TIBCO Software

Updated 9 December 2014
Updated 9 December 2014
3.7

Murray Rode

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 26 reviews)

• Work culture is very relaxed and the main office is on a beautiful lake (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 13 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall a decent company

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is supportive for those who want to work on international assignments or movement within other departments within the organization.
    Good 401k match, commuter check subsidy of $100 per month. Multiple offices across the globe so work is handed over to different regions, very good model for 24x7 kind of work.

Cons

Bonus varies as per company performance. No official work from home policy. Can do better with employee training and career/professional development.

Not to be taken seriously anymore

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are none left offer here.

Cons

since the announcement of the acquisition, we are stuck doing busy-work with no product enhancement/development in sight. no road-map. No forward-looking strategy. We will most likely be sold off bit by bit. The high-paid management knows their days are also numbered and just don't care at this point. I'd say entertain a high-paid contract position here if offered, but don't invest your career here or you will meet a brick wall.

You have ruined this company. You took your eye off the products and the customer-satisfaction levels.

Tibco Software

Current Employee - Consultant in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Horrible yearly increment. Bad management.

21st Century vision with 80's style management

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Products work, services are awsome, great vision

Cons

Worse leadership I've seen in decades

Get with the programme and change the go to market model, customers don't want to buy that way anymore

Upper Management Clueless

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Amazingly talented people working at lower and mid-level. A few good people in the upper-level positions. Great on-site cafeteria and fitness center. Good, kind people to work with. Interesting product ideas, even if not always implemented well.

Cons

Pay is usually quite a bit under market value, bonuses are slim. True appreciation for work that is above-and-beyond the call of duty is rarely truly recognized. CEO is more interested in his sports team than his company. Upper management are an old-boy network. Occasionally they will replace people in upper-management positions, but always people who think exactly the same way and tow the same line. Upper-management thinking is always short-term, with no true long-term thinking. Executives completely out of touch with the people on the front lines and in the ditches. Constant worry about the next quarter's goals, while sacrificing the long-term quality of the product. They once had high-quality, robust products. Now they mostly push out products that are not ready for production in the name of "revenue recognition", often spelling the death of products with a lot of potential.

Get with it. The people that build your products really do know what is most wrong with the company, but you aren't ready to listen. Sometimes you have to take a hit with bad numbers one quarter to get the right product out there. In the end, a solid quality product will make MUCH more money than the severely-discounted, not-yet-ready product you push off onto your customers. And remember that every customer you burn with this scheme is a customer that will not come back to TIBCO for other products. Let us build the products that they should be. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Get some people with a new way of thinking into some executive positions. It's what's most sorely needed in this company.

Good at the beginning

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Café on site. Learning opportunities. Some places for advancement. Friendly people over all, every place has it's bad apples.

Cons

Management turned a blind eye to issues.

React quicker to issues. Eliminate the road block people sooner instead of after people start leaving because of them.

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started working at TIBCO straight out of college as a digital marketing intern. I had a lot to learn, and I can easily say that at my time here at TIBCO, I don't think I could have learned more anywhere else. You are surrounded by a lot of creative and intelligent people who have a lot of experience and know what they are doing. Everyone supports one another, and the benefits are great as well. I would recommend working there to anyone.

Cons

The cafe gets extremely crowded and they just increased the price of food there by quite a bit.

Ok

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Friendly coworkers and nice office

Cons

Unqualified manager for someone is referred and got hired after a 15 minutes interview.

Wok and place review

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Awesome company to work,with good company culture,good benefits.

Cons

They should open a office in NCR India.

Great company to work for

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tibco offers great opportunities for continuous learning.The work environment is really good , work life balance is great .

Cons

Compensation and benefits are not as expected.