StratMar

Updated 15 February 2015
Updated 15 February 2015
3.4

Ethan Charas

Stratmar is an awesome company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at StratMar

Pros

you determine your paycheck, interaction and networking with thousands of people daily, great support from corporate.

Cons

Job security is uncertain due to outside influences not pertaining to the performance of the company

Expand to the west coast

Great potential and growth

I worked at StratMar

Pros

I absolutely loved being responsible for each daily task I would arrive early to prepare myself for the day. My dream job !

Cons

At the time Management was going through changes. I was offered hours when I considered this job that the new hire manager would not allow. She often playfully shoved me and pulled my hair. She slandered about other employees. Said hateful things towards me. As a manager preview pushy for almost 3 years I know this is unacceptable. I am also a Private Retail Sales Rep for another company. I warned her I was putting my notice. Now that I know she has been removed I'm in the process of my return!

Set a good example for other employees

Keeping it real!

Current Employee - Staff in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Staff in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

StratMar is a great company to work for. In the 2.5 years i have been with this company, I have found the entire management staff to be down to earth and have "real" expectations. Although they do challenge consistency and advancement and drive expectations and accountability, As long as i do my job to the best of my ability, following the guidelines and procedures set, I have the potential to earn a very good income.

Cons

The challenge is on the sales teams to perform to expectations to achieve a full-time position.

Keep operating with the "real" mentality

StratMar is a great place to work

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What I like most about StratMar is the leadership allows you to run your area of responsibility as your own company. They encourage you to take chances but in doing so, expect accountability.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long, but overall, not too bad.

Continue to over communicate with the teams as you currently do. With so many "dedicated programs" and so many employees working remotely, it's important that you stay connected to each area.

Your training programs are phenomenal and it's very rewarding to see so many Sales reps work through them. StratMar is also a fun place to work and the office culture is excellent!

A company to grow with.

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for growth. In my 3 1/2 years, I've been promoted 3 times. Each promotion came because Stratmar noticed my performance and APPROACHED ME with the opportunity.

Stratmar's "Open door policy" is second to none. Everyone from the CEO down is accessible.

Cons

The bonus program is the best it's ever been! I'd like to see more consistency with bonuses.

Stratmar is very good at putting the employees first, keep up the good work !

Great place to work with over three years of service

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started very part-time over three years ago and worked my way to a Full-time position. I love the flexibility and the fast-paced ever changing environment. It keeps things fresh and there is never a dull moment with many opportunities to sell and make money.

Cons

Sometimes all the changes are hard to keep up with. Constantly need to remind yourself we are staying ahead of our competition so we need to be flexible.

Keep the momentum going; exciting things are happening, business is successful and growing. It's a great time to be working here!

Beware of changing expectations, changin. field management and changing comp plans. Uh, oh!!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at StratMar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Full-time permanent position, benefits available, field expenses covered. Good IT support with supplied iPads and sales software.

Cons

As the field salesforce for a 3rd party client, there were barriers to getting direct communication regarding issues, expectations, and changes in direction. We were regarded by both the client and StratMar as hired guns (Ronin).

Be honest with field people regarding changes directed by client. These things happen in the business world, but it is hard to have any trust for an employer that plays mind games with its people.

Hard Work, Long Standing Hours

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)

I worked at StratMar part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you want to improve your public speaking ability or if you a generally shy person; then this is the job for you. I spoke to an average of 100 people daily as this job was me standing behind a kiosk at the airport selling a credit card.

Cons

Headaches, leg pain, back pain, eye soreness, no time for slack. Monotonous daily routine.

For the branch of StratMar located in Newark Airport, I would suggest that you invest more money. This will improve the billboard ads throughout the airport, improve the brochures, and avoid any confusion for both the customer and employee; thus alleviating much of the work force's problems. Perhaps investing in touch screen tablets for each kiosk at EWR Terminal C.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlantic City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlantic City, NJ (US)

I have been working at StratMar

Pros

Excellent starting salary with the ability to raise your hourly with a great bonus plan. The job itself is energetic and fun, everyone works together and it is a very motivating environment.
    Ethan the CEO is a leader who cares for his Employees. He motivates us and leads us to be our very best.
    I been with the Company a very short time and I have to say I am truly enjoying my work.

Cons

I don't see anything that needs improvement.

Keep up the Great Work