Stream Global Services

Updated 13 December 2014
2.7

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company (in 19 reviews)

• Once you are past the entry level stuff (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center (in 20 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Pleasant working enviroment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Belleville, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Belleville, ON (Canada)

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

There are an abundance of multicultural employees that bring a diverse and wide field of knowledge to the company, with room to grow within the company.

Cons

The hours for new employees included working to 1am with little hope of change of shift for the first 2 years, you are competing with other employees for the earlier shift which causes discord within the employees.

Re-evaluate the shift hours

just an average

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

schedule flexibility was a plus for me in our department

Cons

no career opportunities due to organization structure

Good experience

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in A Coruña (Spain)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in A Coruña (Spain)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning program, blue chip companies support experience

Cons

Not the best choice for career development, usually temporary jobs

Stream/Convergys

Former Employee - Tech Reo
    Former Employee - Tech Reo

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

high energy, nice remodeled building, ability to move within contracts both by choice and when other contracts are ending they try to keep you working, I have always has great managers

Cons

no long term job security due to the changing contracts, pay scale is low and almost impossible to live on if you have to commute or a single salary household

It would be great if there were more of a communication and ability to move within the company even at other locations

I would recommend someone work for this company for 2 months, just to see how great they've had it elsewhere.

Current Employee - Technical Support Professional in Swords (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Professional in Swords (Ireland)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's great to be able to go in to work and know that you are genuinely going to help several people by the end of your work day. Some of the customers I have spoken with have also made my day in the past.

Cons

The staff at this company on the first line of support are badly treated. Risk of losing the Client or Contract is always used as a motivator for employees when in fact all it does is quite the opposite. Hiring and firing is a constant within the company. The staff are treated not unlike chickens in a chicken coupe...

Unfortunately for the company, staff are fully aware of this.

Provide REAL opportunities, a potential to move up, a bump in salary (minimum every 2 year term)

Photography support professional

Former Employee - Photography Support Professional in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Photography Support Professional in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No need to work hard, out of 8 hours you spend maybe 2-3 hours doing something productive
    Holidays - you can travel whenever you want to and for as long as you want to, even if you request it one day in advance.
    Casual dress code
    Friendly, fun environment
    Occasional cash bonuses for good performance
    Possibility to borrow company cameras and other equipment for private purposes (T&C apply).
    Ideal as a first job

Cons

If you're constantly seeking new challenges and like to learn, this is not a place for you, you'll get bored soon. Not many people last more than 2 years, unless they get promoted to a higher position.
    Lack of career opportunities, too many 1st level roles and too few 2nd level and mentor roles.
    Salary - it's below average and don't expect a raise more often than once in a few years.
    Some processes are ineffective and it takes ages to change them.

Hire less people for more money. Use some monitoring software to track how do your employees use their 8 hours of time to determine how many people you really need.

A Bright Spot in a Difficult Industry

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional I in Beaverton, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional I in Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very supportive subject matter experts, incredibly patient management, pay was fair for the area, never had to want for hours, training was paid at full pay. mistakes were accepted without significant repercussions, co-workers were nice and personable. Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company.

Cons

Training failed to cover the majority of what was needed and my instructor asked to be supplied with prescription drugs. You only get one raise and then your income is fixed. Tier 1 tech, tier 2 tech and SMEs all make about the same money despite the vast difference in responsibility. Lunches were scheduled for an hour but were often cut to a half hour to force overtime. Mandatory overtime lasted for months as well. All time off the phone came out of breaks so going to the bathroom meant shorter or even no breaks. This was due to the client, not stream but this was still an annoyance.

Reward success with more than a title change. More should separate Tier I, II and SMEs than a dime an hour. The benefits were so low as to be completely worthless. I would suggest offering an Obama care compliant health plan, a one to one match on paychecks instead of the 25 percent match offered for the 401k.

Not too shabby

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

Worked with great people, good morale inside the building. There was a on site cafeteria that actually served some great food even healthy choices

Cons

Leads were sometimes unreachable. Would have been better if it seemed like they knew what reps actually went through on the phone

None

Not secure future

Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

easy, flexible and relaxed work. Above average culture with a lot of whiners, They hire anyone

Cons

shift rotation, no career progress. Your manager can and will screw you whenever h wants

Take car of your agents, and try to provide fair chances for all

tech support

Current Employee - Tech Support Professional in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Tech Support Professional in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you can have as long as calls as you want the people are great. you don't have to deal with the billing and other issues

Cons

convergys took over the company and running it into the ground. it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center! I enjoyed the android operations systems tech support and fixed many issues. to bad they think that you are just a number even if you perform very well, you are all the same and very disspoable.

Stream Global Services Photos