Targa

Add Photos

Targa CEO and Director Rene R. Joyce

Rene R. Joyce

OK Experience

Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsMiddle management personnel were very insightful and would often go the extra mile to help.
    Strong group of young analysts who challenge each other and existing, antiquated processes
    Office environment fairly laid back

ConsAnalyst Program not really what I was lead to believe it would be
    Very few actual mentors that can bridge the gap from analysts to managers
    Few meaningful opportunities exist that offer cross functional training opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine what the Analyst Program is really designed to accomplish. Don't mislead potential recruits by spinning it as something that it isn't.

Not great but not bad

Accountant (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsYou will learn a lot as this is a very lean company as far as staffing goes intentionally. It allows for people to get a lot of exposure to different areas very early.

ConsSome of the managers are not in tune with the younger employees they are bringing in. Some managers are certainly better than others for certain, but there are managers who treat younger employees as worker bees to give them information so that they can take all the credit for it and not give credit to those responsible for finding and compiling it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart moving out your older managers. They discourage younger people from coming and staying as they are highly resistant to changes that could be positive if they could require them to change the way they do things. Don't let managers be inefficient because its comfortable.

Corporate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Pros- In the short amount of time I have been here everyone that I have worked with or meet has a high regard for ethics and friendliness.
    - Company is always growing
    - You are not a number here.

Cons- Company is a little understaffed right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company, good people, still exploring the new way to develop

Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat people to work with, fair compensation

ConsThe new analyst development program needs to be more organized. Inter-department should have more communication.

People are not that great-

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsSmall company so plenty of opportunites to learn.

ConsPeople hoard knowledge and work. Culture is under developed and carries a lot of bitternes from their dynegy days.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on teambuilding and less on finger pointing. Help people work together instead of against each other.

Worked for Targa? Contribute to the Community!