St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Its an ok place to work

Prosthe pay and the patients are my highlight

Conswork can be demanding, mangmt Is always fighting

Sounds like a great Job until you get there!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSound good on resume but most of the older workers are complaining that the management has destroyed their love for their job. Some department patients are treated like product. it very sad for those that really care.

ConsNon medical management sucks, not much worthy to say, a lot of water cooler gossip, and backstabbing even within management. really can make you feel uncomfortable.
    These are the worst benefits I have ever seen with a hospital. you might as well not have medical insurance at all! it stinks!

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of meetings are a facade to the real problem, management disconnect.

corporate leadership not the best

Prossmall feel, MDs within group easy to approach and collaborate with for the most part. Loved my patient population

Conspoor leadership, benefits, and management would "disappear." We would received emails multiple times a month stating " …was not longer an employee". strange.

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate your nursing staff, specifically NPs. Give them representation in leadership

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Clinical Experience

House Staff (Current Employee)

Prosgreat clinical experience. diverse patient population. physicians are caring and compassionate.

Consupper management often seems more concerned with the bottom line than with actual quality improvement

Advice to Senior Managementfocus more on actual quality improvement and listen more to the needs of employees, house staff, and physicians

Great

Materials Management Associate (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsOne of the hospitals which do a lot of charity

ConsDidnt see any thing bad here

Not dedicated to quality work environment

Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) Phila, PA (US)

ProsSmall family like, provides a needed service to the community

ConsDoes not provide necessary resources for employees to provide quality care. Change in insurance coverage to Dallas based company. HR not responsive

It was a great experience and allowed me to become a supervisor

Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ (US)

ProsWorking with a diverse and multicultural environment

ConsWe the job moved an hour away

The job itself is alright but the management is very biased and unconcerned

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phila, PA (US)

ProsEasily accessed location. facility is not too large or overwhelming. Has the potential to be a great workplace.

ConsNot as friendly oriented work environment as it used to be. No team cohesiveness. Workers tend to be in it for themselves and not with the patients well being at the forefront.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees concerns without retributions for speaking up. Promote more teambuilding instead of favoritism in the workplace.

I really like my job

Unit Secretary (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsMY and I stress MY unit is VERY fair and professional. Im not sure If I can say the same about every unit or department. My manager and director are flexible, personable and fair. Most of my coworkers are friendly and caring. I feel very blessed to work here.

ConsThey dont pay enough for the quality of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAY EMPLOYEES WHAT THEY ARE DUE...I really wished St. CHRIS paid a little bit more. If they did they would be the perfect 5 star job!

Worked for St. Christopher's Hospital for Children? Contribute to the Community!