TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for

Customer Support Manager (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsGreat culture , and always working on cutting edge technology

ConsNot using enough own technology on internal systems

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease let TIBCO stay as an independant company and grow. :)

Great technology, Great people, Crap leadership

Senior Solutions Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsMostly cool technology and colleagues who are intelligent and willing to go the extra mile. Camaraderie and social side is good. Sales conferences were good.

ConsCrap knowledge management, crap leadership, probably wil get acquired this year. Frustration with company direction. Once you get to a certain level, it's hard to get further.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a realistic look at the market and see where the opportunities are. You were on a nice track to the business with BPM, but now you've gone all techy again with Matrix. Ditch the crap software which you can't compete with (at least BAM, Portal).

Good company to work for

PSG Project Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros- Very competitive wages
    - Very family friendly
    - Great benefits
    - Exciting technology, Fast paced,

Cons- The process guidelines ar high level only only.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

ProsLots of learning opportunities.
    Many products covering many technologies. Take your pick.

ConsCompany needs to have a better performance review methodology.

Great place to work

Consultant (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGood Culture, Work-Life Balance, Autonomy, Cutting Edge technologies and Products, Opportunity to learn and excel.

ConsVariable Pay (especially if you work for services group), Change in Culture, Bad people management, you tend to get stuck if you are at the wrong project, Less motivation and empowerment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture has been the important trademark for TIBCO, don't induce policies affecting our Core Culture and Values.

Continue to do what we have doing all these years.

Good place to work at

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsPerhaps one of the most employee friendly companies in India. There are very less bureaucracy and micromanagement isn't really a part of their culture.

ConsLousy annual salary hikes unless there is a promotion. Even the best performers end up not getting more than 7%.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change the culture in the name of cost cutting or growing strength. Your culture is your biggest strength and you should keep holding on it.

Great company to work for, but not fast enough to adapt to new industry culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

ProsBig clients including many fortune 500 corporations, and great in-depth set of products. The job location is great, awful on-site cafe, flexibility to work from home, against traffic on my commute.

ConsNot fast enough to change the culture from enterprise sales based model, to cloud self-service based model that is required in today's date and time. Salary levels have dropped in comparison to industry, minimal bonus and pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt cloud based culture fast enough. Review salary levels specially at below executive level jobs.

Good company

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsAutonomy, smart people, work-life balance.

ConsIn team selling opportunities, they leave it to the reps to determine the comp split. Double comp would encourage for team selling and higher ACV and TCVs

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid of associates and managers that are not "yes' people. Listen and consider those that challenge the status quo.

Double compensate on deals where multiple reps are team selling. Many opportunities are lost because this provision is not in place.

Solution architech

Prosstable good company. Good location.

ConsNo raise. little bonus. More workload

Stuck where I'm at

Various (Current Employee)

ProsThe reason I stay at this job is location flexibility, working at home, good boss and minimal travel for my current position.

ConsThe frustrations I have working at TIBCO are low pay, minimal bonuses and pay raises, and lack of job promotion.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!