SunGard

SunGard Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

SunGard President, CEO and Director Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Pros
  • If you are put in right project they work life balance would be excellent(in 38 reviews)

• flexible work times, easy work environment, good salary, good work life balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Though upper management is overly dependent on micro management(in 12 reviews)

• Very fragmented structure with multiple business units , complicated communications(in 9 reviews)

Not the best company in the world

ProsForcing of bad technologies and products

ConsSalary isn't bad, Working hours are relativly standard, there isn't overtime.

SunGard

ProsThe benefits at SunGard are good.

ConsThe management at SunGard (at least in my business unit) makes terrible decisions.

Opportunities, level of autonomy very dependent on segment/dept that you work in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGenerally little micro-management, able to work independently with relative autonomy. Often given responsibility within short time of joining.
    Strong products in most areas
    Most managers allow some working from home although not formally implemented

ConsLittle training/development although management/HR are trying to address this
    Big focus on cost & bottom line
    Working practices dependent on manager
    Business segments are silo-ed with minimal opportunity to move across
    Frequent reorgs and structural changes

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are serious about training and development, you need to allocate resources and money and apply it across the board to all functions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of job to do in order to achieve the theoretical values

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) La Goulette (Tunisia)

Prossalary, trainings, values, holiday balance

Conshuman dimension , carrer path, management of the 24/7 operations

Advice to Senior Managementyou need to fill the gap between theorical values and the reality of the business on the groud

Treated a 24/ 7 job like a 9 to 5. No incentives. Poor managment.

Mid Range Specialist II (Current Employee) Carlstadt, NJ (US)

ProsSome of the folks that work at Sungard are enjoyable to work with. The hours when employed were nice and convenient.

ConsThe Management is absolutely heartless. When Sungard acquired Comdisco, they of course promised the world. They decided to fire people the week before christmas. Made a comment to my manager which he didn't like. F' him. I hate this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire

Once great, now slowly sinking.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ (US)

Proswages can be competitive and there's a good chance you'll run into some excellent people all throughout the organization that are great at their job and excellent to work with. They do attract some good talent.

ConsAnnual reorgs for no apparent reason. unless you're upper management or sales you won't be raking in big bonuses and perks but they are there. Massive drive to move everything possible to Florida, but again unless you're high enough up relocation help isn't available. Layoffs/downsizing/rightsizing seem to be happening more and more frequently with a big push to get and stay very lean. Work Life balance has become non-existant for many, depending on your role/department. Benefits get worse and worse each year.

Advice to Senior Managementthe company is TOO lean, with many co-workers working 6 days a week just to keep up, with no compensation for doing so. Forcing older workers out in favor of hiring someone with no experience for less in FL is seriously draining the knowledge base of Sungard's products and it is being reflected in the increasingly unhappy customer base.

Unfocused in the market, uncommunicative to employees

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance
    Excellent and competent peer co-workers
    Decent benefits

ConsUnfocused product strategy; the company can't seem to decide between building or buying, which confuses the market as well.
    Very little communication between management and employees leaves you guessing as to how to benchmark your own performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to your employees what is expected of them and provide professional training and development if they lack specific skills.

The company is just okay to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is just okay to work with

ConsPlease do not join Iworks BU and in SunGard layoffs are huge nowadays

Product Manager

Product Manager (Former Employee) Bedford, MA (US)

ProsLarge company. Good management and smart people.

ConsOlder technology. Every problem is a fire drill.

overall good place to work

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood work life and environment
    Good team collaboration interaction
    lots of people willing to help

ConsThere were some times where it was necessary to work late hours to finish the job at hand.
    Some tasks may be repetitive

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract more with the people and improve communication.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!