Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello

Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • good environment to work and good people as well(in 10 reviews)

• Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center(in 18 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach(in 13 reviews)

Cool place to work

Prosnice co-workers
    nice managers
    decent work schedules if your stats are good.

Conslack of bonus
    lack of pay increasements

Advice to Senior Managementgive more pay incentives like other call centers

OK no longer there

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Vermillion, SD (US)

ProsPros – If you apply yourself you can make a good wage and have a good overall workplace environment. I do feel that my upper management like my manager, and center manager care about me as a person, not just as a sales person.

ConsThe countless reports have to stop. The iPad registers are fantastic, but its a tool, if you dont use it 90% of the time, I have a manager up my behind asking why. Its a tool to better server our customer, but you have us on such a short leash that if we dont use it we get in trouble, and for what? The only reason I see is to justify the amount of money you pad to apple to get the devices. The same goes for the Payment Kiosk, we cant take payments for customers at our station, why? When I'm in a customers account taking a payment it gives me the opportunity to add features, if they use the Kiosk I get no such chance, its a wasted opportunity, but hey you have to justify buying all those kiosks, or "tools" so we better have all our customers use that station. Next thing you know I'm going to have a report outlining why I use the orange highlighter more than the yellow, or a blue pen vs a black. All these reports justifying the purchase of tools to help me, just slow us down because we're all paranoid, if we've used the mobile opus enough or not.

Customer Service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsSome nice colleagues and a muffin on Fridays.

ConsAbsolutely atrocious systems to work with. It was difficult to keep track of your cases as they stopped appearing on your screen if someone else added anything to the history. Very few took real responsibility and would only just read the top comment and/or respond with a quick fix, resulting in several cases not being solved at all. Instead they skipped between different members of the team and grew larger and more complicated with every call and attempt to solve the case. They started out as simple but were constantly delayed, neglected and complicated with very angry customers as a result. It all just piled up and there was nothing we could do as the system in which we worked were broken in itself.

There was initially a bonus system which empathized quality but it was really all about quantity anyway and we were mainly praised for the number of cases handled. It all created an environment in which it was very difficult to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think this is a place where stars are born or talent gather. With that said I think there was potential in a few, I just wish they would have had a clearer view of what it is to be a leader. Most of them were stuck between the role of a leader and the will to be just like everyone else and keep friendly with all of the employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No loyalty to employees at all

Customer Support Professional (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

ProsLearned how to do customer service and do it well. Good team to work with, management not so much.

ConsRude and arrogant managers, no sympathy for any employee concerns, did not care if we kept our jobs when the contract division went away. Basically had to reapply to stay put every 8 months to a year. No real raises unless you switched to a higher paying contract (which was hard.) Finally managed to get off of the phones for hard work, only to have Stream take it back 3 months later. Zero realistic chance for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and stop treating people like things to be used and discarded.

Dead end

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsColleagues are great, not much else

ConsTerrible management, useless HR department, blatant favouritism especially in relation to internal promotions, very detrimental to morale

Avoid if possible

Customer Service and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsThey promote from within, they have many bonus'.

ConsThe bonuses you have to wait three months to get and if you quit during that time you get nothing.
    The promotions come based on favourtism not skill or training.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should re-evaluate who hire and promotes.

They lie about what you'll be doing

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee)

Prosokay pay, decent training, and a nice break room.

ConsWas told i would not be doing sales in any form, then just after training was told our training group was to be part of a new program where we handle tech support, billing and sales, and would be going into training for sales. Those of us who did not want to do this were told flat out we could put our resignations in.

In the end I quit due to them not understanding the whole "I cannot get to work as early as you are asking because I take the bus", even though during the entire interview and training process they told us they'd work with people who took the bus to ensure they could get to work.

Really Professional services.

Support Professional (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsPolicies which are mandatory for everyone in the organisation and I have observed everyone is following that.

ConsTravelling issue as the office is located far away from my home.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuperb you guys are doing amazing job.

Not a bad place to work, not great either.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual dress and friendly atmosphere.

ConsNot much as far as pay or a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

A skin-thickening learning experience that equipped me for further opportunities with other companies.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned a lot about working in an office environment, dealing with time-sensitive projects, and was able to develop a variety of skills that have helped me elsewhere in my career.

ConsPromotions were few and far between, raises even moreso. It's also not for people who can't deal with being yelled at on the phone (which happened quite a bit, obviously).

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people who are good at their jobs before they get burnt out.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!