TASER

Updated 3 March 2015
4.2

TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • No doors" policy makes a really friendly work environment (in 7 reviews)

• s mission is the end user, the law enforcement officer (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • hard work sometimes skews work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• No meaningful career path planning / counseling (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I really enjoy working with such passionate people.

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is passionate about their job and providing great products to improve relationships between the police and the public. With the size of company we are, every employee has responsibility and makes a difference. Every day is exciting and new. Interacting with our customers (police officers), has given me a new perspective on their jobs. Also time-off is pretty lax which is awesome!

Cons

Every company has some issues, but Taser has been working to rectify theirs. Short people in certain positions which causes extra work for others (they are working on hiring good employees to fill these spots). Lower compensation than other tech companies for certain positions, but also cheaper living in AZ than CA.

A company dedicated to creating technologies that are making the world a better place and saving lives every day.

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Passionate people, great culture, approachable leadership. This is a place that great people have the opportunity to grow and make real contributions to the company.

Cons

People here work hard, and sometimes work-life balance is skewed. TASER is growing very quickly, which is both exciting and a lot of work.

Leaders at TASER are approachable, and I encourage them to keep taking time to get in the trenches with their employees from time to time.

Happiness

Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at TASER full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture, people are fantastic to work with. CEO, CFO and executives really care for the employees, whether or they work in the factory, admin, sales and support. CEO does genuinely care for his employees work/life balance.

Cons

Health Benefits are are little high compared to other companies I've worked for.

Keep your hand on the pulse of the remote workforce.

Great place to work

I have been working at TASER (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great management and culture. salary decent

Cons

I do not have any complaints right now

Taser Intl is a fast-paced, exciting company to work for.

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Value their customers above all else, incredible people to work with, time-off policy is fantastic

Cons

Work-life balance, fast-moving also means personell changes do happen

Great Culture, Product, and Mission

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A simple way of putting this: employees were recently given a survey where they could give feedback anonymously. The results showed that most everyone in the company is very/extremely satisfied with the company overall. Very few people, if any, gave negative feedback. Remember, it was submitted anonymously. I can personally add that, after working for a handful of large profitable juggernauts, TASER is the best company culture I have encountered.
    The company seems to really care about its employees and the employees are typically passionate about what they're trying to accomplish; improving the safety of officers and the public.
    Getting into the company is not easy, there are a lot of candidates applying so stay patient - it's worth it.
    *Take negative feedback on glassdoor with a grain of salt. They are typically written by disgruntled former employees that want the last word (or poorly written review). Happy current employees (like myself) rarely think to take time out of their day to write positive feedback.

Cons

Not so much of a con, but a draw back if you're not used to it. The company is in a growth pattern so many things have to be figured out on the go. Departments have been and will continue to be shuffled into each other. Some positions may need created while others will need eliminated or redefined. It happens anywhere but this company is figuring out how to do it for the first time. They seem to be doing it well, but it's an art, not a science.

Keep focusing on employee development. The company will thrive with the best educated and motivated staff.

Good company, growing pains

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at TASER full-time

Pros

It's not just a job. There's a real opportunity to do some real societal good. A lot of people here truly believe this and it shows.
    Work-life balance is good. Leadership clearly adheres to the creed that we should have lives outside work.
    Growth is there. The new body camera business is the right product at the right time.
    Lots of opportunities for personal career growth. Company is relatively small, but expanding rapidly with a lot of work to be done.

Cons

Growing pains come as company expands. Trying to create a software-driven group is fostering some tension with the traditional manufacturing business. A lot of business processes (e.g. HR, IT, benefits, etc) are still rough around the edges and need to be better for next level growth.

Pay more attention to the little things. You can't grow if your HR, IT, etc are not world class.

Honest Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at TASER full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Being given opportunities to grow my career buy their former CFO/COO. Being trusted in, believed in feeling valued by that person. Unfortunately those opportunities are no longer given if you aren't a Grad student or and overpaid executive. Its sad but true. I also enjoyed working with the employees that helped build this co to what it was. Some are still there, but few. The products intent, is also an important reason to feel good about being a part of Taser.

Cons

CFO So many bad business decisions. And no one has the nerve to tell/challenge him. Too busy reliving his youth and trying to be like every other Big deal tech company vs focusing on why he started Taser to begin with. When the stocks up, its good. But when its not, reality is still there. That same ol toxic environment. Just my honest opinion.

The company will succeed, because the product is a good one. Quality is an issue, but with the right people I'm sure it could improve. Invest in your employees that have committed to make Taser what it was and can be. Value your employees, ALL of them. Not just the VP's or College kids. Make them want to go to work in the am. Not feel sick to. Grow a pair, be honest about whats not working.....

Peyton Place ! (Looks good on outside but inside TASER is led by incompetent mgmt and Rick Smith brown nosers

I have been working at TASER full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can get past the new interview scheme which includes Mensa questions (likely the senior team wants an answer to), you quickly can rise to your level of incompetence. There you can bask in praising Rick and being his next pull toy.

Cons

Simple. Expect low pay. Expect to report up to an executive you're smarter than. Do not expect your opinions to be valued. If you voice your opinion on paper, months later you will get your own walking papers unless you're a buddy of the senior team.

Quit.