TASC

TASC Reviews

Updated Apr 09, 2014

TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes

John Hynes

Pros:
  • "TASC still has a lot of good people and plenty of interesting work"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Across the board, Benefits are at or above the level of their competitors; Very Work/Life Balance oriented environment"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "TASC lost its way after the divestiture from Northrop Grumman"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Senior management was usually promoted from within or at least came with a government background"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great start to my career

Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 8 years

ProsTASC is a big enough company that there are plenty of opportunities to move between projects and between careers paths.

ConsSince the divestment from Northrop Grumman TASC has lost its identity. Instead of focusing on the high-level engineering work that established TASC as a trusted partner across all government agencies, the company is now chasing any work it can find.

Silent Opinion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat potential opportunities and options

ConsLow internal working morale, lack of good leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter customer/employee sensitivity training

Good company...faulty centralization

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOne of the most awesome aspects of working at TASC is the annual education allowance. They beat everyone else hands down in this area. Certifications are also paid for over and above the educational allowance.

ConsTASC has attempted to centralize management to Chantilly. External offices are treated like outsiders, and there is a perception that favoritism is regular occurrence for anyone living in Chantilly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBiggest piece of business sense that TASC needs, is that although regular communication of vision from the top man is great, not offering or communicating how this will be precisely completed...all the way down to local office management is an outright failing. Change management WORKS, but only when there is a buy-in from the people changing. Upper management leaves local offices feeling like red-headed step-children at times. And, frankly, playing favorites with the folk that live in the management office proper...is nothing more than playing favorites. Benefit of the doubt firmly in place...it is still difficult not to see it as anything else. Other than that, top notch people...the company has a LOT of potential!

Good place to work. Challenging times.

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood people across the company. Work life balance is decent. Company recognizes contributions that over and above the job requirements and compensate accordingly.

ConsStill some growing pains with immature processes and a challenging federal contracting market. Some organizational chaos as management slims down to meet future needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the organization settle down before making anymore significant changes.

overall positive, but jury still out on the new executive leadership, which is almost exclusively from SAIC

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgenerally good salary and benefits. deep culture of big brains. tends to take a long-term view.

Consculture of the company has changed significantly in the last 4 months.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to improve internal communications and create an inclusive environment that leverages the strengths and insights of both former and new TASC employees.

Will continue to flounder until its equity partners sell the company

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)
McLean, VA (US)

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood people and some good contracts left.

ConsNo strategic management - hands tied by equity partners, seemingly powerless to deal changing gov. market, like other contractors downward pressure on pay and benefits.

Advice to Senior Managementbroaden your market, separate from equity partner, find a buyer - not likely in the current environment.

TASC has gone down hill in the past 2 years.

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility and being able to provide support to ongoing war efforts.

ConsNo promotions, no raises. Minimal opportunity for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward high value employees and get rid of the dead weight.

A great place to work...plays conservative ball.

Systems Engineer III (Former Employee)
Huntsville, AL (US)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWell positioned, well placed and knowledgeable personnel and management. I enjoyed working for them and appreciated the professional approach to my work. They appreciated my input and insights, making me feel like a part of a team.

ConsDifficulty accepting 'out of the box' solutions but pretend they do. It is hard to understand what management is thinking when they don't always share back with you. While hindsight might be 20/20 it often appears as if based on that key understanding that some of those "lessons learned" are indoctrinated back into the mix.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep close to what made the original company great, good people a sound business plan and being able to adjust fire on the fly. Embrace new ideas...downsizing hurt everyone but senior staff less so.

Property Administrator

Property Administrator (Former Employee)
Falls Church, VA (US)

I worked at TASC full-time

ProsGovernment polices slows down the process in accomplishing missions.

ConsGood management with a willingness to listen to down line employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your downline

Worst Work Experience I've Ever Had.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Fort Huachuca, AZ (US)

I worked at TASC full-time for less than a year

ProsFairly easy to get hired.

ConsAt TASC by far I witnessed and experieced the worst abuses in my career.

I worked under in an extremely toxic enviroment. I struggled to understand directions supervisors because many of them had very weak reading and writing skills, communication skills. Some of them could not touch type.

Employee abuse was on clear display, employees would often get yelled at in front of higher ups such as Project Managers. That's why no one ever went to HR, the abuse was so blatant that it was clear it was implicitly allowed.

There was 100% turnover within 6 months of me working there.

I strongly recommend to anyone to not work at Ft. Huachuca and especially not to work at TASC in Ft. Huachuca unless you are generously compinsated because you will experience to some degree this garbage. Don't even consider a job at TASC or Ft. Huachcua at all if you are just starting your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any. It was clear from my experience they are not involved in managing their Ft. Huachuca contract and have left the mid managers that are their locally to their own devices.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!

TASC Videos

TASC – Why Work for Us?

For nearly 50 years, TASC has worked on the front lines with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. Our nearly 5,000 professionals provide the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TASC reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TASC CEO John Hynes. All 93 reviews are posted anonymously by TASC employees.