Stream Global Services

Updated 24 September 2014
2.8

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • My role was odd, supporting both top execs and mid-level call center folks (in 17 reviews)

• Once you are past the entry level stuff (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center (in 19 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company before the buyout. No idea now.

Former Employee - Computer Services Coordinator  in  Eagan, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Computer Services Coordinator in Eagan, MN (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

My role was odd, supporting both top execs and mid-level call center folks. The power and autonomy of the role were great, and the things I learned from some execs and from an international collection of IT experts were invaluable. I also had a small taste of working in Information Security, which was fascinating.

Cons

Like many companies we were stretched thin. The people were reasonable about not calling me on nickel and dime concerns, but when anything was down (weekly) I'd get calls anytime. For execs I was on call 24x7x365 for more than a year. Also I suspect many jobs have been and will be moving away from Minnesota since the buyout.

Rotate on-call times and always hire at least two IT guys per group to ensure real time off. Eventually I was able to trade with my more experienced coworker, but it was a very tiring first year. Also be sure to spend enough time and cash up front on infrastructure before filling a 300-seat building, to avoid frequent down-times. Our WAN - upon which everything depended - was a nightmare for the first few months in Eagan, and took a year to become reliable. Oof.

Great Place to Train and Get Experience

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company offers good training for entry level workers. It has a professional organizational structure and there can be excellent advancement opportunities for hard workers. The work can provide a strong technical background and experience if someone is willing to put in the time to study and learn from co-workers.

Cons

The work can be stressful after a while, with long hours on the phone and strong focus on performance measures. If someone doesn't like sitting all day and talking on the phone for an eight hour shift, he or she could get burned out. There are also expectations for performing to certain standards consistently.

Remember to treat each employee as an individual, even while trying to hold everyone to standard requirements.

Great working environment

Former Employee - MS Technical Support Specialist  in  Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Former Employee - MS Technical Support Specialist in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work, fair salary, personal growth, great team

Cons

After 3 years of working there the project was canceled

More practical training for technicians and others working there, not just from the literature

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This place was a goldmine of professional experiences and opportunities for advancement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team managers and team members provided one of the best work environments possible. Training was thorough and consistent, and the company did a good job of making sure employees were taken care of at times of drastic business change, which are part of the nature of that business.

Cons

Because of its nature providing services to other corporations, the environment is extremely fluid, sometimes volatile. For the wrong person this would be intolerable, but the majority of folks I worked with saw it as a way to keep things fresh.

When I started the perks for being a superlative agent were superb, those had been cut significantly by the time I left and that had effected morale poorly. Those perks should be reinstated.

Watertown offices couldn't be better

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This office provided an ever evolving staff that was attentive, considerate, and focus on driving goals

Cons

Certain areas in the place could have been fixed up during their constant renovations

Customer service Team Manager

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good salary - good benefits like social insurance - possibility to be promoted in a short time - good management and process flexibility - very good responsible agents - good contact with the HR employees and HR manager - conference calls with the client for business and performance improvement.

Cons

Many interviews - high competition between the colleagues in case any promotions.

To be more active with the client and to answer their questions as soon as possible without any delay.

Stream Global Services.

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

* International company.
    * Flexibility.
    * Giving the chance to the team manager to invent and lead with his own way.
    * Improve the skills.

Cons

to be promoted when you do a good job after a short period, and no matter if there are other old employees.

to involve the team manager in more tasks that do the upper management to put him on the picture with the client requests and needs.

Good people, poor company

Former Employee - Team Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good minimum pay with commission options. Co-workers are great. Overtime available at times.

Cons

Upper management is terrible. Change in upper management frequent and went through a couple mergers. Seems everyone bails on the company at one point or another. Frequent changes makes meeting expectations difficult.

Listen to your employees. Beta test changes before launching them.

low pay

Former Employee - Level II Tech Support  in  Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Level II Tech Support in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

happy work environment, happy people. huddle is great before the shift start

Cons

too much pressure, very low pay, too many gate keepers

You know people work for a living. Do them a favor, make sure you compensate them well. You earn billions, us, we earn crumbs. And we work for you. Happy employee, they will take care of your customer, happy customer, they will take care of your company.

Experience at Stream

Former Employee - Team Manager  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Cairo (Egypt)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I learned a lot of stuff in there, time Management, dealing with loads of stress, How to run projects from scratch till you deliver them to the operations, surely the deep looking into numbers and digging deeper for the facts to help in any root cause analysis.

Cons

Promotions were few and far, sometimes the feedback is a bit late.
    more attention is required to Agents motivation since.

more attention to the employee's satisfaction is required, specially in the elementary level.

Stream Global Services Photos

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!