Stream Global Services

Updated 18 September 2014
2.7

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • good environment to work and good people as well (in 10 reviews)

• Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center (in 18 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

This place was a goldmine of professional experiences and opportunities for advancement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team managers and team members provided one of the best work environments possible. Training was thorough and consistent, and the company did a good job of making sure employees were taken care of at times of drastic business change, which are part of the nature of that business.

Cons

Because of its nature providing services to other corporations, the environment is extremely fluid, sometimes volatile. For the wrong person this would be intolerable, but the majority of folks I worked with saw it as a way to keep things fresh.

When I started the perks for being a superlative agent were superb, those had been cut significantly by the time I left and that had effected morale poorly. Those perks should be reinstated.

Watertown offices couldn't be better

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This office provided an ever evolving staff that was attentive, considerate, and focus on driving goals

Cons

Certain areas in the place could have been fixed up during their constant renovations

Customer service Team Manager

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good salary - good benefits like social insurance - possibility to be promoted in a short time - good management and process flexibility - very good responsible agents - good contact with the HR employees and HR manager - conference calls with the client for business and performance improvement.

Cons

Many interviews - high competition between the colleagues in case any promotions.

To be more active with the client and to answer their questions as soon as possible without any delay.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stream Global Services.

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

* International company.
    * Flexibility.
    * Giving the chance to the team manager to invent and lead with his own way.
    * Improve the skills.

Cons

to be promoted when you do a good job after a short period, and no matter if there are other old employees.

to involve the team manager in more tasks that do the upper management to put him on the picture with the client requests and needs.

Experience at Stream

Former Employee - Team Manager  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Cairo (Egypt)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I learned a lot of stuff in there, time Management, dealing with loads of stress, How to run projects from scratch till you deliver them to the operations, surely the deep looking into numbers and digging deeper for the facts to help in any root cause analysis.

Cons

Promotions were few and far, sometimes the feedback is a bit late.
    more attention is required to Agents motivation since.

more attention to the employee's satisfaction is required, specially in the elementary level.

Excellent project in an overall good company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good jobs for people with little to no experience at all. Very punctual with the payments.

Cons

Very disorganized and only think in a very select group of people when new opportunities arise, only if your team leader likes you or something like that.

Should be more organized and think of all employees as equals.

low pay

Former Employee - Level II Tech Support  in  Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Level II Tech Support in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

happy work environment, happy people. huddle is great before the shift start

Cons

too much pressure, very low pay, too many gate keepers

You know people work for a living. Do them a favor, make sure you compensate them well. You earn billions, us, we earn crumbs. And we work for you. Happy employee, they will take care of your customer, happy customer, they will take care of your company.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management works with agents if they have personal issues going on.

Cons

Pay needs to be hire but that is what happens when you work for a BPO.

Be more friendly

Decent pay, decent job

Former Employee - Support Professional  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Support Professional in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay in a decent setting

Cons

A lot of internal moves

Stick with companies and make them better instead of taking on more and more

I found the work to be interesting and relevant, the management to be supportive, and mobility quite
     flexible.

Former Employee - Support Professional  in  Beaverton, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Support Professional in Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I found their benefit package to be practical and more than adequate to my needs. Human resources was also very good about answering questions and clarifying issues. I found I could agree with most of the company values and viewpoints. I liked the relatively casual atmosphere, which did not skimp on professionalism simultaneously.

Cons

At the time I was there, they were trying to recreate educational opportunities that had existed before. In this day of exorbitant educational costs, that is something I think a company should offer to their employees. If a person is looking for a very button down environment (professional attire), it is not the place for such a person.

I enjoyed my time at Stream. I would have liked to have been able to get more educational credentials I could take with me. I liked the way your management handled the end of the contract under which I worked, in that you tried to give the employees as many options as possible before it ended. Keep up the good work of taking care of your employees. The CEO was relatively new to the company but seemed to be doing a good job.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!