T.G.I. Friday's

Updated 23 January 2015
2.9

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd
Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • It was a great way to work through college and make decent money with a flexible schedule (in 26 reviews)

• The company prioritizes the importance of having a fun environment for both the guests and the employees (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours depending upon position but worth the money (in 18 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall a great , fun place to work

Former Employee - General Manager in Melbourne
    Former Employee - General Manager in Melbourne

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

In general, a fun job most of the time. Great people, great atmosphere, both a social and a hard working environment combined. Good salary compared to industry standards

Cons

A lack of support from senior management unfortunately ruins what is otherwise a great place to work. Expect to give every pound of flesh for the money you receive.

Treat your management teams with more respect and support, recognise achievements rather than constantly picking faults. Inforce a 40 hour work week for your managers and make it happen, and you'll have less turnover.

Great Training

Current Employee - Waiter in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Waiter in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Company is on the forefront of training and sale theory

Cons

Fast at ideas... Slow at putting the ideas to work.

WORST MANAGEMENT

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

your team will be amazing! there are a ton of great servers at Fridays and you'll really understand the value of teamwork.

Cons

Management sucks! They are literally insane. Sure we are salesman but we cant force people to buy food it becomes annoying.

Get it together. A lot of you have so much up your selves that you forget that us servers are people too.

Coupons Coupons Coupons .Warrington.

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Great management team -- give or take a few managers
    Friendly co workers -- everyone gets along
    Understanding staff --- everyone is willing to answer any questions

This place isn't totally bad despite what it may say in my cons --- it's a great place to learn how to serve but if you already have experience serving I suggest you find some where else to really capitalize on your gains. The coupons are killers --- even if all of the managers agreed there is NOTHING they can do about the coupons. That's a corporate concern and unfortunately we get killed with them.

Cons

coupons

There are thousands of coupons and the customers tend to tip off of the discounted price

Disorganized--- people get triple sat (sat with three tables at once) all of the time and they tend to schedule people all of the holidays. As opposed to working Christmas and not New Year's Eve/ day.

Scheduling is frustrating because you must really take off two weeks in advance and if you didn't know about something two weeks in advance its hard to find someone to cover for you.

Secret shops --- also a HUGE frustration because even though you complain (or ask to not be triple sat) you get sat like this anyway and it's near impossible to greet all of those tables within the 30second greeting period which effects the shop and you get written up for a bad shop. It's also difficult when the food checks are running 40 minutes and they send out some of the food, not all. AND when the bar doesn't have glassware and can't make your drinks. Very disorganized making it hard to do the "Friday's service style" which you BETTER LEARN TO DO RELENTLESSLY AT EVERY SINGLE TABLE.

Good or Bad depending on the person

Former Employee - Waitress in Richmond, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Waitress in Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

You definitely get great tips especially on Friday night, I averaged around 40-50 dollars a night (I was still new) while some of my associates were at 100-120 a night. All the associates are fun people and management was very nice and understanding whenever I made a mistake. It was very easy to call out when I had an emergency and I was not penalized or yelled at for it. Good work is always recognized. Management team worked hard to ensure that the waitstaff knew their stuff and was not clueless. My trainers did great working with me and answering all my questions. The job was literally right down the street almost walking distance.

Cons

Long long nights. Sometimes I would not get home until 2:30-3am. My schedule was never correct like it would say 4-10 but I would really be closing which means i didn't get off at 10 but at 1:30. Long hours is the only con for this place. Often times I was not told when I was cut. So I would take an extra 2 tables and had already been off but thats not really bad because hey more tips.

Make sure to tell the server when they will be getting off as much as you possibly can. I know sometimes with restaurants its hard to tell who will be cut but at least a notice would be helpful.

If you aren't flexible, this company isn't for you!

Former Employee - Beverage Manager in Woodbridge, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Beverage Manager in Woodbridge, VA (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun and lively environment! Great food! Opportunities...

Cons

Some locations very difficult to manage. Too many changes. Rules and regulations are in black and white BUT you have to work in the GREY. You are liable to start out in one location and end up commuting up to 60 miles (per company regulations)

Listen to the managers, we know what we are talking about! We are willing to work our butts off for you BUT if we see something is broken, don't just place a band-aid on it or it will never heal correctly! If we follow YOUR rules don't punish us because of it...

Great working experience

Former Employee - Bartender in Owings Mills, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Bartender in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Great money, fun, flexible, and easy to get hired.

Cons

Poor management
    Back stabbing employees
    Young work generation

Horrible management and promotions

Former Employee - Food Server
    Former Employee - Food Server

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Fun coworkers and general environment

Cons

Horrible management. Managers are focused on LBW sales and instead of rewarding for good performance, punish for poor performance. Company also promotes awful promotions ($10 apps) that attract the wrong kind of customers.

Praise instead of punish, it encourages your employees to do better.

Not good

Current Employee - Server in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Good money on some days

Cons

Not enough money on bad daus

Treat your employees better

The money can make it worth it.

Current Employee - Server in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a steady flow of customers usually, and if not then they won't hesitate to make cuts.

Cons

The food/ hospitality industry is always going to come with stresses. If you can't deal with a variety of people, then this job is not for you by any means.

I think the management could have been better at recognizing who was working hard, and who was slacking even if they had seniority.