program is viewed as non-productive in some groups. Even though statistics prove work from home programs prove very effective over and over. Not compensated for hard work or a job well done. If your group saves the company $36 million dollars off the budget, that is not shared with the entire team that produced the savings. Promotions are not common unless you are considered to be one of the chosen ones.

The best advice I can give to the new CEO is the Network must be improved to gain market share or long time customers will continue to leave. Management needs a major overhaul! People need to be held accountable for objectives met or not met. Merit increases should be based on results, not a chart that states you are at 85% of a mid range salary. Recognition and promotions should be related to objectives met. Morale needs an overhaul as well. Since the numerous layoffs the team environment is non-existent. Keep your tribal knowledge. They know the business best and have a vested interest in making the Sprint brand succeed. Being a stake holder, it's important the company is successful.

Good place to work overall; beautiful campus/facilities.

Current Employee - Vendor Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Vendor Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flex Schedules; Some work from Home Weekly (average 2 days/wk in IT roles); good home/life balance

Cons

Growth potential of business in very competitive market.

A Period of Transition

Former Employee - Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Caring, intelligent people, wonderful benefits (including salary), flexible work location (depending on management), diverse types of work (e.g., engineering, finance, HR, retail) available.

Cons

Any time new executives are involved, change is inevitable which can causes temporary lack of direction downstream. Layoffs generally a question of "when", not "if", which reduces morale.

Get a plan and stick with it. Eliminate work silos. Make departments be accountable and responsible for work activity.

Sprint

Current Employee - Sprint Sales Representative in Gaithersburg, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Sprint Sales Representative in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hours are very flexible
    Employee discount plans are great

Cons

Quotas are beginning to get too high to reach

We need a Quota relief

Retail Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Overland Park, KS (US)

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

Good vacation and time off benefits. Nice health package, but other wireless benefits confusing and constantly changing.

Cons

Sucks to work in retail for the worst carrier. I get yelled at all the time.

Respect retail. Don't give bonuses to corporate employees based on how well sales do if we dont qualify for the benefit.

Making it impossible for me to quit

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I get lots of time off. They pay is very good and so are the benefits

Cons

The hours and awful. Retail is a tough job and the customers can be incredibly mean

We need to have more closed days like banks. National holidays like Memorial Day, and especially LABOR day