Stryker

Stryker Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo

Kevin A. Lobo

Pros
  • Great work life balance, You will find great flexibility to work with no micromanagement(in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, nice coworkers, hr is involved with company events etc(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance(in 33 reviews)

• The long hours taking care of account(in 20 reviews)

Excellent company to work for

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

Pros- Great focus on development and growth
    - Always opportunities to be challenged
    - If you work hard you will be appreciated and rewarded
    - Culture very focused on relationships

Cons- You will not last long unless you work hard and are committed to very high quality work
    - Can be an intense environment to work in

My experience at Stryker Sydney

(Current Employee)

ProsConveniently placed office near restaurants
    Internal gym
    Clean offices

ConsSydney office is a boys club unfortunately where 'anything but' is often excluded. Unfortunately also heard many derogatory comments about others based on who they are - very unprofessional.
    Heard manager tell another staff member publicly that 'you dont fit in here at Stryker'
    Success often depends on how good you are on the football field...just ridiculous.
    Training is poor and my manager would take credit for others work and not waste any time apportioning blame.
    Behaviour is frequently unprofessional.
    A lot of favouratism is shown towards the people with the biggest biceps.
    Turnover is extremely high with extremely poor morale.
    Quite common to see people not work out because of poor guidance and communication - also a culture that allows managers to blame their new starters for 'not being right for Stryker when in fact the manager isnt doing the right thing.
    Unfortunately had something said by my manager (will not share as it is personal and will identify me) which was the most unprofessional - and insulting thing I have ever heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy team has extremely poor morale - rather than band aid solutions you should consider what is causing this from a human resources perspective and stop showing favouratism to people who are trouble makers - there is so much unhappiness because some people are getting away with very unprofessional behaviour that is not appropriate to a modern workforce. Remember that trouble makers cost you a lot of money and that poor reputation in local market follows.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Seniors need to go

Some great people

Conswork in silo
    Hardly any communication
    No career progression plan
    Senior management do not care about their employees
    Gentlemen club

Advice to Senior ManagementGallup need to go
    some leadership people been there too long and get all glory of others work. Company do not encourage internal promotion.
    Too much favourtism

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Place

ProsGood food
    great work place
    work life balance

ConsThere are not enough parking space in this building

Advice to Senior Managementgood management

Best job ever

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsThe money is the best

ConsDevice failures is the worst

Advice to Senior ManagementListen up

Career Company -World Class

ProsGreat pay and company culture; eat what you kill; best in class products; great benefits and training; they do a great job refreshing products every few years; Great position for a sales rep-they leave you alone as long as you hit your number

Consterritory can make or break you; it is hard to find an opening in a territory worth taking over; advancement is difficult as a result

Great company with growth opportunities

Supply Chain (Current Employee) Mahwah, NJ (US)

ProsThere are many opportunities for those who are ambitious.

ConsSystems need to be upgraded

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in systems upgrades

Great Enviroment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture of the company has been the best out of any of my previous experiences. Everyone is willing to help an intern. There are many fun events and activities that the company provides for their employees; free Six Flag event, basketball tournaments, etc.

ConsThe intern to full time employee is not as high as I would want it to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep more talented interns.

Satisfying

QA Manager (Current Employee) San Juan, PR (US)

ProsFamily Culture Driven, Flexiblity, Challenges

ConsBenefits
    Lack of structure within roles and responsibilites

Advice to Senior ManagementTake those that are your key players and protect them, recognize consistency and what you want to be repeated

Great company to work for!

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsCulture, training, independence, flexibility, work- life balance

ConsHigh employee mobility (internally) even in key roles

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!