SuccessFactors

SuccessFactors Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

SuccessFactors President Shawn Price

Shawn Price

Pros
  • ment proviuded (phone, Ipad etc), ability to work from home, and some good people(in 13 reviews)

• Great people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • SAPs purchase of Successfactors has negatively impacted Work/Life balance(in 22 reviews)

• SFSF is a pay-for-performance company so one of the key tasks is setting and achieving specific goals each year(in 5 reviews)

Opportunities Abound

Director of Business Architecture - Asia Pacific, Japan (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsIn 18 months of working with SuccessFactors I have been given so many opportunities to help customers transform their business through Human Capital Management. SuccessFactors has provided me with the opportunity to work internationally and develop my skills. This is a high-paced environment that requires hard work but rewards their employees well.

ConsBefore the acquisition by SAP resources were limited sometimes it felt like putting the wings on the plane while we were flying it; however, since the acquistion we have had more resources and still operate like a smaller "start-up" I like the fact that the SuccessFactors Culture had continued on since the acquisition

Not a great experience

Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsGood equi[ment proviuded (phone, Ipad etc), ability to work from home, and some good people

ConsOverloaded with client work, pretty much on 24/7 across multiple time zones. Some knowledge silos and a pass the buck attitude. Inability to look at some fundamental product issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back and look at the real product issues particularly around module integration.

work in SAP labs China,good life and work balance,average salary

Pros1.an sap company,sounds great
    2.colleagues are all great guys,very happy to work with them

Cons1.compared to local Internet company ,salary is lack of competitiveness.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Feeling enthusiased!!!!!!!!

Software Intern (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prostalented people
    good environment for growth

Consnothing much about it at all

Advice to Senior Managementnothing/.!!!!!

Lead QA

Lead QA (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood quality work, no same old boring work always. Challenging work will be thrown at you always & you need to be attentive to get it done.

ConsAt times the work will be hectic but at the same time you can enjoy the challenge.

Times have changed, not a good place to be

Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThe company used to be transparent, open, full of team work and spirit. The good ole days are gone.

ConsSAP really took over the company culture to start 2014 and it has been a train wreck. There is no SF identity anymore. SAP is completely disconnected to SuccessFactors market needs, they have just been making the company more SAP like....but they could have stood to gain much more if they leveraged SF strengths more effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to make SF, SAP. The company was awesome and had great market presence before you began bleeding it.

Good product lines, great people, lose a bit of its focus after being acquired by SAP.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups. Cloud is in the company's DNA. This is a place to be to learn as much about Cloud products.

ConsThe environment is too distributed, your team likely spans 3-4 timezones/countries. Not all teams match the demands, which caused quite a bit of conflicts. Quite a bit of "protecting my territory" around groups/teams. The company lost its focus & agility post SAP acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out for those single-point-of-failure situations. There are quite a few of that.

Boys Club - Kiss Up to The Right Ones

N/A (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGood pay - but does it matter when there is nothing but a self-promoting, backstabbing culture.

ConsPolitics, self-promotion, every person for themselves, old hardline Oracle-style dog eat, dog world.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone - it's over for them! The management team (from the beginning and whatever is left) is focused on one thing - how do I ingratiate myself to SAP management? Nothing else matters to them.

It was good until they changed sr. mgmt

Program Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood people; lots of good solid work experience

ConsCrazy workloads, lots of backstabbing to get ahead. Things may have changed since CEO exited. Former CEO known to publicly chastise anyone who questioned him (after inviting open dialogue because he was building a culture of transparency.) This was done in email trails for the entire company to see. Demoralizing. You learned quickly to keep your questions or suggestions to yourself if anything you had to say was in opposition to what the CEO said or did.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully work-life balance has improved with SAP acquisition. Marathon workweeks are fine for the exceptional project; they are not fine as a lifestyle.

Great company, adjusting to SAP

Senior Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat culture. Winning. Great products and levels of commitment. Good cross functional relations and willingness to be nimble. Deep SAP pockets will help with investment in products and access to SAP customers.

ConsThe SAP acquisition, by definition, brings change and a more hierarchical management style which is antithetical to how Successfactors head operated and succeeded.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!