TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

TIBCO has been a great career, I have learned things I never thought I would use in my work history.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsTIBCO offers the opportunity to learn new technology and leverage that into helping our clients better use our products. There are challenges every day, it is never boring and always exciting. The benefits are second to none. Time off, and health benefits are both great and cost effective with the available choices.

ConsThere is a lot to learn, and in a short time to better perform the various duties assigned to us. Training can be hard to come by, it is best learned on the fly as the SW changes rapidly. Annual reviews and raises could be better to compensate for the hard work everyone puts in to keep our clients happy with our products.

A company on the way up

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsGood salary
Great colleagues
Constant development and learning

ConsInformation around events could be better
Brand recognition in the Nordics could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to update the whole company on a regular basis on what going on result and technologywise to build a common culture, perhaps through a quarterly meeting broadcasted to all employees.

High Performance, Realization Company not just a realtime

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
Istanbul (Turkey)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsTeam working, big collaboration, transparent management. And a CEO as a role model.

ConsFast growing company not just at he customer side headcount as well. Organizational structure may have to b changed accordingly

Advice to Senior ManagementExchange more strategy with each level. Open up management positions to the new comers

Some Good people, no compassion left

Senior Solutions Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat mix of products. They have a dedicated, talented pool of people to work with. With the product set they've acquired, they can eventually solve almost any problem.

ConsWith so many products, it's hard to find the 'right' way to solve a problem. The company has morphed into a hard line numbers driven company where all that matters is EPS. There once was a time where you didn't have to fool yourself into thinking that the company cared about you or your career, that time was over a long time ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition, mentoring, promote from within. Embrace the decentralization, and trust employees that don't work at the mother ship.

They know technology, but not how to apply it.

Software Architect (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat technology, smart employees, good opportunities for cross-training.

ConsPoor work-life balance. Software sales is the bottom line. Management knows technology but not how to manage. No opportunity for advancement. Must know the products that make the sales (BW, EMS) to stay on client engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider employees work-life balance.

Better than average.

Associate Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work Life balance (generally laid-back if you like it).

The quality of work you get depends on the team you get into, but if you get into some new and upcoming products, you can learn and grow.

Decent changes of going abroad if you're in the right teams.

There are some good, smart people in a few of the teams. Generally too, people are helpful.

ConsOffice is full of people who are either just uninterested, or are too bad to get a job anywhere else.

Average age of work force is on the higher side, so there is no youthful energy.

A lot depends on the team you're into.Very bad appraisals (generally, but if you're in right teams it is up to the standards).

Average facilities, food is bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease fire more and right people. Do that often, some people only work when they're afraid of the sack.

Maintain some standards while recruiting.

Cultivate a more healthy,technical work culture.

Spend some money on the employees, it will boost the moral.

Living with objectives, forgetting results in order to challenge again !

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood earnings, lots of talented people, a lot to learn and discuss.

ConsYou can contribute freely to organisation, in the sense that very often you ha to DIY !

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat about Human resources ? ... are they there ?

Quick uptake of my Sales ability

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee)
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsAccess to great products and great online messaging

ConsFrustration around the lack of staff development and contingency planning. For a company that is growing there are parts that are just left idle.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart a "High Performance Group" People who have joined from competitors that can add value should be fastracked into senior positions.

Exciting, Innovative software company with great potential!

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat Software! TIBCO software helps solve some of today's most difficult problems and provides a great platform for innovation.

ConsIt's less about teamwork within TIBCO, more about individuals, personal agendas, and internal battles.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany culture can do with a makeover! Encourage more of a team environment, especially with product groups.

TIBCO's future growth curve is fantastic - extremely well positioned for success

Country Manager (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

Pros-Extensive international roster of customers across key verticals like Financial Services, Retail, Transportation, Oil & Gas
-Continuously evolving leading edge portfolio of solutions through R&D and key acquisitions
-Great track record of delivering solutions that Companies rely on everyday to successfully run thier businesses

Cons-Only want A-players - the bar is high

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to raise the bar - it is working. Customers, analysts and A-players are all noticing.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 328 reviews are posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.