StoneMor

Updated 18 August 2014
Updated 18 August 2014

2.9

Lawrence Miller

A very good company to work for.

Pros

A very caring company. The company has been in the industry for a long time. Have the value to really focus on families that they serve. Opportunities throughout the company for advancement. This is a career and not just a job. Company is very welling to help with relocation. Perfect job for those who are independent

Cons

Maintenance, sales and admin needs to work together and communicate better. Takes a while to get things resolved when issues arises. There is no work-life balance for those that wants to get ahead and do a great job.

Communication is key. Sometimes there are too much on the sales team plate. Need more support

Great Experience So Far

Pros

Good company to work for. Flexible hours, two casual days a week and great support from other departments. Management works hard and assists as needed with any job functions. The company is growing quickly and there is room for advancement and growth.

Cons

Training could be improved for sure.

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Groundskeeper  in  Granger, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Groundskeeper in Granger, IN (US)

Pros

Received adequate training for the grounds position. The work was fairly structured with good support from the superintendent. I enjoyed the autonomy to perform my duties in a manner that benefited myself and the organization.

Cons

It was hard to change the minds of upper management when an idea for improvement presented itself. Working hands-on and listening to our families, we could have adjusted our policies to better fit the staff and the people we service.

Listen to the ideas of the people who work in the day-to-day sector. Some thoughts are worth pursuing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Pros

I feel management does a great job recognizing work/life balance. I feel supported in my position and recognized for the hard work I do. From what I have experienced personally as well as seeing it with fellow co-workers, if you show you are a person who works hard, is dedicated, and is willing to go that extra mile, you have a good chance to move up in your career at StoneMor.

Cons

Behind the times in regards to technology. Enhancing our technology could help improve in areas such as employee communication, paperwork processing, and training.

Compensation should be based on performance instead of "across the board" raises. It gives people more of an incentive to work harder and do their job more efficiently. It also provides better recognition for a job well done.

Great for people who are looking for uncapped earning potential

Current Employee - Sales Counselor  in  Suitland, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Suitland, MD (US)

Pros

The best thing about the position was being able to earn unlimited amount of commission. You also have 3 weeks paid training and they offer one of the highest commission rates in the death care industry.

Cons

The cons would be having to juggle the work life balance and it may be difficult in the beginning for those who are not used to working longer hours. But the long hours pay off when you meet with the families and are able to help them during their time of need.

get some updated sales leads, the ones we are using are outdated!

Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

Pros

very rewarding job, helping familys.

Cons

I have nothing good to say about the higher management

terrible managers, just want to bully and harrass you. they do whatever they can to not pay you full commission

I assisted families that lost a loved one by making final burial arrangements.

Former Employee - Sales Counselor  in  Anniston, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Anniston, AL (US)

Pros

I have lost many loved ones and I knew what the families were going through; therefore, I feel as if I was very helpful and sympathetic.

Cons

It was sometimes difficult for me not to be emotional; however, I had to be strong for the families and be as helpful as I could regarding their situation.

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Counselor  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Pros

Great benefits, management team, opportunity to help people, make lots of money as a Sales Counselor

Cons

vacation time is too short

30 years in the Cemetery Industry and by far the best corporation I've been a part of.

Current Employee - Area Manager  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

Pros

Greatest ensemble of people/professionals. A true sales organization from top to bottom! Direct supervisor the best in the industry ! Input / ideas are not only accepted but encouraged!

Cons

None really, just the continuing drive to increase the growth of the organization. A couple of minor changes to the benefit plan could be addressed even though it is currently a very good program.

Keep doing what you've been doing ! Reach out to "the people in the field" for an even better pulse of the marketplace. The innovation shown by new leadership is greatly desired as well as needed. Communication via technology is in process and couldn't come any sooner. Growth through acquisitions is progressing nicely, is always welcome and presents greater opportunities . Promotion from within the Company is the rule and appreciated!

My professional business development experience has contributed to my success as a
    Family Service Counselor.

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor  in  South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in South Bend, IN (US)

Pros

The main reasons I am working here are that there is job stability and opportunity for managerial advancement.

Cons

Weekend hours at our location.

Weekend office hours. I am single Dad.

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!