TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Those who work for TIBCO are done chasing big money unless they are very senior management"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for

Customer Support Manager (Current Employee)
Sydney

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat culture , and always working on cutting edge technology

ConsNot using enough own technology on internal systems

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease let TIBCO stay as an independant company and grow. :)

Great technology, Great people, Crap leadership

Senior Solutions Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at TIBCO Software

ProsMostly cool technology and colleagues who are intelligent and willing to go the extra mile. Camaraderie and social side is good. Sales conferences were good.

ConsCrap knowledge management, crap leadership, probably wil get acquired this year. Frustration with company direction. Once you get to a certain level, it's hard to get further.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a realistic look at the market and see where the opportunities are. You were on a nice track to the business with BPM, but now you've gone all techy again with Matrix. Ditch the crap software which you can't compete with (at least BAM, Portal).

Good company to work if you want to become tech guru

Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee)
Pune (India)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1. cutting edge technology
2.Assurance of working on new products and technology
3. Good compensation and benefits
4. If you are lucky may visit HQ in palo alto

Cons1. Seeking promotion for management role is very tough
2. You have to continuously prove that there is need of you to be in there without which you may soon become a normal person

Advice to Senior Managementneed to create opportunities for people who want to grow in higher role.

Good company to work

Technical Architect (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpen culture, smart people to work with. Good plans for growth for techie. Good work life balance. Decent compensation. Flexible in terms of working hours, work from home. Free snacks. Ping Pong and other recreational activities available.

ConsFocus on delivering quality has reduced a little over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresently the hiring policy is adhoc. Need to have stricter criteria before hiring individuals to ensure product deliverables meet quality standards that can enable it to stay ahead of the competiton.

Awesome culture

I have been working at TIBCO Software part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company is great and has awesome culture ,friendly atmosphere and provides opportunity for growth.

ConsThe company needs to innovate on new products and shift directions towards growth.

Excellent People, Great Products

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

ProsEveryone is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. You have the opportunity here to work on very big and interesting solutions. The company is big enough to compete with anybody, but small enough that it is possible to move quicker and be more responsive to customers. Also, best corporate cafeteria ever!

ConsDevelopment teams are geographically dispersed, often making it difficult to coordinate across time zones. Engineering is under-staffed relative to the product goals set forth.

Great place to work

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat people, innovative products, lots of learning opportunities

Consemployee benefits could be better

Nice place to work

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Proswork culture is great and easy going, people are friendly and they help each other, cafeteria is good, also has all other facilities on the site like gym and recreation sportes. Some smart people work here and they are willing to guide

Consdelay in hiring, should hire people quickly. higher management sometimes does not take proper decision on the right time and loose good people for work.

Advice to Senior Managementmore aggressive on new tech

TIBCO is a great company to work for!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Brussels (Belgium)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- TIBCO has really cool and fantastic products, so for technical people who want to learn and grow, it's a great place to be with a lot of opportunities.
- People in TIBCO are very skilled and share their knowledge, which again helps other people grow and learn.
- In Europe teams are smaller, which makes it easy to get a good working relationship with colleagues and management.
- The management structure is pretty flat which makes direct communication with management possible.
- Strong sense of independence among employees. You manage your own work and schedule as much as possible.
- Great events and training opportunities.

Cons- Some flexibility is required in terms of work location as you need to be on client site.
- Travel can be required (but can be fun as well so in my opinion not always negative - this depends on your own preference).

Advice to Senior Management- Try and find a way to compensate the inconveniences of travel for work. Many other companies have interesting arrangements for this.

hard to find a better company to work for...

Senior Architect (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- people.. some of the smartest people you will ever work with...really helping and care for each other. I work in consulting division within central and it is one big happy family.
- lots of opportunity to move around. if you know what you want to do, its is really easy to move around
- senior management is really great..they know what they are doing.. every one is really focussed and passionate about taking TIBCO to the next level
- product...TIBCO products are far superior than everyone else in every market where TIBCO competes....lots of learning opportunity.

Cons- in my current job, the thing i hate the most is travel...requires travel every week monday thru thursday...

- there

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue doing what you have been doing....

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 325 reviews are posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.