T.G.I. Friday's

Updated 23 November 2014
2.9

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd
Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment (in 24 reviews)

• Good hours, somewhat flexible hours, great for college studens looking for a part time job (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours depending upon position but worth the money (in 17 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall a great , fun place to work

Former Employee - General Manager in Melbourne
    Former Employee - General Manager in Melbourne

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

In general, a fun job most of the time. Great people, great atmosphere, both a social and a hard working environment combined. Good salary compared to industry standards

Cons

A lack of support from senior management unfortunately ruins what is otherwise a great place to work. Expect to give every pound of flesh for the money you receive.

Treat your management teams with more respect and support, recognise achievements rather than constantly picking faults. Inforce a 40 hour work week for your managers and make it happen, and you'll have less turnover.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Hostess
    Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff. Takes you in quickly. Very fair management staff. Very clear training. Helpful to understand policies and procedures

Cons

I have only worked here for about a week so I don't have any cons yet so far so good. Loving the experience here

Hostessing in full detail after 9 months at this job

Former Employee - Hostess in Lombard, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Hostess in Lombard, IL (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours with long/good length shifts, consistent schedule, good pay for starting job, detailed computer training so all employees learn the same thing, decent benefits, fun co-workers, very LGBT friendly, could usually get time off if requested in advance, fast-paced environment, will train you for bar tending and even becoming a manager if you are willing to stay there for long enough, corporate is very responsive and you are very likely to see the company owner visiting your restaurant to check in occasionally.

Cons

Poor lower-level management- there was literally a manager who hated hosts simply because they were hosts, every manager expected something almost completely different of you so you had to change how you did your job for every shift, managers would give you a hard time and try to make you come in for calling off if you were sick. Food workers should not be allowed to ever come in to work if they are sick, we handle other people's food and this is very hazardous practice.

Had corporate-imposed rules that were not functional for real-life application and would instigate arguments with customers.
    8 AM food test meetings.
    Takes very long time to move up from hosting to serving.

Don't allow shift lead to go on break during rush on weekends if other servers aren't going to cover their section - this makes the hosts look stupid when there are open tables and a half hour wait; make sure all management is on the same page always; make it very clear that no employee who is sick, doctor's note or not, should be on a shift handling food.

No one wants to eat Fridays at 8 am - move the food testing to an evening hour.

Seems COOL to work

Current Employee - Hostess in West Nyack, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Hostess in West Nyack, NY (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly management, get busy, food and drink discounts cash tips

Cons

low hourly pay under staffing

Monitor everything

YIKES

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Richmond, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flex Shifts and food discounts it was close to my home. Bartenders have to rate each other which i think is fair.

Cons

DRAMA a lot of caddyness and cliques. drama if someone got a better schedule than you. Management was poor.

What you would expect

Former Employee - Waitress
    Former Employee - Waitress

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible, good tips, good co-workers sociable crowd

Cons

Unprofessional management who will always put business needs above yours, don't mind rotering you full time hours during your exam period if they need you.

However for a part time job it does the trick- expectations of the job were met

Less turn and burn driven, less concern about labour more focus on the guest experience.

Good work experience for myself.

Former Employee - Host/Food Runner in Bloomingdale, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Host/Food Runner in Bloomingdale, IL (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food at meetings / food demos, good food, family-like atmosphere, younger crowd for those still in school looking for some part-time cash.

Cons

There are too many meetings mandated by regional managers who you've only met twice...and tests for employees are kind of ridiculous, perhaps make them more fun and not required to attend.

Be a little more caring for your employees who work hard and make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

Fun, memorable, exhausting.

Former Employee - Host in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Host in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company prioritizes the importance of having a fun environment for both the guests and the employees. My colleagues were friendly and it was indeed an enjoyable time working there as a part-timer. I was searching for experience as a waiter and working at FRIDAYS, considered as a rather successful company, I have achieved what I was searching for.
    Employees are entitled to a certain amount of discount on main courses.

Cons

Once when they lacked of manpower, I as a host was requested to do dishwashing. Perhaps it was due to me being a new part timer. The pay for a part timer isn't exactly satisfying for the countless sacrifices and effort I've put in as an employee.

Countless traditions have been left aside. The branch I was working at in KL, did not have the infamous FRIDAYS bell where staffs would ring it when they're tipped.

working 7 year in Friday's getting opportunity learn a lot if thing

Current Employee - Sous Chef in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Sous Chef in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time

Pros

wen they hiring new employee, they teach them from the base, and it's really good for new people who just join the industry and latter know lot of thing

Cons

working with less man power to achieve maximum result

should give employee extra off wen they working on public holiday

Good entry level job with plenty of options to grow with hard work

Current Employee - Hostess in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Hostess in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If there is great communication it works really well. Airport location has high volume so you meet lots of people and business is never really slow so that means you earn an ok paycheck every two weeks. Travelers are also more likely to tip more. Majority of the staff is fun to work with so that makes it a great/fun place to work at.

Cons

If you don't work together this will create a mess. High job turnover in the host/hostess department due to long hours with guests who can sometimes be irritated or annoyed because of airport travel and or delayed flights. Management doesn't do a very great job in scheduling and leaves little time to take care of personal matters. If airplanes/travelers are delayed then you have to stay as well

Lead by example, work on creating an effective host team