Stream Global Services

Updated 18 August 2014

2.8

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • good environment to work and good people as well (in 10 reviews)

• Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center (in 18 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

Management works with agents if they have personal issues going on.

Cons

Pay needs to be hire but that is what happens when you work for a BPO.

Be more friendly

Decent pay, decent job

Former Employee - Support Professional  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Support Professional in Portland, OR (US)

Pros

Decent pay in a decent setting

Cons

A lot of internal moves

Stick with companies and make them better instead of taking on more and more

very good company

Pros

personal growth, flexible, supportive, good culture,good environment

Cons

salary at beginner level is very basic

senior management is helpful

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I found the work to be interesting and relevant, the management to be supportive, and mobility quite
     flexible.

Former Employee - Support Professional  in  Beaverton, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Support Professional in Beaverton, OR (US)

Pros

I found their benefit package to be practical and more than adequate to my needs. Human resources was also very good about answering questions and clarifying issues. I found I could agree with most of the company values and viewpoints. I liked the relatively casual atmosphere, which did not skimp on professionalism simultaneously.

Cons

At the time I was there, they were trying to recreate educational opportunities that had existed before. In this day of exorbitant educational costs, that is something I think a company should offer to their employees. If a person is looking for a very button down environment (professional attire), it is not the place for such a person.

I enjoyed my time at Stream. I would have liked to have been able to get more educational credentials I could take with me. I liked the way your management handled the end of the contract under which I worked, in that you tried to give the employees as many options as possible before it ended. Keep up the good work of taking care of your employees. The CEO was relatively new to the company but seemed to be doing a good job.

A good place to learn but pays low.

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional in London, ON (Canada)

Pros

Learning about the job duties is great. The company will train as necessary. They will help you many times if you do not get it.

Cons

getting the hours you want is based on seniority and stats via shift bids. If you're low on the totem pole, then you will get the worse shift. You have to be in the top 5 to get the hours you want. Trying to get time-off is a bit challenging as you have limited choices. There is no room for movement.

nothing but good things. staff works with you to help you advance

Current Employee - Customer Support Professional  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Support Professional in Tampa, FL (US)

Pros

work with your schedule especially while in school, lots of room for advancement

Cons

training needs to be more hands on

Just okay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sergeant Bluff, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sergeant Bluff, IA (US)

Pros

Liked the people, atmosphere was nice on the Xbox contract. Front line agents were hard working if you provided them the tools to be successful.

Cons

Unrealistic pay for hours contracts demanded, benefits were expensive, training for front line managers was poor, no investment in preparing front line managers.

Step up the pay scale and training your assets in your management team with the skills they need to succeed.

Not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

This is an outsource company that doesn't care for its employee's. I hope that with the acquisition Convergys will fix it!

Cons

Pay sucks! Benefits are horrible! they have not given raises in three years. The Managers know less about managing then the supervisors

Care about your people

Cool place to work

Pros

nice co-workers
    nice managers
    decent work schedules if your stats are good.

Cons

lack of bonus
    lack of pay increasements

give more pay incentives like other call centers

OK no longer there

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Vermillion, SD (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vermillion, SD (US)

Pros

Pros – If you apply yourself you can make a good wage and have a good overall workplace environment. I do feel that my upper management like my manager, and center manager care about me as a person, not just as a sales person.

Cons

The countless reports have to stop. The iPad registers are fantastic, but its a tool, if you dont use it 90% of the time, I have a manager up my behind asking why. Its a tool to better server our customer, but you have us on such a short leash that if we dont use it we get in trouble, and for what? The only reason I see is to justify the amount of money you pad to apple to get the devices. The same goes for the Payment Kiosk, we cant take payments for customers at our station, why? When I'm in a customers account taking a payment it gives me the opportunity to add features, if they use the Kiosk I get no such chance, its a wasted opportunity, but hey you have to justify buying all those kiosks, or "tools" so we better have all our customers use that station. Next thing you know I'm going to have a report outlining why I use the orange highlighter more than the yellow, or a blue pen vs a black. All these reports justifying the purchase of tools to help me, just slow us down because we're all paranoid, if we've used the mobile opus enough or not.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!