St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Updated 28 October 2014
2.9

CEO

Volunteer Experience at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Former Employee - Asthma Educator in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Asthma Educator in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Friendly,open environment for staff
    -Great atmosphere for children

Cons

Unable to provide because I volunteered and did not a wide breadth of experience with the hospital

Continuing doing what you are doing

Great potential but Poor leadership

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time

Pros

Really able to help the community and offers the opportunity to serve pediatric patients

Cons

The Administrative leadership is out of touch with their staff and patients. The CEO is horrible. She talks a good game but has made no improvement during her tenure.

Tenet should really consider replacing their Administrative team. The team lack has a high employee turnover rate and is not held accountable for their actions and poor leadership skills.

Tears of a clown

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Unlike most places they hire by qualifications. I have seen a lot of jobs that want you to work temp with no benefits for a year or more with not encouragement that you will work for them full time.

Cons

Like the tears of the clown with St Christopher you see and are instructed one thing (caring, honesty, and friendliness) and you get another (back stabbing, uncaring management, and even false accusations to get you out of there.) I have never seen so many leaders with hidden agendas. Quitting my last job to come to St. Christopher was by far the worst decision of my life.

The sad thing is St. Christopher's will continue to become more successful because the money, is more important than the employees.

Revamp, there is nothing I like about how management works. They talk a good game but their actions causes everyone not in the medical field to spend your time their walking on egg shells

Horrible Benefits

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I like my co workers. They are the ones I can count on for help and support.

Cons

The healthcare benefits are the worst part about working here. I cannot afford to get exams and tests that I need because the deductible is so high. I also put off going to the doctor or filling prescriptions I need because of the high cost. I have been with the company 12 years and if things don't improve with the benefits I will look for other employment. Management is also a joke. Nurses are hired as interim managers and without any interviewing of other candidates they are hired as manages. It's not a fair hiring process

Listen to your staff during the employee survey. How can a manager that has awful reviews stay in that position year after year?

Its an ok place to work

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children part-time

Pros

the pay and the patients are my highlight

Cons

work can be demanding, mangmt Is always fighting

corporate leadership not the best

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Pros

small feel, MDs within group easy to approach and collaborate with for the most part. Loved my patient population

Cons

poor leadership, benefits, and management would "disappear." We would received emails multiple times a month stating " …was not longer an employee". strange.

appreciate your nursing staff, specifically NPs. Give them representation in leadership

Great

Current Employee - Materials Management Associate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Materials Management Associate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children part-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the hospitals which do a lot of charity

Cons

Didnt see any thing bad here

Not dedicated to quality work environment

Current Employee - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Phila, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Phila, PA (US)

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Small family like, provides a needed service to the community

Cons

Does not provide necessary resources for employees to provide quality care. Change in insurance coverage to Dallas based company. HR not responsive

It was a great experience and allowed me to become a supervisor

Current Employee - Practice Coordinator in Trenton, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Practice Coordinator in Trenton, NJ (US)

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with a diverse and multicultural environment

Cons

We the job moved an hour away

The job itself is alright but the management is very biased and unconcerned

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Easily accessed location. facility is not too large or overwhelming. Has the potential to be a great workplace.

Cons

Not as friendly oriented work environment as it used to be. No team cohesiveness. Workers tend to be in it for themselves and not with the patients well being at the forefront.

Listen more to employees concerns without retributions for speaking up. Promote more teambuilding instead of favoritism in the workplace.