SunGard

SunGard Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

SunGard President, CEO and Director Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Pros
  • If you are put in right project they work life balance would be excellent (in 39 reviews)

• flexible work times, easy work environment, good salary, good work life balance (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Though upper management is overly dependent on micro management (in 12 reviews)

• Very fragmented structure with multiple business units , complicated communications (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Sales Methodology and follow up, weak on R&D and overall motivation of staff

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsDecent pay, diversity of people due to multiple acquisitions, global reach, good training and incentives for sales people. Some segments are doing very well with above par products and people.

ConsToo conservative on innovation, lack of investment and ambition on R&D, synergies between various segments very limited. One weak segment can drag the reputation of the whole company down.

Advice to Senior ManagementLimit the reach and size and stick to what SunGard does best: Back and Middle Office, Accounting systems and Risk spin-off or sell under performing segments.

Work culture is pretty good Have WFH facility.

Test Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood company to work in.

ConsHave good work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementSudden change in upper management , reflects the produtivity

Good company with limited career growth

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsNice perks: Can work from home from time to time, great gifts on your 5-10-15 years at work.

Smart developers

Constantly improving the release cycle and following the best practices.

ConsRe-organization can happen frequently so this can be stressful.

Depending on the above, you can have a manager that doesn't share the same vision or ideas at all with the previous one so you will need to adapt.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work-life balance, poor career opportunities

Business Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe work-life balance is probably the best I've had in my career. And for around a year, there's the ability to learn both the technological and business-based aspects of your role.

ConsOnce you've been in the job a while, boredom tends to creep in. There is realistically very little chance of career progression owing to the acquisition-based nature of the company, meaning teams work in silos without much interaction across products, let alone departments and divisions. The compensation package is not fantastic, but owing to the good work-life balance, it's acceptable. Senior management can be based in another part of the globe, meaning you don't have any contact with them from one year to the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer progression for employees needs to improve, otherwise good talent will always be on the look out for jobs elsewhere. Senior management needs to improve interaction with it's staff.

over all good experience

ProsGreat Salary and Benefits, work from home allowed

Constoo many reorg is not good for the company and employees either

Advice to Senior Managementplease do not reorg too much

Love my coworkers

ProsI have an amazing group of coworkers, which is one the reasons that I have stayed as long as I have.
    My immediate managers are caring and genuinely look out for those people who work under them .

ConsLack of concern for employee morale, limited ability to move up in the company, high benefit copays and stagnant salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the lack of even basic loving raises and the increased cost of benefits, many employees are making less than they did years ago.

Good company to settle down. Not sure after the acquisition by Datatel

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThe higher education sector - Laid back, Life - Work balance (i know), excellent opportunities for learning for freshers, safe for women

ConsThe typical in any small organization. long term-ers and politicians.. as long as you are not wronging anyone, it's a good organization to be there.

Sales-led, Product-centric organisation with minimal integration

Pros1. Occasional interesting / intelligent people which makes the day shine.

2. Flexible working hours.

Cons1. Inter-product politics has led to significant challenges when implementing solutions comprising of multiple products.

2. Ageing products controlled by a handful of old-timers.

3. Confusing titles, responsibilities and seniority.

4. Limited career prospect, below average salary and thankless work.

5. Obsessed with meeting sales and revenue targets.

I had an overall positive experience interviewing with SunGard

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThey offered more than I expected. Office culture seems to be very laid back.

ConsI haven't started working yet so I have none to speak of so far

Diverse, Positive, Open

ProsTransparency, Multi-ethnic, Many opportunities to learn

ConsSome days can be slow

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being transparent and open

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!