T-Mobile Reviews

3.6
2,284 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • They have also been really flexible with my schedule which helps my home/work life balance (in 115 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 311 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 59 reviews)

• upper management didnt commit to their promises when it came time for promotional opportunities (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

Beware..

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Deptford
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Deptford

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Commission is great if you're a good salesperson and you work in a high volume store.

Cons

With all of the changes in the wireless industry, this company is overrun by politics. Human resources provides little help with any issues at the regional level (personal and coworker experiences). Little promotion from within.

The employees who know how the company and stores run deserve a chance at promotion over those outside of the company. Promotion from within is cheaper and isn't the number one goal of a business to maximize profit? District managers should be more professional and shouldn't show up at stores wearing t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers. Commission scale is great but there's always corrections and employees feel like they're being robbed each month.

Overall a really good company to work for

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, really good benefits, tuition reimbursement is excellent. They have also been really flexible with my schedule which helps my home/work life balance

Cons

In my personal experience, middle management can leave a lot to be desired, and leadership can be questionable

Sometimes the best leaders are not your top sales people or middle management puppets

Good place to be

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great with plenty of PTO and good pay. Relaxed environment for being a large corporation. Great people work here, very low turnover therefore you have many sources for learning. T-Mobile does a good job of hiring like-minded candidates and you can trust your coworkers to get their share of the job completed.

Cons

Sometimes you can be spread thin, however it is usually just opportunities to show how you can excel. It is balanced out with downtime other times of the year.

T-Mobile, a great company to work for

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. T-mobile is a great company to work for, they look out for their employees, but I work in a Retail Store, and its either a win or lose situation depending on who they hire for your manager.

Cons

leadership can be very unprofessional. feel as though I am being Micro Managed. Our current Retail Sales Manager is horrible, she's received several complaints from the team as well as customers, but she is somehow still employed with the company after very unethical things have bee reported on her

The BEST PLACE EVER to Work

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

T-Mobile is truly the best place I have ever worked. It is a transparent environment, we share best practices, and we are encouraged to give feedback to each other and our leaders. The benefits are unbelievable, I have never heard of another company that can beat them. It is a fun and exciting place to work.

Cons

We are constantly changing - if you don't like change, this might not be the place for you.

None,, management awesome, fair and listens to feedback

It's a larger firm and you know it, but they spend a decent amount of effort on employee spirit

Former Employee - Intern in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at T-Mobile as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, reasonably fun place to work. Good internship program for MBA's. I'd recommend this experience for MBA students for sure. The office is located in Factoria at the crossroads of 405 and I-90 which make the commute pretty reasonable.

Cons

#4 of 4 large wireless carriers in the US. Worry about long-term potential. Sometimes you feel like a number (like any large employer). The office is headquartered above a strip mall, so once you have dined at the 8 options there the choices seem a little tired and its tough to get away to eat elsewhere.

Can't complain

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

A different kind of retail, has good part time perks and pay.

Cons

Seems like the company is always focused on a new product or service to push, leaving employees with the never ending push to satisfy that focus.

Best Company to work for. You can grow. the [lace is laid back and not pveryour-shoulder as many companies are

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly groups... flexible hours....

Cons

long discussions to start a project which is somethimes unecessary

Good environment, good money, long hours.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Flushing, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Flushing, NY (US)

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great money, meet interesting people, smart staff.

Cons

Based on performance, management may increase your hours a lot.

A lot of politics, but with hard work you will be recognized.

Great job

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Interacting and educating consumers on our product , flexible hours , part time but ftime pay

Cons

Lazy managers , high turn over of employees .

Quit changing the comp plan