Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Sunrise Senior Living CEO Chris Winkle

Chris Winkle

Pros
  • I met so many wonderful team members that I am honored to have worked with(in 17 reviews)

• Love the residents you are able to transfer(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Occassionally have to work long hours and the additional effort is not always recognised(in 9 reviews)

• The only thing upper management cares about is the budget and making money(in 8 reviews)

Strong commitment to uphold the mission and philosophies for both residents, their families and our amazing team members

Executive Director (Current Employee)

ProsI researched Sunrise Senior Living before my first interview. When I walked in the front door, I knew then that I had found my place! I wanted to work for a company that would put the residents first, and respect the team members who work so hard everyday to accomplish just that - putting residents and their care, first. Our front line team members are the backbone of our community - we could not have the success that we do without their heart and soul. Sunrise truly takes care of their employees - there is opportunity to grow, if you are dedicated and put forth the effort. I have worked in this industry with other leading companies, but Sunrise is the only one who stands true to their mission statement - to "Champion the Quality of Life for Seniors."

ConsIt is a challenge to form such close relationships with our residents and know that we are the last stop in their journey. But that is the positive, making a difference in their day, everyday! Sunrise does a great job in placing the focus on resident care and quality days. It is always hard to say good-bye to our residents.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope they continue to embrace training for all team members who join our communities - it helps provide the necessary tools for their success.

Wellness nurse

RN Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) Carmel, IN (US)

ProsLove the residents and staff.

ConsCan be short staffed at times

My experience at Sunrise was positive and life-changing.

Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) Gurnee, IL (US)

ProsThe co-workers are amazing, the residents are fun to be around and it's a very personally rewarding job.

ConsIt's tough work and long hours!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for new hires-I had a ton of training and felt like I was a better care manager because of it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Staff Care for their Residents

Assisted Living Care Giver/LVN Med Care Manager (Current Employee) Yorba Linda, CA (US)

ProsA great place to get your foot in the door. A beautiful community to grow and learn. The staff as well as the residents are the friendliest people ever. Everyone is welcoming and warm and the facility in Yorba Linda is clean and smells like a normal place + cookies! I am overjoyed for the opportunity to be employed by Sunrise in Yorba Linda.

ConsI have no cons to talk about this facility. Everything is truly excellent and I cannot think of a better place to have started my working experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Sunrise needs to break through the clouds and shine some light.

Concierge (Current Employee) Edgewater, NJ (US)

ProsGreat work environment, of course, depending on the team members. The residents are what you really strive for.

ConsThey've always expressed their interest in promoting from within but as of the past couple of years in the Northeastern NJ region, there seems to be little if none of that happening. I've been an employee with Sunrise for 7 years [on and off] and in serveral communities with much experience but after my fourth try at a managerial position, I've yet to get the tools or advice I need to professionally grow in this company.

LPN Medication care manager

ProsPeople are nice, residents are mostly nice. Opportunity for new grad LPN

ConsSchedule is always mess up. They would put me to work every weekend, even if you ask for a day off, they may still schedule you to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect people's schedule.

Work in progress

HCC (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

Prosresidents, flexible, beautiful, several locations

Conspay, cost for residents, turnover, short

Advice to Senior Management.

My experience has been positive

Concierge (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA (US)

ProsThe staff works as a team at the facility I am at. I occasionally help out at another Sunrise and the staff there are not as friendly.

ConsNo letting the job get to you. The residents are getting older as we all do and its hard to see them pass.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire within. I was told in the beginning that Sunrise hires within. I was hoping to get more hours but was told that another person would be hired to share hours.

Great Part time employment

Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsGood work hours and good management

ConsPay is low for new hires.

Routine

Licensed Practical Nurse/Medication Aide (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA (US)

ProsFriendly residents, most staff are friendly

ConsNot persistent scheduling, Need you when they need you

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!