TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)(in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable(in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings"(in 14 reviews)

TIbco is not only the place to work ..

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Pune (India)

Pros1. None. I did not find anything.

Cons1. Very less onsite opportunities. They send onsite senior managers only where it is not required.
    2. Do not have Group Anti Corruption Law Policies. Group of some idiots and unprofessional peoples can tarnish companies image.
    3. Do not have sexual harassment policies. And HR is puppet show of managers.
    4. Not recommended place for Experienced peoples.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is huge world outside tibco. Pull of some senior older managers and hire new talent.

Below market compensation

ProsVariety of Technology to work on.
    Cafe and company campus is quite nice.

ConsCompensation is way below the market rate and Management is not doing much to retain the quality resources due to these below market compensation.

Upper Management is not keen on addressing/fixing problems which employees are spotting left, right and central.

Technology stack is too wide (variety), but management is not able to generate constant revenue stream out of it, and hence the situation where unpleasant cost-cutting decisions are been pushed to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes, act on the feedbacks. It is easy to spot, and fixable (only if you have that mindset)

Do remember that - Engineering is the core for a technology company, and not the sales or support. And so compensate them accordingly. No brainer !!!

TIBCO

ProsWork from home is acceptable. Great vacation and sick benefits.

ConsUnable to advance career. Low salary possibly due to discrimination.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TIBCO is a great company to work for!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

Pros- TIBCO has really cool and fantastic products, so for technical people who want to learn and grow, it's a great place to be with a lot of opportunities.
    - People in TIBCO are very skilled and share their knowledge, which again helps other people grow and learn.
    - In Europe teams are smaller, which makes it easy to get a good working relationship with colleagues and management.
    - The management structure is pretty flat which makes direct communication with management possible.
    - Strong sense of independence among employees. You manage your own work and schedule as much as possible.
    - Great events and training opportunities.

Cons- Some flexibility is required in terms of work location as you need to be on client site.
    - Travel can be required (but can be fun as well so in my opinion not always negative - this depends on your own preference).

Advice to Senior Management- Try and find a way to compensate the inconveniences of travel for work. Many other companies have interesting arrangements for this.

Company with fantastic opportunities!

Director Human Resources - India (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsFreedom of ideation and implementation, great worklife balance, insurance programs - better than most competitors..open and respectful environment...

ConsNeed to develop processes around employee life cycles

Excellent People, Great Products

ProsEveryone is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. You have the opportunity here to work on very big and interesting solutions. The company is big enough to compete with anybody, but small enough that it is possible to move quicker and be more responsive to customers. Also, best corporate cafeteria ever!

ConsDevelopment teams are geographically dispersed, often making it difficult to coordinate across time zones. Engineering is under-staffed relative to the product goals set forth.

Great place to work

Prosgreat people, innovative products, lots of learning opportunities

Consemployee benefits could be better

Nice place to work

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

Proswork culture is great and easy going, people are friendly and they help each other, cafeteria is good, also has all other facilities on the site like gym and recreation sportes. Some smart people work here and they are willing to guide

Consdelay in hiring, should hire people quickly. higher management sometimes does not take proper decision on the right time and loose good people for work.

Advice to Senior Managementmore aggressive on new tech

hard to find a better company to work for...

Senior Architect (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Pros- people.. some of the smartest people you will ever work with...really helping and care for each other. I work in consulting division within central and it is one big happy family.
    - lots of opportunity to move around. if you know what you want to do, its is really easy to move around
    - senior management is really great..they know what they are doing.. every one is really focussed and passionate about taking TIBCO to the next level
    - product...TIBCO products are far superior than everyone else in every market where TIBCO competes....lots of learning opportunity.

Cons- in my current job, the thing i hate the most is travel...requires travel every week monday thru thursday...

- there

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue doing what you have been doing....

Innovation and brilliant staff

Regional Director Nordic (Current Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsVery exiting products , in forefront of the latest technology, as a sales person you can always find solutions means very flexible way of form the deal.

ConsQuarterly based means very hard focus on quarters. top 100 of largest customers is our prospect and they take to long time to decide

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!