TJ Maxx

TJ Maxx Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

TJ Maxx President & CEO Carol Meyrowitz

Carol Meyrowitz

Pros
  • Flexible schedule for students and they allowed you to limit shifts if needed(in 32 reviews)

• Flexible hours with nice managers(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Every time I received a raise, it was cancelled out when minimum wage was increased(in 48 reviews)

• They expect excellent work and PUSH for you to get credit cards, but with no reward(in 36 reviews)

A limiting, disappointing experience...

Backroom Associate (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Prosit is hard to get fired, minimal responsibility, very easy job to learn, flexible hours, weekly pay is good

Consno room for growth, pay is minimal, hours are hard to come by, the more experience you get the less hours you get, horribly managed, too many authority figures with no single model to follow, not enough hours for a reasonable workload, too much outside hiring

Advice to Senior Managementchange the policies so that they don't contradict each other. they do not work for the store level. Mgmt needs more guidance on how to build a better successful model

ugghh

Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) Honolulu, HI (US)

ProsFast Hiring process I guess? Weekly paycheck so you're never really broke per se, some nice people to work with

ConsWhen the store closes fixing up certain departments can be a headache, some managers don't care what time you get out. I HATE PUSHING TJX CREDIT CARDS ON PEOPLE! sometimes it is very understaffed so you need to be in three places at once!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't talk to employees like their are children who are stupid or in a condescending way

Flexible for high school or temporary part time work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule for students and they allowed you to limit shifts if needed. Simple work.

ConsRude customers, Terrible pay and benefits. Always trying to cut back full time hours and very stingy with raises. Can get tedious and mundane.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand behind your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice place to work but not paid enough

Backroom Associate (Current Employee) Farmingdale, NY (US)

Prosit was a great working environment and the people there are nice

Constrying to make ends meet making minimum wage is major problem

Advice to Senior Managementstart paying your associates more then maybe the work quality would increase

My first job

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Nashua, NH (US)

Prosgood sales, decent discount, lots of flexibility, lots of good experience for further retail work.

ConsThe hours you receive are based on your availability, not your work performance

Good High School/College aged job!

Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) Newton, MA (US)

ProsFlexible schedules
    Diverse coworkers
    Good about breaks

ConsLow pay
    Lots of work to do during closing hours
    Call you to work different departments frequently.
    Only 10% discount

Feeling of not being paid enough

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsWork with some great people

ConsLots of hard work, start off with minimum wage. Sometimes, gossip.

Great, but cheap

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Germantown, WI (US)

ProsGreat communication and great co workers, managers are very flexible. Perfect for high school students

ConsCheapest company ever. Your annual raise will be like 5 cents..... -_-

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being stingy with y'all money

Be passionate about your job, or don't work here

ProsGreat culture and growing company. Great for a first time job or to gain retail experience. Fast paced and dynamic workplace.

ConsThe pay is not competitive, and is no where near the actual cost of living. Compared to many other retailers the insurance is nowhere near as great. Not too flexible schedule wise. The company also needs to work on internal development .

Advice to Senior ManagementWork more on your hourly associates! They love the company also, and want to grow with it. You may hire at minimum wage, and get minimum effort from some, but your dedicated and hard workers are not being given raises and paid any differently than those who don't care.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good job... when there is a team effort

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Sumter, SC (US)

ProsThey made every effort to work around my schedule and give me extra hours when I said I needed them (or vice versa). I can overall say that they look out for their people and try to provide where they can. I was always offered additional opportunities in the company to advance. My manager was awesome and always offered help on the floor and always had my back if I knew I was in the right without damaging customer relations.

ConsThe only drawback was not necessarily the company, but just individual workers. Some definitely worked much harder than others who earned the same paycheck and then had the nerve to complain when they weren't doing anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe something could be done on the HR/recruiting side to ensure they are hiring better people or at least not putting up with existing employees because of seniority. Those who truly have the drive to work are the ones that will make the company successful.

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!