Sun Products Corporation

Sun Products Corporation Reviews

Updated 17 September 2014
Updated 17 September 2014
3.3

Sun Products Corporation Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey P. Ansell
Jeffrey P. Ansell

No Coherent management organization

Current Employee - Forklift  in  Bowling Green, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Forklift in Bowling Green, KY (US)

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

slightly better pay than others, healthcare from day one, paid uniforms.

Cons

I spend most days doing and undoing the same thing due to different managers changing plans. The company seems to care for its employees but I have seen more evidence to the contrary.

Pay a little more and stop requiring so much overtime

Very good job.

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked with alot of great people.

Cons

Disconnect between corporate and plant.

Use the knowledge of their employees.

Great people who are undervalued.

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time

Pros

Great people, excellent company values, good pay and generous benefits. The Bowling Green plant has some of the best people I've ever had the chance to work with. It makes coming to work worthwhile on the tough days. And there are very tough days. New plant director has the right ideas and his leadership is much stronger than those in the past. Clean, safe facility.

Cons

Lack of valuing the people we have and the experiences and knowledge they bring with them. Taking people for granted. Too much of "This is what we are doing", instead of "This is what we have in mind. What do you think?" Issues brought to the attention of leaders are not addressed and continue to cause frustration. Hoping recent hires stay because we need them. They will only stay if we value them and treat them as important. Corporate doesn't understand the needs at the plant level and often gets in the way of progress.

Don't just take the word of your direct reports. Get into the organization and ask people, anonymously (what does that say?), to tell the truth about their leaders, their work expectations, and their commitment level to the company. Many frustrations and good people are looking elsewhere. Why don't we do 360 performance reviews? It's needed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Current manager

Current Employee - Customer Development Manager  in  Wilton, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Development Manager in Wilton, CT (US)

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people! Good benefits, but beware, the company is eliminating benefits to save money (education assistance).

Cons

This place will make you age quickly. People work hard and make huge contributions, but lack of direction and recognition hurts morale.

I used to work for a company that had good HR leadership. Sun needs to upgrade in this area. Makes a big difference.

Strong strategy, weak culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilton, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT (US)

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Management has strong grasp of issues, appears to have good strategy for growth
    - Attracts highly talented people
    - Great benefits

Cons

- Low pay
    - High turnover
    - Excessive workload

Give overworked, underpaid employees a good reason to stick it out with the company

Headed in right direction, but serious morale problem.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bowling Green, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY (US)

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is pretty good, depending on which department you find yourself in. Some of the managers are great, some are terrible. Nepotism seems to have run rampant in the past. It looks like upper management is trying to take care of that by demoting unqualified managers.

Cons

The main complaint would be the overall attitude of most of the employees. It is usually a generally grumpy place. Most departments stay understaffed, so mandatory overtime is a monthly to weekly occurrence, depending on your department.

Put more of an emphasis on educating everyone on Kaizen/LSS. Continue to work on improving workplace morale. The place has improved tremendously in Bowling Green since Terry Walsh took over.

It payed the bills.

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

Good hourly rate pays the bills, good medical insurance, fun co-workers, close to home, clean working conditions, upheld safety standards.

Cons

Plant shut down on June 27, 2014, need to look for new job, miss working with co-workers, not knowing what is head for the future.

Hard work in a challenging category, but plenty of opportunity to make an impact.

Current Employee - Director  in  Wilton, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Wilton, CT (US)

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small company feel with an outsized business (Household Cleaning) keeps the pace very fast. Limited management layers keeps you connected with leadership. Plenty of opportunity to make a name for yourself.

Cons

Historic, competitive market is very demanding on your time. Lots of pressure to move fast which forces decisions that can be reactionary.

Continue to think lean and mean and with resources that are absolutely essential to the goal.

Great place to work with a lot of advancement opportunities available.

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Baltimore, MD (US)

Pros

Very stable job, great people, talented management

Cons

They moved and closed our plant.

Thank you, keep up the good work.

"Challenging work but, employees don't get recognized for their personal daily accomplishments"

Current Employee - Chemist  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Chemist in Baltimore, MD (US)

Pros

It's a job and nowadays, that says a lot.

Cons

When you're owned by an equity firm (Vestar in this case), don't expect much as far as pay and benefits. Company doesn't recognize employee's skills and talents.

Listen to your employees more and make them feel like they're part of the company. Develop their skill sets no matter what jobs they do.

Worked for Sun Products Corporation? Contribute to the Community!