Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi

Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • They offered work from home opportunities at one point (in 14 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on (in 10 reviews)

• have got night shifts and have to follow international calender (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

its really awesome experience working with sutherland

Technical Support (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

Prosyou can gain more knowledge and best start for the beginners
    program which i worked was fun filled

Consmain concerns are the hikes and perks which should be given at least 15- 20 % that why every one moving out

Perfection or fired

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers! Would be easy to unionize!

ConsConstant surveillance, management encourages and rewards spying on co-workers in a very intrusive and unkind way.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little more lassitude to gain employee loyalty.

Team manager operations.. handling span of 30 includes SME's

Team Manager (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

Prosexcellent infra structure to work

Consless growth opportunities and recognition

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work at Home - Customer Care Consultant

WAH Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsI love the flexibility that working from home provides! No commute - no road rage (lol), no brownbag lunch or fast food expense.

ConsI sometimes miss having face-to-face communication with coworkers

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening to your employees. We want to do a good job but sometimes need more support on systems

educating, demanding, but tiring cycle of work

Client Service Executive (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

Prosenvironment, colleagues, trainers, experience, benefits, good career advancement

Conspolitics, unrelenting pressure on growth and work, overly target- oriented,leave application or time off policies

My experience at Sutherland Global Service was very outstanding and I enjoyed being a part of the team.

Turbo Tax Consultant (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY (US)

ProsTHe pro s were that I met and got along with many people in the same situation as I and the perks that Sutherland offered to its employees helped with not being too competitive but being more friendly and compassionate to others.

ConsThecons were that even though I was only there for a short time, I enjoyed the benefits that were offered to me as an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management was very commendable, kind and were very open and compassionate toward others. THey are very kind hearted and loveing people that were not just supervisors but went above and beyond for its employees and treated people equally and with much respect.

Very good

Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood work culture, easy money, no strings attached

ConsGraveyard shifts, faulty computers, very bad mangement

Continuous learning will help you improve your personality and promotion

Senior Quality Specialist (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsThe work is easy and you should be customer centric rather than company centric. You'll need to check all the possible ways to help the customers which will help you reach your metrics. Smart working is greater than hard working. Never miss an opportunity to lead a group or any responsibility. Always spend at least extra 15 minutes after your shift to learn more about your job. This will help you learn more about your job and your job expectations.

ConsExtended shift timing due to lack of employees and continuous long shifts during November - January. This is applicable to Amazon program alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter avoid squeezing the employees during seasons but try to understand their need for adequate rest of body and mind which will help them become more productive. You can provide at least Rs.5000/- incentive to all employees regardless of metrics achievement. This is motivate the employees to contribute more.

Overall Great Place to Work

Case Manager (Former Employee) Henrietta, NY (US)

ProsThe culture, people and activities

ConsThe pay rate and room for growth was limited

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

An excellent employer

Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Cochin (India)

ProsAn awesome place to learn and grow. Yet there are several people who are in SGS for a longer time without any benefit either monetary nor in position. It is all depends on the project and the team size. Before I joined in Sutherland, I was working in a MNC giant. I did not get benefits like Sutherland like swap in shift timings, leave approval etc.

ConsFrequent job cuts. There were 100s of people lost their job in 2013. People who joined as an Associate long back are the current managers of Sutherland. It is not that good to run a project with these people which may end up in project shutdown and results in layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeir management people who have wide exposure. If you heir new people definitely there are chances for new ideas which will result in efficiency in business.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!